Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:impatient:

Still waiting.....

:lol

BTW guys, Sideshow now has for preorder the TTM-16 body. $52 shipped and you earn 45 points with the purchase. That's the route I went, little more expensive then some places but I'll get some points that way. I would guess they get these as soon as they are available so hopefully I'll get it quicker from them. :dunno

Other places offer rewards points as well as an $8 discount. ;)

:impatient:

Still waiting.....

BTW guys, Sideshow now has for preorder the TTM-16 body. $52 shipped and you earn 45 points with the purchase. That's the route I went, little more expensive then some places but I'll get some points that way. I would guess they get these as soon as they are available so hopefully I'll get it quicker from them. :dunno

Thats about 2.00 in credit. I think you can find it cheaper somewhere else.

Other places offer rewards points as well as an $8 discount. ;)

Its also important to note that the additional $8 does not equal $8 worth of SS points.

Thats about 2.00 in credit. I think you can find it cheaper somewhere else.

Yeah I know, but I'm lazy and I was trying to keep all my points in one place. Easier to keep track of/use that way for me....maybe not the smartest solution in the end. Maybe I'll switch it to somewhere else.

Geez and here I was happy to find it there. Way to ruin it for me. :)

Its also important to note that the additional $8 does not equal $8 worth of SS points.

Sideshow is only worth purchasing from if it's an exclusive. The rewards points equivalent you're defending as missing out on is like 3 pesos. :lol

Most vendors have a standard 10% discount on SS items, which easily beats the 5% rewards points you would receive. Plus, the shipping is cheaper than SS, and the some vendors offer rewards points of their own. I only order from SS for the EXs.

Most vendors have a standard 10% discount on SS items, which easily beats the 5% rewards points you would receive. Plus, the shipping is cheaper than SS, and the some vendors offer rewards points of their own. I only order from SS for the EXs.

Plus, if you live in CA, there's the tax to consider which adds about $10+ to the price of a figure.

Sideshow is only worth purchasing from if it's an exclusive. The rewards points equivalent you're defending as missing out on is like 3 pesos. :lol

Oh I completely agree. I was only trying to point out that even when taking the SS points into account some people would still be saving more if they chose to go with another retailer.

Still, I appreciate the fact that SS created a point system to encourage repeat business from their retail store. It's more than other retailers would have done in their place.

Oh I completely agree. I was only trying to point out that even when taking the SS points into account some people would still be saving more if they chose to go with another retailer.

Still, I appreciate the fact that SS created a point system to encourage repeat business from their retail store. It's more than other retailers would have done in their place.

BBTS and VP both offer points toward future purchases, shipping is cheaper, there's no sales tax (for me anyway) AND you get the e-tailer discount. ;)

Of course, all this goes straight out the window if the exclusive is a must. :lol

BBTS and VP both offer points toward future purchases, shipping is cheaper, there's no sales tax (for me anyway) AND you get the e-tailer discount. ;)

Of course, all this goes straight out the window if the exclusive is a must. :lol

Wait, Big Bad Toy Store has a points system too?! :dunno

I didn't realize that. Is it under your account info what you have accrued (remember I'm lazy!).

Well VP is out of stock now so that stinks. BBTS still has some but I didn't realize you received any points.

:thud:

Alter Ego has a point system too and they carry all of SS's stuff and usually have the cheapest price that SS will allow.

Alter Ego has a point system too and they carry all of SS's stuff and usually have the cheapest price that SS will allow.

Yeah I knew about that. I bought my Blade from them because it was the cheapest price I could find. I don't see that they have the new Truetype though.

Yeah, my bad. I got the two mixed up. Alter Ego has points, not BBTS.

I was thinking how can I have missed that!? I've ordered a few things from them in the past and had never seen anything on my account info about points/rewards.

This time Nam....NEVER again though! :lol

Doing a bit of work on mine.

ARM.jpg

Here's some pics of my SE that have been requested. I've got him on the Blade body.

without the gear
SEWesker.jpg

geared up
SEnew.jpg

SEnewClose.jpg

SEnewRight.jpg

Here's some pics of my SE that have been requested. I've got him on the Blade body.

without the gear
SEWesker.jpg

geared up
SEnew.jpg

SEnewClose.jpg

SEnewRight.jpg

NICE! Was the conversion easy? Hey thanks for posting btw, appreciate you taking the time.

Got a question for you freaks. I know, I know, wrong thread but anyways I opened my SS last night....body is absolute junk. It's super loose and will barely hold a pose beyond anything but standing. So...what body should I start hunting to replace the Sideshow one here?

Should I order another TTM-16....or is there a better one you guys have used in the past?

I would try out the Wolverine, Comedian or even Leo body for SS these days. Check out the SS photo thread and Sam's got a pic with him there.

Damn those are some nice detailed and lit shots. What camera and settings?

Thanks EVILFACE. I'm using a Canon T1i, 55-250mm lens, ISO 1600 with really bad fluorescent lighting... lol. With that lens I'm about 4-5ft away from the subject.

Back