Statue Sideshow Hulk vs Wolverine Dio - 1/5 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just read on one of the Facebook forums that sideshow used decals for the eyes on wolverine instead of painting them. I think they painted over the decals with a clear coat. You can only tell in an extreme closeup, but some people are pissed.

LOL, don't know why they would be pissed....SSC has been doing that for years...Funny how people are happy about something till they have something pointed out to them that they never would of noticed before..

Just like with the IS Spidey that had all the horrible plastic in it....lol. I have the piece and if it wasn't made such a big deal of in the forums I wouldn't of even noticed or cared, well I noticed but still don't care.

Ohmygurd...the world is ending

People just are out to complain about ssc anymore. They have been doing a good job of getting pieces close to proto but people will find something to ***** about. Personally I prefer special eyes.... less chance of wonkey eyes that way.

This statue got statue of the year for 1/4 size and it has really ****** decals. I didn't see anybody complain about this.

ghost-rider-statue-by-xm-studios-13.jpg

Just read on one of the Facebook forums that sideshow used decals for the eyes on wolverine instead of painting them. I think they painted over the decals with a clear coat. You can only tell in an extreme closeup, but some people are pissed.

LOL, don't know why they would be pissed....SSC has been doing that for years...Funny how people are happy about something till they have something pointed out to them that they never would of noticed before..

Just like with the IS Spidey that had all the horrible plastic in it....lol. I have the piece and if it wasn't made such a big deal of in the forums I wouldn't of even noticed or cared, well I noticed but still don't care.

Ohmygurd...the world is ending

People just are out to complain about ssc anymore. They have been doing a good job of getting pieces close to proto but people will find something to ***** about. Personally I prefer special eyes.... less chance of wonkey eyes that way.

This statue got statue of the year for 1/4 size and it has really ****** decals. I didn't see anybody complain about this.

View attachment 323706

I can't speak for all DM pieces, but I am pretty sure their Thor and their Medusa BOTH had decals for their eyes. I had someone send me extreme closures of the eyes on them and if I recal they were both decals

Does anyone have pics of this next to the Hulk Avengers Maquette

Not the maquette but here are three other Hulks to compare... Maquette and King were about the same size... You will see in the photos that even though this is 1/5 scale this is a BIG Hulk.... Mass wise he is not much different.

Put Hulk vs Wolverine on Base to have them equal for next two shots..

without added base

P1250705_zpszr7fkdbo.jpg

I got to get out measuring tape but I am pretty sure New Hulks bicep and triceps are as if not bigger then the 1/4 scale pieces...

Contribooting Picatoors; :p

I can see the custom ideas flying in...hulk holding a boulder in his left arm, spidey shooting a web at the rock.....would be epic

DSC00030.jpg
DSC00033.jpg
DSC00035.jpg
DSC00036.jpg

I don't know guys.... At first I liked this piece but upon closer inspection I am not sure if I should ask for a replacement or not....

I mean... It looks good like this sure...

P1250719_zpsssz9tlia.jpg

But when you get just a tad closer.... Problems start to be seen.... I mean... I should be able to view the head at least at 2x its normal size if not more...

P1250727_zpsssa7ujhq.jpg

Then when you really get close you can see how bad SSC screwed the pooch on this one...

fscherillo.jpg

Obviously SSC sucks

I zoomed back out.... Thinking I will send this pic with all the flaws pointed out to SSC for a replacement... What do you guys think..

P1250727.JPG

Seriously.... Not making fun of anyone here who may have gotten teeth worse then this... Just laughing at the hysteria over the teeth on other sites as well as the decal freak out with all the supper close ups...

This piece is a winner.

I zoomed back out.... Thinking I will send this pic with all the flaws pointed out to SSC for a replacement... What do you guys think..

Seriously.... Not making fun of anyone here who may have gotten teeth worse then this... Just laughing at the hysteria over the teeth on other sites as well as the decal freak out with all the supper close ups...

This piece is a winner.
I approve this message;
qV40K.gif

Jaws that was hilarious!! :rotfl

all joking aside, this piece is awesome, and the hulk by itself is outstanding.

Back