Sideshow Jason Momoa Aquaman 2018 PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not worth $600

I know most people would agree with you, but unfortunately this is just the way things are with statues from Sideshow. Especially with a few of us willing to spend even more to get better pieces in hand, and Sideshow knows it.

We'll all just have to get used to it, or just run for the hills and never look back. Because in a years time, they'll be even more expensive.

Why does his trident have 3 spikes and not five like in the movie?

You're kidding right?

It's two different movies, and while he may have the JL weapon in his solo movie, he's going to have the more powerful/acknowledged weapon in the solo movie. I'm sure it's been in a lot of the promotional photos etc. For all we know it may have extra abilities like it does sometimes in the comics/animation etc.

You're kidding right?

It's two different movies, and while he may have the JL weapon in his solo movie, he's going to have the more powerful/acknowledged weapon in the solo movie. I'm sure it's been in a lot of the promotional photos etc. For all we know it may have extra abilities like it does sometimes in the comics/animation etc.

Oh I see now. He's got both. My mistake.

I know most people would agree with you, but unfortunately this is just the way things are with statues from Sideshow. Especially with a few of us willing to spend even more to get better pieces in hand, and Sideshow knows it.

We'll all just have to get used to it, or just run for the hills and never look back. Because in a years time, they'll be even more expensive.

It’s just not worth it to me anymore, between the insane prices and meh sculpts & decisions. I’m down to maybe 2-3 PO’s a year across all licenses

It’s just not worth it to me anymore, between the insane prices and meh sculpts & decisions. I’m down to maybe 2-3 PO’s a year across all licenses

I can understand. I only got into the game 5 years ago. And the US prices have 'only' gone up $200 USD, for something like a 50% increase. But just be glad that you're not an international collector outside of the USA, as the price increase is more like a 200% increase in that timeframe, because of various factors. I think 5 years ago at my local retailer PF's in stock were like $500 AUD, now the preorders are around $1000 AUD!

I can understand. I only got into the game 5 years ago. And the US prices have 'only' gone up $150 to $200 USD, for maybe a 40-50% increase. But just be glad that you're not an international collector outside of the USA, as the price increase is more like a 200% increase in that timeframe, because of various factors. I think 5 years ago at my local retailer PF's in stock were like $500 AUD, now the preorders are around $1000 AUD!

I got in when PFs were $250 :lol

I have to paid a total of $1500 with delivery and custom tax ...

This is the first time aquaman get to be make in a movie ... this statue will be doble next year ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to paid a total of $1500 with delivery and custom tax ...

This is the first time aquaman get to be make in a movie ... this statue will be doble next year ...

I'll probably just get the regular locally from Popcultcha. I would have to spend anywhere from 40-60% more now to get the Ex direct from Sideshow. And luckily I can easily live without this particular Ex.

I'm expecting that after member discounts that I'll be able to get the regular in hand at pretty much what it's costs on the Sideshow website, but with free shipping,

I know he's movie-based, but I think I'm going to display him with the new Green Arrow, Supes, and Wonder Woman PFs.

Given the costume, you should be able to get away with that set up. And hasn't the comic version had a face/hair revamp recently in the comics?

Yea, that just might work. Even I'm thinking of getting this one.

I'm not happy about the fabric pants, but I think I can live with it. This piece looks really good!

Even that I have the Premium format on pre order ..

What do you guys think on this ..

Thoughts [emoji189] ?? Prime 1 or Premium format SD .?
79a79494f4d3901faa1db9dea6735185.jpg

Thankfully they're both great options, if you only collect 1/4 scale then PF is the way to go. Prime 1 will display with their black manta though so I'm now leaning towards the larger scale

Ok.. what about movie accuracy.?

They both look great to me, as long as sideshow deliver in the paint department. With prime 1 they can add more detail on the larger scale and it looks shinier. You know you'll get a final piece which is just like the proto, but they're more expensive obviously.

I haven't studied the accuracy in any detail but neither will be 100% accurate IMO

Back