Sideshow Making 20"+ Movie Optimus Prime Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FANTASTIC NEWS! :rock Will be a bit too pricey for me, but hopefully this opens the door to potential Hot Toys products.:lol

Nope, he reaches behind him and the cannisters on his back become his guns. Only the swords replace the hands.

If there comes a day where hot toys announces this, I will cry.

FANTASTIC NEWS! :rock Will be a bit too pricey for me, but hopefully this opens the door to potential Hot Toys products.:lol

Nope, he reaches behind him and the cannisters on his back become his guns. Only the swords replace the hands.

If there comes a day where hot toys announces this, I will cry.

Looks like being a nice item but I'd be able to get 2 Buster Primes for a lot less than this static,non transforming rendition so it's an easy pass.

please Sideshow put some lights on Optimus :)

transformers-movie-optimus-prime1-pjlighthouse.jpg

This news is bittersweet. I love Transformers and of the film versions Prime is one of the few that I would want in a maquette but with Sideshow telling us outright how much work when into it I'm expecting this to be probably closer to the $1000 pricepoint than anything else and I'm not sure I'd spend that on this Prime. Bumblebee I might be more interested in as it should be smaller and therefore slightly more affordable maybe even Sideswipe but it'l really be depending on when it orders and ships. Iron Man 1:2, Vader 1:1, Cinemaquette Superman, Cinemaquette Vader, there is a ton of high ticket stuff coming out in the next year.

Lots of folks are super hyped about this right now, wait till the price is released and everyone will start crying cause they think its to much. :lecture

I think you'd be foolish not to expect this at minimum $800, it's going to be intricate on many levels.

Movie prime can't have a gun in his hand -- his hand becomes the gun.

In any case, I'm very interested to see how this turns out, although I don't see myself spending crazy amounts of money on it, even being a big TF fan.

You are wrong sir! In the first movie prime removes the gun from his back and fires it at Megatron.

This is just another reason i hate Michael Bay. Not only has he ^^^^ over my childhood memories, he created an Optimus Prime so intricately complex, this project will probably make the Vader bust look like sale of the century:monkey2

In a way, that to me justifies the expense of this piece. Few pieces will probably ever be made, hell this could be the one and only piece, to depict movie Prime from head to toe in every detail. I'm giving up on the idea of a Takara Masterpiece Prime from the movie, so this is likely to be it.

The Optimus maquette better be dinged up a bit. All those little scratches and paint chips in the movie (and more so in the sequel) aided the realism.

transformers-2-optimus-prime.jpg

I actually don't want the dings and scratches, while more realistic for the CGI, I thought he looked too worn and crappy, I'd like a statue showing him in mint condition, like a streamlined robot ass kicker that he is.

Thats one thing I alwasy found very lame about the movie. In robot form Prime was all scratched and dinged up, in vehicle form he is flawless.

Back