Sideshow Ralph McQuarrie Boba Fett Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I don't think it's a big enough reason to cancel. But just are you unhappy with the "change" is really the question ;p

Yeah I don't think it's a big enough reason to cancel. But just are you unhappy with the "change" is really the question ;p

I got mine yesterday and opened it. I really like it, but yeah, the darkness is definitely more evident in person than in the photos. Looks more weathered than shaded to me. With that said, it looks really good with the Stormtrooper and will look even better when Vader stands between them.

I don't really think it's SS taking liberties, just the factory praying a bit too much. Just shading gone too far. v0v though nothing you can do, if you like it you like it ;p I wasn't a huge fan before, it doesn't really make it particularly worse in my mind but I would prefer the less dark look. I'd be passing either way, if I wasn't I'd prob just live with it.

It isn't so much shading as it is just the wrong colour. It actually looks nice imo, but none the less, I'd be painting it white if I had purchased one. There is a danger of fully white statues looking toy like. This is where careful highlights and weathering comes in to play, but we know well by now that none of these factories do that very well, it takes time more that anything.

My Ralph McQuarrie Boba Fett Statue from Star wars by Sideshow Collectibles Video Review. Enjoy!

I like the look personally. They could have done less grey but at some point it is going to look too flat white without it.

FYI in yesterday's Star Wars Rebels they had more Mandalorians with armor based on the McQuarrie Fett

imperial-super-commandos-e1478356505897.jpg

They looked great I thought, my only issue is they were using clone jet packs(the style commander Cody used)

Looks like the exclusive is waitlisted. This line is going faster then I thought it would. Glad I got this one on flex pay. I'm going to have to order Vader now too before he goes to waitlist.

Looks like the exclusive is waitlisted. This line is going faster then I thought it would. Glad I got this one on flex pay. I'm going to have to order Vader now too before he goes to waitlist.

I would wait. Chances are we will get a discount on him just like the other 2. Worse case scenario you jump on the waitlist and get a conversion.

I would wait. Chances are we will get a discount on him just like the other 2. Worse case scenario you jump on the waitlist and get a conversion.

That's probably a good call. I wish I would have waited to order fett, I only used a $20.00 off coupon. I might just use rewards points for Vader, it would bring the price down quite a bit.

This friday sideshow will send the SS boba I ordered to me (last Payment). Can't wait till he's here and see the colour of his suit.

Me having a white besta setup probably has something to do with it but I actually like the grey over the white of the stormtrooper. Especially since they are flat and not glossy.

Well when I finally got my boba fett exclusive it came with a chip in the chest piece. I've been emailing and live chatting with sideshow for almost a month now and just finally got the response that they have no replacement parts available. They are offering me a credit or letting me return it. I'm thinking about keeping it and just ordering a regular with the credit. I really want to have this piece and I would think I could swap out the body from the regular to the exclusive. If I use reward points and the credit the regular version will cost me nothing, except shipping.

There's no difference in the bodies, is there? If they have a bunch of the regular version, they should have a replacement for you.

There's no difference in the bodies, is there? If they have a bunch of the regular version, they should have a replacement for you.

I don't think there's any difference. As far as I know it's just the switch out head. I was told they have depleted all replacement parts and would not open a regular to get the body.

Back