Statue Sideshow Hulk vs Wolverine Dio - 1/5 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man this piece just gets better every day. I am really loving this statue.

It's like its pulled right out of the comics :)

16722851_10208034495212068_2910995066901350984_o.jpg

Man this piece just gets better every day. I am really loving this statue.

It's like its pulled right out of the comics :)

16722851_10208034495212068_2910995066901350984_o.jpg

Can be viewed like you said from many angles. I really love how the Hulk was done. Perfect face sculpt. This just pops as a classic for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I just got an email that sideshow shipped my wolverine replacement body....funny thing is...they didn't even aske me to destroy my current one.

no need, can't be displayed as a stand-alone. what would be the market value?

I'm just surprised that they ask some people to destroy theirs but didn't bother with mine. Not that I'm complaining. I can glue the shoulder pad together and keep it aside as a spare if something even worse happens to the replacement.

So I just got an email that sideshow shipped my wolverine replacement body....funny thing is...they didn't even aske me to destroy my current one.

Huh seriously lol...well that's what we call a good mistake lol [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Huh seriously lol...well that's what we call a good mistake lol [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I love mistakes that work in my favour :monkey3

Sorry it took a while but I finally got some time to finish my
Impressions video for those of you who hate unboxing videos. Hope you guys enjoy;

So, I've had this displayed for 2 days now and I've really been able to look it over and admire it. I've waited a long time for this piece and I have to say SSC nailed it. This is one of SSC's most impressive statues of the last few years. As a matter of fact, this piece runs with the Lobo PF IMO. It's not a surprise given the uber talented Martin Canale sculpted both of them.

Here are the thoughts I have on the piece. The overall sculpt is stunning. Martin KILLED it. Wolverine is in pure berserker attack mode and the HULK is raging and looking to inflict major bodily harm on Wolvie. The poses on both of them is very dynamic. The details in the sculpt are spectacular. HULK's muscles are well defined and the vein work on both characters really stand out. It's just a top notch sculpt by a master sculptor. The paint apps on Wolvie are solid but the paint apps on the HULK are nothing short of stellar. This may be the best painted HULK statue ever released. The shading on him is superb and the little details like the dirt/mud on the HULK's feet really set it apart. This is just a great sculpt with impressive paint apps on it.

I've heard the complaints and seen the pics of Wolvie's teeth before I received my MAQ. After getting it, I can honestly say I feel that issue is way overblown. Could it have looked better? Sure, but when displayed, Wolvie's teeth on both portraits are a non-issue as far as I'm concerned. He looks great IMO. Also, some peeps have a gripe because there's no battle damage on either HULK or Wolvie. While I also think this piece would look better with battle damage, Misney didn't allow it. I can't fault SSC on that since it was not an option for them. My only issue with this MAQ is one I've brought up repeatedly....the seam on HULK's neck. There's just no reason to have the head detach if there's no COH for the HULK. For some, this isn't a big deal, but for me personally, it's an eyesore and a totally unnecessary one. I absolutely HATE unnecessary seams and wish SSC would take every opportunity to eliminate them in their merch. That all said, I still LOVE this MAQ but I just feel it would have looked even better with no seam on the HULK's neck.

On a personal note, I really wish SSC would have pushed the envelope on this and made the MAQ in 1/4 scale. I know it would have been expensive, but can you imagine if this piece was in 1/4 scale? I think this EPIC statue would have blown minds in 1/4 scale. Oh well, this MAQ is till a jaw dropping piece and after all these years, I'm beyond thrilled to finally have it in my collection. A tip of the hat to SSC for a job well done!

Last edited:
On a side note, it is well beyond time for SSC to assign a classic raging green HULK PF to Martin Canale and Gore Group. Seriously, what are they waiting for? Martin has KILLED it in 1/5 scale (with the COM and this MAQ) and in 1/4 scale (with King & Gladiator HULK). Give him an opportunity to craft a classic raging green HULK PF. I'm tired of the dated looking classic HULK PFs SSC has given us. Unleash Martin on the next green HULK PF and let him blow our minds with his amazing skills. This needs to happen already!

On a side note, it is well beyond time for SSC to assign a classic raging green HULK PF to Martin Canale and Gore Group. Seriously, what are they waiting for? Martin has KILLED it in 1/5 scale (with the COM and this MAQ) and in 1/4 scale (with King & Gladiator HULK). Give him an opportunity to craft a classic raging green HULK PF. I'm tired of the dated looking classic HULK PFs SSC has given us. Unleash Martin on the next green HULK PF and let him blow our minds with his amazing skills. This needs to happen already!

Hmmm maybe for the avengers assemble line?

I'm just surprised that they ask some people to destroy theirs but didn't bother with mine. Not that I'm complaining. I can glue the shoulder pad together and keep it aside as a spare if something even worse happens to the replacement.

Exactly right. Very good point.
That's why they should just not bother telling people to destroy the original piece. Its great also that Wolverine is a separate removeable sculpt , as it avoids having to destroy or replace a complete Dio over the issue. A beautiful Dio at that !

Last edited:
So, I've had this displayed for 2 days now and I've really been able to look it over and admire it. I've waited a long time for this piece and I have to say SSC nailed it. This is one of SSC's most impressive statues of the last few years. As a matter of fact, this piece runs with the Lobo PF IMO. It's not a surprise given the uber talented Martin Canale sculpted both of them.

Here are the thoughts I have on the piece. The overall sculpt is stunning. Martin KILLED it. Wolverine is in pure besreker attack mode and the HULK is raging and looking to inflict major bodily harm on Wolvie. The poses on both of them is very dynamic. The details in the sculpt are spectacular. HULK's muscles are well defined and the vein work on both characters really stand out. It's just a top notch sculpt by a master sculptor. The paint apps on Wolvie are solid but the paint apps on the HULK are nothing short of stellar. This may be the best painted HULK statue ever released. The shading on him is superb and the little details like the dirt/mud on the HULK's feet really set it apart. This is just a great sculpt with impressive paint apps on it.

I've heard the complaints and seen the pics of Wolvie's teeth before I received my MAQ. After getting it, I can honestly say I feel that issue is way overblown. Could it have looked better? Sure, but when displayed, Wolvie's teeth on both portraits are a non-issue as far as I'm concerned. He looks great IMO. Also, some peeps have a gripe because there's no battle damage on either HULK or Wolvie. While I also think this piece would look better with battle damage, Misney didn't allow it. I can't fault SSC on that since it was not an option for them. My only issue with this MAQ is one I've brought up repeatedly....the seam on HULK's neck. There's just no reason to have the head detach if there's no COH for the HULK. For some, this isn't a big deal, but for me personally, it's an eyesore and a totally unnecessary one. I absolutely HATE unnecessary seams and wish SSC would take every opportunity to eliminate them in their merch. That all said, I still LOVE this MAQ but I just feel it would have looked even better with no seam on the HULK's neck.

On a personal note, I really wish SSC would have pushed the envelope on this and made the MAQ in 1/4 scale. I know it would have been expensive, but can you imagine if this piece was in 1/4 scale? I think this EPIC statue would have blown minds in 1/4 scale. Oh well, this MAQ is till a jaw dropping piece and after all these years, I'm beyond thrilled to finally have it in my collection. A tip of the hat to SSC for a job well done!

Great thoughts on this release! I agree... 1/4 and this would have been a piece for the ages... As it is it;s close. But 1/4 would have been some next level awesomeness.

Seam on hulks head does not bother me at all as it looks like part of the wrinkles in his neck.. I am sure SSC had some reason for doing this....

I think this hulk is painted greatly also... But in all honesty OG Hulk still has the best paint apps... Not my fav Hulk piece but it;s still the best one quality wise.

Nail on the head.... Could not agree more.. A 1/4 scale Canale and Gore group raging Hulk would be the ultimate Hulk piece.. Make it happen SSC :)

Back