1/6 Sideshow GI Joe line on Hiatus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, these things are called Rumors and scuttlebutt for a reason.

there are also rumors out there that sideshow is relaunching the 1/6th joe line with a movie focus for the new film in two years.

There are rumors of a 1/6th scarlet in development.

We also know that a 1/6th Betlejuice, and Evil dead figures are in development.

Not to mention the Money-printing SW line.

Also, the rumor that sideshow is getting out of the 1/6th business has been around ever since they started to carry hot toys product.

it's scuttlebutt, nothing more.

Exactly on all points, why would SSC announce marvel and pull out once again?

Where did this rumour come from?

Exactly on all points, why would SSC announce marvel and pull out once again?

Where did this rumour come from?

Just more crap spouted on here.
Unless its an actual Sideshow announcement you should pretty much ignore everything.
It was pretty easy to predict the end of the Joe line... if they go for months without announcing ANY 1/6 figures then maybe this rumour might have some weight...
Until then let's just weight for the next rumour to start.

Any minute now....
:horse

The only Scarlet on it's way is from Spider Rogue.

Scarlet is the one thing I wouldn't be too surprised if we did still see one day...
They have the new body & the general outcry (not so much on here) was "all I neede was Scarlet!)
Before you start Kl241 Im sure the Joe is dead, im just saying that is the only way I could see another one surfacing...
It would sell.

AT BEST, we MIGHT one day see Scarlet releasaed as a SDCC Figure during a joe movie year, IF sideshow still has the liscense, IF the movie does well enough, and IF they care enough.

But even then, I really really doubt it's gonna happen.

Scarlet is the one thing I wouldn't be too surprised if we did still see one day...
They have the new body & the general outcry (not so much on here) was "all I need was Scarlet!)
Before you start Kl241 Im sure the Joe is dead, im just saying that is the only way I could see another one surfacing...
It would sell.

I'd believe that (and probably Sideshow would too) IF the exclusive Baroness wasn't still in stock.

Yep...figures sitting around in stock doesn't help getting anything else new......These figures are great,but the greater interest must not really be there

Yep...figures sitting around in stock doesn't help getting anything else new......These figures are great,but the greater interest must not really be there

Who wants to buy figures from a dead toy line knowing there isn't going to be anything else made? I'm seeing people dumping their entire collections now to raise money to buy new stuff from other licenses.

Who wants to buy figures from a dead toy line knowing there isn't going to be anything else made? I'm seeing people dumping their entire collections now to raise money to buy new stuff from other licenses.

there are people who will back track and buy older figures...even if some folks are dumping their collections,there really isn't that many produced out there and there are always folks looking to pick up back issues....as an Overall collection,the Sideshow Joes are worth picking up if you are a fan of GI Joe or like Military 1/6 scale figures

Yup. Taking a lot to convince me to buy her now that I know there's nothing else coming (like, a v.2 Destro).

buy her and make you're own Destro to your liking......Baroness is an excellent figure just like the rest of them

Not to my taste, sorry. You did a great job, though.

I don't have the time or money to rebuild Destro. Maybe in a couple years.

buy her and make you're own Destro to your liking......Baroness is an excellent figure just like the rest of them

She's just a waste of money at this point. Maybe if I build up enough reward points to get her for free.

Waste of money? Baroness might just be the best GI Joe figure they've made, imo...

The only reason it hasn't sold out is the price - HAS to be. I mean, it looks spectacular.

even better with a quick repaint....
DSC02672_zpsadc23ae3.jpg

but all in all..one of the better SSC joe figures..that's for sure....really true to the comic/org. figure...

Because buying them up is going to change anything? They pulled that BS with the LOTR line, and despite selling out rather quickly after that (to the surprise of us all), it's still MIA. Same with Indy. They swore to Josh and Carl personally we'd see more Indy. Still MIA as well. While I doubt they're getting out of the 1:6 market, I do see them turning the focus more toward the comic licenses. DC pretty much crippled everything, even SW slowed to a crawl, with assets put on those figures. Marvel's looking to do the same (if not worse). So I'd say aside from the occasional one-off of something like Evil Dead or Escape from New York, I see the Joes being DOA and Star Wars, having most of the hard R&D done, being relegated to "what halfassed variant can we release this quarter?"

Back