Statue Sideshow Hulk vs Wolverine Dio - 1/5 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Martin did a fantastic job with this piece! Amazing work. 1/4 would have just blown my mind. He needs to seriously consider doing that. SSC come on let him unleash his skills on 1/4 scale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martin did a fantastic job with this piece! Amazing work. 1/4 would have just blown my mind. He needs to seriously consider doing that. SSC come on let him unleash his skills on 1/4 scale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one is actually good size. 1/4 now with their insane base size is almost 1/3. No space and too pricey hahaha

This one is actually good size. 1/4 now with their insane base size is almost 1/3. No space and too pricey hahaha

I'd have still picked this up if it was 1/4 scale. It would have been EPIC looking and I'd find a place to display it. However, it's still a magnificent piece as is and I'm excited to have it in my collection.

I've had this on my living room table for a few days now and I'm still blown away with how AWESOME this MAQ looks. All of my family and friends have been able to see it and everyone thinks it looks spectacular. Eventually I'll have to put in my display room but I enjoy seeing it in the living room. My 2 sons and I dig that it's so visible all the time. My wife thinks it looks great she is patiently waiting for me to move the MAQ to my display room. :lol

Couldn't wait until the 15th, so I made my final payment this morning. Hope to get it by the end of the week.
And because it won't fit in a besta, what other options are there?

It fits in a besta with no doors and the base just hangs off maybe a quarter of an inch on one corner, also was able to get it at a nice viewing angle

So, I've had this displayed for 2 days now and I've really been able to look it over and admire it. I've waited a long time for this piece and I have to say SSC nailed it. This is one of SSC's most impressive statues of the last few years. As a matter of fact, this piece runs with the Lobo PF IMO. It's not a surprise given the uber talented Martin Canale sculpted both of them.

Here are the thoughts I have on the piece. The overall sculpt is stunning. Martin KILLED it. Wolverine is in pure berserker attack mode and the HULK is raging and looking to inflict major bodily harm on Wolvie. The poses on both of them is very dynamic. The details in the sculpt are spectacular. HULK's muscles are well defined and the vein work on both characters really stand out. It's just a top notch sculpt by a master sculptor. The paint apps on Wolvie are solid but the paint apps on the HULK are nothing short of stellar. This may be the best painted HULK statue ever released. The shading on him is superb and the little details like the dirt/mud on the HULK's feet really set it apart. This is just a great sculpt with impressive paint apps on it.

I've heard the complaints and seen the pics of Wolvie's teeth before I received my MAQ. After getting it, I can honestly say I feel that issue is way overblown. Could it have looked better? Sure, but when displayed, Wolvie's teeth on both portraits are a non-issue as far as I'm concerned. He looks great IMO. Also, some peeps have a gripe because there's no battle damage on either HULK or Wolvie. While I also think this piece would look better with battle damage, Misney didn't allow it. I can't fault SSC on that since it was not an option for them. My only issue with this MAQ is one I've brought up repeatedly....the seam on HULK's neck. There's just no reason to have the head detach if there's no COH for the HULK. For some, this isn't a big deal, but for me personally, it's an eyesore and a totally unnecessary one. I absolutely HATE unnecessary seams and wish SSC would take every opportunity to eliminate them in their merch. That all said, I still LOVE this MAQ but I just feel it would have looked even better with no seam on the HULK's neck.

On a personal note, I really wish SSC would have pushed the envelope on this and made the MAQ in 1/4 scale. I know it would have been expensive, but can you imagine if this piece was in 1/4 scale? I think this EPIC statue would have blown minds in 1/4 scale. Oh well, this MAQ is till a jaw dropping piece and after all these years, I'm beyond thrilled to finally have it in my collection. A tip of the hat to SSC for a job well done!

Yeah I just laughed when I got mine and looked at the teeth. I mean really who is going to look at his teeth that closely. I even tried and couldn't see what people were complaining about....

I've had this on my living room table for a few days now and I'm still blown away with how AWESOME this MAQ looks. All of my family and friends have been able to see it and everyone thinks it looks spectacular. Eventually I'll have to put in my display room but I enjoy seeing it in the living room. My 2 sons and I dig that it's so visible all the time. My wife thinks it looks great she is patiently waiting for me to move the MAQ to my display room. :lol

Few more days and she will move it herself haha

I like what he did in this picture. I think Red Hulk will look great also. 001.jpg

Yeah I just laughed when I got mine and looked at the teeth. I mean really who is going to look at his teeth that closely. I even tried and couldn't see what people were complaining about....

It's those greatly magnified pics peeps post. They just aren't practical and generally cause a lot of drama. When you look at the portraits in hand or displayed, they look just fine.

Few more days and she will move it herself haha

My wife is a sweetheart. She wouldn't dream of touching or moving any of my pieces. She's too afraid of breaking something. The worst she'll do is drop reminders from time to time. I don't keep my pieces out in the open for very long though. I have young nieces, nephews, and cousins that'll visit with their parents sooner or later. If I leave things out with them over, I'm asking for trouble.

What a beast this thing is!! It almost fits in a Besta but will have to find other accommodations. Going to need the weekend to process this!

Back