Why have SSC 1/6 DC figures taken so long to release & infrequently between releases?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c3_d2

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Why have SSC 1/6 DC figures taken so long to release & infrequently between releases?

2011 SDCC Sideshow DC license announced

2012 SDCC 1st SSC 1/6 DC figures shown

August 2013 1st SSC 1/6 DC figure Joker released. $190! OUCH!

2014 SDCC 1st NEW SSC 1/6 DC figures shown in 2 YEARS- Green Lantern and Flash! 4th SSC 1/6 DC figure Batman has YET to be released!

January 2015 5th SSC 1/6 DC figure Superman release date- 2 1/2 YEARS after 1st shown!

SSC 1/6 Star Wars figures license was 1st announced at 2005 SDCC and 1st released in 1st of 2006 Jedi Luke! ALL other SSC 1/6 Star Wars figures were released frequently since! Was same true for SSC 1/6 GI Joe figures I did not collect them but remember 2008 Super Bowl commercial announcement!

So what's the deal with SSC 1/6 DC figures? I was looking forward to this line after collecting DC Direct 13" figures 2005-2010! Can I expect NEWLY ANNOUNCED SSC 1/6 Marvel figures to be few and far between as well, because I have wanted THAT LINE sine 1/6 DC!

Re: Why have SSC 1/6 DC figures taken so long to release & infrequently between relea

Not sure what the answer is but I agree they take way too long getting these figures out. I was expecting to see a lot more figures introduced at SDCC this year and the only new figures shown were Flash and Green Lantern. It doesn't look good for the Marvel figures if SS follows the same formula.

Re: Why have SSC 1/6 DC figures taken so long to release & infrequently between relea

I think this line is just going through the paces. Everything released up to this point and with Supes was based on the DC old world look (pre Nu52). From here on out, all figures will be an interpretation much like GIJ was.

Speculating: I wonder if this is SSCs way of bypassing the whole push for Nu52? It seems like WB/DC is requiring most licensees to go with that look. If so, perhaps this is the source of the delay. Given these last two figs have been in development for some time now, maybe the real issue was getting WB/DC to approve the look. Particularly since the new approach will be more realistic and less comic book spandex. Perhaps the happy medium was for SSCs to produce figs that weren't quite Nu52 and not quite old DC either. From what I could see at SDCC, there's gonna be a specific look from Joker to Superman (old comic style) and another look from GL to the future.

Well Sideshow updated Batman like 3 times. Changed the cowl the cape the color, couldn't make up their minds. But honestly that thing needed time to cook, Im glad they held it back cause now it looks great

Back