Sideshow Jason Momoa Aquaman 2018 PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Secret Sanctuary review...

I finally got a chance to watch your review.

In response to a few of your thoughts and observations.

If the Trident is really two feet long at 1/4 scale, that’s another piece that crushes Factory Entertainments so called life size Trident which is only 6 feet tall :gah:

And yes this is truly not an Ex or Fail. But people’s wish for a comic based headsculpt was always a non starter. At best I think they may have done a sculpt where his hair isn’t floating in the imaginary ocean.

That being said I think this piece may look okay down low, as it hints that you’re looking down at him through the ocean depths......

Almost makes me regret cancelling this piece...but it had to be done:monkey2

Great review Nearmint! :clap

I definitely love the EX on this one and hopefully it'll still be in-stock when I'm able to purchase.

I had no idea ppl were expecting/hoping for a comic sculpt as the EX. Not sure why anyone would expect that from a movie PF. A non-flowing 'wet' hair look I could understand. But, I mean there's a reason the comic PF had 2 headsculpts (since he's sported those in the comics over the years) and those folks should get the comic PF if they want that look, plus you get the extra swap out hook arm.

Either way, this PF looks fantastic and much better than both the MoS and the WW movie PFs.

Great review Nearmint! :clap

I definitely love the EX on this one and hopefully it'll still be in-stock when I'm able to purchase.

I had no idea ppl were expecting/hoping for a comic sculpt as the EX. Not sure why anyone would expect that from a movie PF. A non-flowing 'wet' hair look I could understand. But, I mean there's a reason the comic PF had 2 headsculpts (since he's sported those in the comics over the years) and those folks should get the comic PF if they want that look, plus you get the extra swap out hook arm.

Either way, this PF looks fantastic and much better than both the MoS and the WW movie PFs.

Agreed although it works without the ex too

Agreed although it works without the ex too

for sure! it's a a fantastic looking piece regardless of EX or not with the right amount of mixed-media used. I know some ppl hate soft-goods on statues but I think when it's done right, it can really bring out some more realism.

for sure! it's a a fantastic looking piece regardless of EX or not with the right amount of mixed-media used. I know some ppl hate soft-goods on statues but I think when it's done right, it can really bring out some more realism.

Yeah I'm a fan of mixed media too but it's dying out in favour of full sculpt, because it's easier to get it to look right I guess

Yeah I'm a fan of mixed media too but it's dying out in favor of full sculpt, because it's easier to get it to look right I guess

Same... my first (and now only) PFs were the LOTR ones. I LOVE the real fabrics on those. I've had a couple of Star Wars ones as well as Superman related ones over the years, but the LOTR ones are the only ones I've kept. However, I'd love to get back in the game with this piece as well as back track and pick up the DC movie movie PFs and customize them to bring them up to current standards.

Its alot harder to dust mixed media statues (and therefore maintain), fabric fades or deteriorates over time and quality of fabric used plays a huge role in how it looks, esp with capes. A cape made of cheap materials can completely ruin an otherwise perfectly sculpted and painted statue.

Its alot harder to dust mixed media statues (and therefore maintain), fabric fades or deteriorates over time and quality of fabric used plays a huge role in how it looks, esp with capes. A cape made of cheap materials can completely ruin an otherwise perfectly sculpted and painted statue.

Yup I hated dusting the original Superman and Batman premium formats. As it immediately started to fray or plucked the threads. It was because of those two that I’ve either bought custom acrylic cases or put together a hell of a lot of Ikea furniture.

Furniture which I’ve added doors to the cabinets, and sealed both up as much as I could by running electrical tape along all eight joints of the cabinet, and then added various types of foam tape between the door and the cabinet. Dust does get in, but only when I open the doors.

Yup I hated dusting the original Superman and Batman premium formats. As it immediately started to fray or plucked the threads. It was because of those two that I’ve either bought custom acrylic cases or put together a hell of a lot of Ikea furniture.

Furniture which I’ve added doors to the cabinets, and sealed both up as much as I could by running electrical tape along all eight joints of the cabinet, and then added various types of foam tape between the door and the cabinet. Dust does get in, but only when I open the doors.

My og supes and modern bats pfs are sealed in a display room that is rarely opened. I have most of my fabric pfs in that room including Cap Allied charge and green hulk but those pants arent too bad to clean to begin with. Most of the time its just the capes i am cleaning constantly, which is why i hate them so much. My other fabric pfs, maul, vader, fett, and ren are out in a room that gets more dust but the fabric ssc used on the star wars pfs seems to be slightly more dust resistant (except for the capes) so i havent had any major issues, but still have to regularly dust them. I also have dc movie pfs (mostly batman) in that room, all sculpted bodies but the fabric capes are major dust magnets. Mauls head is a ***** to dust with all those horns lol. The vader pants are fraying a bit though already :gah, i should have bought the mythos version no mixed media.

My blitway rocky 2 statue is a nightmare, it sucks dust too it like a vacuum cleaner. Marilyn Monroe isnt as bad as rocky!!!

My og supes and modern bats pfs are sealed in a display room that is rarely opened. I have most of my fabric pfs in that room including Cap Allied charge and green hulk but those pants arent too bad to clean to begin with. Most of the time its just the capes i am cleaning constantly, which is why i hate them so much. My other fabric pfs, maul, vader, fett, and ren are out in a room that gets more dust but the fabric ssc used on the star wars pfs seems to be slightly more dust resistant (except for the capes) so i havent had any major issues, but still have to regularly dust them. I also have dc movie pfs (mostly batman) in that room, all sculpted bodies but the fabric capes are major dust magnets. Mauls head is a ***** to dust with all those horns lol. The vader pants are fraying a bit though already :gah, i should have bought the mythos version no mixed media.

My blitway rocky 2 statue is a nightmare, it sucks dust too it like a vacuum cleaner. Marilyn Monroe isnt as bad as rocky!!!

Which is why I put nearly everything behind glass. I hated dusting. Took forever, and the risks that I may damage something.......

I still have a few things out, but I’m in the process of putting them away too. But given I’m using standard Glassvik doors with those big black bevels, mean that I’m got a large part of the statue obscured (especially the 1/2 scales and 1/3), but that’s how much I hate dusting that I’m willing to make that sacrifice :dunno

I could’ve used Moducase, but they were double the price and the wait time was ridiculous. I may transition later on, but I’ll accept it for now.

I dust one statue a day while watching TV. Seems to work okay.

Yup, if you can get into a routine that may work.

But honestly my collection is a bit bigger than yours, and I’m somewhat lazy. I tried to dust entire areas or lines in one go, but I really should’ve done as you suggested and do one or two statues a day. But even that would mean it’ll take me a good 2-4 months to cycle through my collection if all of mine were out in the open (which thankfully they aren’t), and that’s not even including my 1/6 figure or 1/10 statue collection either which would add another 100+ to dust.

idk where or how y'all live but my PFs and other statues never got that much dust :dunno: I dusted maybe once every 6 months and even then, there wasn't much on them. I always just use compressed air and that does the trick

idk where or how y'all live but my PFs and other statues never got that much dust :dunno: I dusted maybe once every 6 months and even then, there wasn't much on them. I always just use compressed air and that does the trick

Unfortunately I have carpet , which I actually prefer under normal circumstances, but it sucks for collections, and I have a dog as well which doesn’t help matters.

Back