1/6 Sideshow GI Joe line on Hiatus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to agree with the others on the Joes being dead. I havent been around since the start., but by Major Bludd i was starting to notice that lack of love going the joes way. Someone said, somewhere, once the statues didnt sell it was game over, and well there are no more statues, you would think at least a classic Destro version, but nope.

As to marvel and dc. marvel will be fine, dc will die in the 1/6 line imo

Have to agree with the others on the Joes being dead. I havent been around since the start., but by Major Bludd i was starting to notice that lack of love going the joes way. Someone said, somewhere, once the statues didnt sell it was game over, and well there are no more statues, you would think at least a classic Destro version, but nope.

As to marvel and dc. marvel will be fine, dc will die in the 1/6 line imo

I can see DC dying; I mean crap, look at GL and the flash. Flash looks okay but GL looks like crap.

i wasnt NOT accepting it dude, thats pretty obvious thats PROBABLY what will happen but its just you were SO sure you knew the list before & it meant squat.

Yes,Sideshow had plans to make Scarlet,Gung-ho,Roadblock,Shipwreck,Snowjob (It wasn't BS and they sounded pretty certain of it)...BUT they scrapped those plans apparently.Sales didn't warrant enough to keep the line going....

yep, i expected that to happen after Bludd... to be honest i was starting to think Destro might get cancelled months ago.

I can see DC dying; I mean crap, look at GL and the flash. Flash looks okay but GL looks like crap.
Tell me about it, i was all yes to gl to more photos came out. The flash on the otherhand i will prob get

So if the rumors are true about Sideshow getting completely out of 1:6 and going to statues only that would also explain why they stopped the Joe line. Joe will likely return but only in statue form hence the "hiatus" of the license, but not what 1:6 collectors want. Here's hoping Soldier Story or another 1:6 company takes over the 1:6 Joe license.

So if the rumors are true about Sideshow getting completely out of 1:6 and going to statues only that would also explain why they stopped the Joe line. Joe will likely return but only in statue form hence the "hiatus" of the license, but not what 1:6 collectors want. Here's hoping Soldier Story or another 1:6 company takes over the 1:6 Joe license.
if that is true... why are they just announcing their Marvel 1/6 figures?

I guess they are clearing their plate of stuff they've been working on. I wouldn't expect the Marvel and DC lines to be that extensive.

Well, these things are called Rumors and scuttlebutt for a reason.

there are also rumors out there that sideshow is relaunching the 1/6th joe line with a movie focus for the new film in two years.

There are rumors of a 1/6th scarlet in development.

We also know that a 1/6th Betlejuice, and Evil dead figures are in development.

Not to mention the Money-printing SW line.

Also, the rumor that sideshow is getting out of the 1/6th business has been around ever since they started to carry hot toys product.

it's scuttlebutt, nothing more.

Oh Lerath, still doesn't believe the 1:6 Joe line is dead...

Facepalm-Godzilla.jpg

With Hot toys working with Hasbro and releasing Transformers figures namely Prime, do you think this partnership between the two will bring Hot toys Joes?
If It does I can't say Im excited as the prices are already ridiculous for your average figure but get ready for the hall of Snake Eyes figures that will come.

Sideshow 1/6 scale is alive and well and is not going anywhere anytime soon

And me I'm just taking a long time to make my final Scarlett. I may even do a resolute costume I'll turn around and sell on eBay. Mine will be out in sept.

Back