Sideshow Ralph McQuarrie Stormtrooper Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That came from Statue Collectors FB page and seems both are SSC statues, one is Joker. And I think these pics were on the comics section on this board too.

I'm out. No way I'm paying $400. I paid $500 for the 1/5 scale Indy on Horse and that piece was way more detailed than this one, and I still feel like I overpaid. $350 would have been more reasonable.

Not sure what I think of that price.

Yep same here. A non-mixed media 1/5th scale statue costing $400? That is a tad ridiculous. Better come out perfect for that price.

I'm out. No way I'm paying $400. I paid $500 for the 1/5 scale Indy on Horse and that piece was way more detailed than this one, and I still feel like I overpaid. $350 would have been more reasonable.

Sideshow does fantastic 1/5 sculpts. The detail they pack into them is pretty insane. Their entire Mythos line is 1/5, gorgeous, and most of those were $349.99 three years ago. When they announced the Masters of the Universe 1/5 line, I was hoping they'd land around $375, but with this one and Godzilla popping up, it looks like they'll be around $399.99 as well.

Considering PFs jumped from $399.99 to $469.99 or so in the span of a year, $40 up from pieces three years ago is fairly expected. That said, I think $375 for a Trooper would work better, but I'm sure the license has something to do with it as well. I'm sure they'll do their damndest to make sure this comes out as close to the proto as possible.

Sideshow does fantastic 1/5 sculpts. The detail they pack into them is pretty insane. Their entire Mythos line is 1/5, gorgeous, and most of those were $349.99 three years ago. When they announced the Masters of the Universe 1/5 line, I was hoping they'd land around $375, but with this one and Godzilla popping up, it looks like they'll be around $399.99 as well.

Considering PFs jumped from $399.99 to $469.99 or so in the span of a year, $40 up from pieces three years ago is fairly expected.

This is definitely NOT the mythos line though. These are WAY less detailed.

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but Sideshow Alex said she thinks the prices may vary on this line. If that's so, $400 is the low end. There is no way that Boba Fett and Darth are going to be cheaper than the Stormtrooper. I can understand everyone's frustration but it is a unique line and I think a lot of planning (design, sculpt, etc) went into this line. I may be the only one but I'm in at least for the McQuarrie statues

This is definitely NOT the mythos line though. These are WAY less detailed.

Oh no, I'm aware there! That's why I said this guy would probably be better at $375. I actually didn't check the preview until after I posted, and they're definitely a lot less detailed. But that's why I said I think they'll really aim to perfect the paints and shading to really bring the piece out. The license and artist concept may also add on additional costs, as that happens with artist pieces quite often. I'm hoping that's the case, because I'm still on the fence with the Masters of the Universe 1/5 line, but if they go over $400 out of the gate, that'll likely knock me out.

They're definitely niche Star Wars pieces! Not all fans will want these, but it does look quite nice. I'm not sure I'll go down this road, but this is pretty much where I was expecting 1/5s to be landing...with the hope they'd be $25 less. Again, that extra bump could be from the artist licenses and all.

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but Sideshow Alex said she thinks the prices may vary on this line. If that's so, $400 is the low end. There is no way that Boba Fett and Darth are going to be cheaper than the Stormtrooper. I can understand everyone's frustration but it is a unique line and I think a lot of planning (design, sculpt, etc) went into this line. I may be the only one but I'm in at least for the McQuarrie statues

That's unfortunate to hear. I could see Vader more for sure...he'd probably be the main one I'd be interested in. I know Mythos Maul was $250 to begin, and they went up from there; but I can't see the jump being that drastic. Guess we shall see!

I'm guessing we'll get to see this Proto at NYCC though! Always nice to see them in actual shots and video over just the promo pics.

That's unfortunate to hear. I could see Vader more for sure...he'd probably be the main one I'd be interested in. I know Mythos Maul was $250 to begin, and they went up from there; but I can't see the jump being that drastic. Guess we shall see!

Yea, Alex wasn't positive about the price increases but Boba has more detail than the trooper and Vader is Vader so I can see those being more. But as you said, we shall see :lol

With that price I'm guessing we'll see the three previewed and then that will be it for the line.

I think it'll depend on the hopes they had for the line. I'm guessing they were thinking relatively small ES anyway, since this is niche artistic concepts based over the famous cannon counterparts. I'd be surprised if they don't throw out a Starkiller as well, but it's possible they weren't planning on diving much deeper into the line outside of these initial pieces anyway.

While these are somewhat unique conceptual counterparts from the early days that somewhat reflect the final film characters, I'm not sure a bearded Han Solo and not so Wookie-looking Chewbacca would do as well! :lol

star-wars-early-chewbacca.jpg

Back