Sideshow Ralph McQuarrie Stormtrooper Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it'll depend on the hopes they had for the line. I'm guessing they were thinking relatively small ES anyway, since this is niche artistic concepts based over the famous cannon counterparts. I'd be surprised if they don't throw out a Starkiller as well, but it's possible they weren't planning on diving much deeper into the line outside of these initial pieces anyway.

While these are somewhat unique conceptual counterparts from the early days that somewhat reflect the final film characters, I'm not sure a bearded Han Solo and not so Wookie-looking Chewbacca would do as well! :lol

star-wars-early-chewbacca.jpg

I will buy the **** out of those bearded solos if they make em.

From what I remember reading some time back, Sideshow plans to only make the three.

I really like the trooper, but I've got to draw the line somewhere. $70 more and we are in PF territory. They could have just made these in 1/4 scale. But I get that they will probably display well with the Mythos line. I never bought any of those, as I had a feeling the line wouldn't get very far.

I'm not convinced these will display well with the Mythos at all. The Mythos all have a ragged, kinda "dirty" and battle worn appearance (thinking of the tattered robes, the shirtless Maul, singed Vader cape, and the amazing robe on Obi-Wan, etc) while these appear very clean, 70s-era "futuristic," and kinda, well, sterile.

The sizes match, sure, but I think the aesthetic is very different. I like the clean idealized "concept-y" look to these, they're based on concepts after all. Just not sure what they would display well with. Guess we'll see :)

With the price point for these being what it is, I really don't understand why they didn't just make them as PFs. For a few bucks more, those interested would have found the price justifiable and they would have fit in nicely with the other PFs as opposed to the 5 mythos. Oh well.

With the price point for these being what it is, I really don't understand why they didn't just make them as PFs. For a few bucks more, those interested would have found the price justifiable and they would have fit in nicely with the other PFs as opposed to the 5 mythos. Oh well.

They tend to do that with lines like this where people like to group them together (the set) without taking up PF space but to achieve maximum visual appeal. I assume in 1/5th the sting of buying all would be lessened price wise.

For 400 bucks, the production piece had better turn out like the prototype.

Well I have a hunch that these price increases are to help regulate QC a bit. Obviously speculation but many of the pieces coming out of SS lately have been great. I am certainly willing to pay more if they are regulating the process a bit more stringently.

I was gonna be, but this may be a bit too much...

I'll see if my "dealer" might be able to score an exclusive direct for me. :pray:

this looks good but i think ill have to pass since it's already confirmed that starwars TFA products are currently being developed. i'm more interested on those TFA products.

I'm just not seeing it, when I can go to the SS site right now and buy a Stormy PF for $299.

Weren't those plagued with "Yellow tint" issues? I believe those were the ones I read about a while back. I like the look of this one, but I doubt I'll bite. Too much on deck, and I like the look of TFA Stormtrooper a lot! Kind of a mix of this concept and the one we all know and love. Maybe I'll snag one of those if they do them...well, when they do them. :lol

simon-pegg-accidentally-reveals-a-stormtroopers-identity-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens

I'm still guessing a chunk of the price goes for the artist license as well. I remember buying the Samurai Predator Hot Toy for $359.99 back when Hot Toys were basically under $200...that had a lot to do with the unique license. That said, it's one of my favourite pieces, so I'm really glad I bit when I did! :)

Weren't those plagued with "Yellow tint" issues? I believe those were the ones I read about a while back. I like the look of this one, but I doubt I'll bite. Too much on deck, and I like the look of TFA Stormtrooper a lot! Kind of a mix of this concept and the one we all know and love. Maybe I'll snag one of those if they do them...well, when they do them. :lol

simon-pegg-accidentally-reveals-a-stormtroopers-identity-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens

I'm still guessing a chunk of the price goes for the artist license as well. I remember buying the Samurai Predator Hot Toy for $359.99 back when Hot Toys were basically under $200...that had a lot to do with the unique license. That said, it's one of my favourite pieces, so I'm really glad I bit when I did! :)

I got mine from the original batch and she is still pearly white.

Back