Sideshow Ralph McQuarrie Stormtrooper Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I am out in this. Just too much for what you are getting I think, and I think style wise it will clash too much with the Mythos pieces. Of course if people are passing, this line is going to be DOA.

$400 :lol my way out of collecting! I respect the concept work, but didn't like the ST with saber anyway. Vader will be hard to pass on though.

More expensive then I wanted it to be, but I ordered it. I'm in for the first 3 then I'll be done if the line continues.

Project itself is awesome, imho, but will likely be killed by the usual moronic choices.
Silly price point and ridicolous timing, this line was previewed like 2 years ago first, then teased, then teased again, in the meanwhile people who were waiting on something to replace the Mythos just moved on and brought their cash somewhere else. Can't wait to see the 1:5 Vader being priced as the 1:4 Boba PF, just to make even less sense.
Too bad because (except for the base) sculpt is super nice, switch outs are good and exclusive is spot on.

I think it'll depend on the hopes they had for the line. I'm guessing they were thinking relatively small ES anyway, since this is niche artistic concepts based over the famous cannon counterparts. I'd be surprised if they don't throw out a Starkiller as well, but it's possible they weren't planning on diving much deeper into the line outside of these initial pieces anyway.

While these are somewhat unique conceptual counterparts from the early days that somewhat reflect the final film characters, I'm not sure a bearded Han Solo and not so Wookie-looking Chewbacca would do as well! :lol

star-wars-early-chewbacca.jpg

holy crap....that not-wookie wookie thing looks A LOT like the new co-pilot creature in the SW Rebels cartoon.....it looks almost exactly. i wonder if this is where they got the inspiration from??

holy crap....that not-wookie wookie thing looks A LOT like the new co-pilot creature in the SW Rebels cartoon.....it looks almost exactly. i wonder if this is where they got the inspiration from??

That's exactly where they got it from. :)

:goodpost:

They should really put their creativity, energy and resources into creating more SW PFs. If they wanna do something unique that's never done before, then maybe do a Darth Snoopy! :cuckoo:

Project itself is awesome, imho, but will likely be killed by the usual moronic choices.
Silly price point and ridicolous timing, this line was previewed like 2 years ago first, then teased, then teased again, in the meanwhile people who were waiting on something to replace the Mythos just moved on and brought their cash somewhere else. Can't wait to see the 1:5 Vader being priced as the 1:4 Boba PF, just to make even less sense.
Too bad because (except for the base) sculpt is super nice, switch outs are good and exclusive is spot on.

Yeah, the timing is just crazy. On the eve of Force Friday? If this was a year ago, I might have been bored enough to buy it, but at this point I can see the horizon of TFA figures, as well as the onslaught of Hot Toys OT line and will respectfully pass.

I got mine from the original batch and she is still pearly white.

That's good to hear. I could only scan through the thread so much back when I was looking into it, and it must've been through a bad patch. Glad to hear that they turned out well for some! It'd be quite unfortunate to receive any piece with issues like that. I've never been big on Troopers, but these new TFA ones are quite cool...I'll be in for the combo pack they just revealed today, though I'm not sure I'd get any more of them than that. I know some people really love all the Troopers and hell, you can have a collection just based on those with all the types there are! They're like the Iron Man of Star Wars! :lol

That's good to hear. I could only scan through the thread so much back when I was looking into it, and it must've been through a bad patch. Glad to hear that they turned out well for some! It'd be quite unfortunate to receive any piece with issues like that. I've never been big on Troopers, but these new TFA ones are quite cool...I'll be in for the combo pack they just revealed today, though I'm not sure I'd get any more of them than that. I know some people really love all the Troopers and hell, you can have a collection just based on those with all the types there are! They're like the Iron Man of Star Wars! :lol

essentially the new run (aka their current stock) is a bit yellow, original ones didn't have the problem.

LOL! I'm sorry I can't stop laughing at this. Do you have rewards points that you can use? I know $400 is a lot for 1/5 scale but I need this line...looks like the ES might be 5 :lol

BTW...not only was this $400, but my shipping for it was $38...seems a little much :thud: :dunno

I finished up the last of my rewards points on the R5 preorder. I have a zero balance currently...

However...

I just ordered this McQuarrie Stormtrooper! :D

Back