1/6 Sideshow GI Joe line on Hiatus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not the first time G.I. JOE has been cancelled. Joe fans are tough, we can deal with it.

Projects just take time, at least for me anyway. Especially good ones.

There's a long list of Joes,Cobras and Dreadnoks to do still. I also want to improve the ones I do have. Anyway, to prevent this hobby from getting overwhelming, I like it when there's a group effort to do a figure (like Destro, Scarlet, Steel Brigade, Big Boa, ect). I think it would be good for the community if as a group, we worked on one figure a month, collectively (we're kind of already doing that unofficially). Like make August all about Scarlet. September, all about Big Boa, ect.
We could do a Joe one month and a Cobra the next month. Or we could potentially have all the Dreadnoks done in a year ;)

She does look spectacular and she is overpriced.

I think she's overpriced too. But I mentioned that Sideshow could have added a few more things to justify the price. Have the two portraits in the standard release, functioning weapons (Hot Toys have it), get that neck joint better. I can't remember what else I mentioned in my mini review. But the fact that Sideshow had Baroness with free shipping, discounts, and she's still not sold out. It just shows that they over estimated her or waited too long to release her. It probably doesn't help that these don't have any sort of limit. Although Hot Toys don't either.

The truth is they waited too long, releasing repaint anfter repaint of Cobra Troopers and ninjas, add to the fact that the Joes were grossly outnumbered by Cobra after Cobra release. If they had kept alternating releases evenly between Joe and Cobra, and did more of the essential core characters earlier in the line, she probably would have sold out. After 5 years of waiting, many collectors abandoned the line and it's evident since all of Cobra High Command is still sitting in the warehouse gathering dust. They made a big mistake not keeping this line evenly balanced, add to the fact they alienated classic Joe fans with their modern re-interpretations, and killed it themselves.

I think she's overpriced too. But I mentioned that Sideshow could have added a few more things to justify the price. Have the two portraits in the standard release, functioning weapons (Hot Toys have it), get that neck joint better. I can't remember what else I mentioned in my mini review. But the fact that Sideshow had Baroness with free shipping, discounts, and she's still not sold out. It just shows that they over estimated her or waited too long to release her. It probably doesn't help that these don't have any sort of limit. Although Hot Toys don't either.

:lecture

Initially, it sounds as if they tried to go with the army build route like how star wars did it (troopers and clones) but with cobra troopers and ninjas. :lol

Build your own! My Bazooka is almost done other than the back pack, and Alpine is in the works too!

View attachment 126771

View attachment 126772

Dude that's just badass! I've spent some considerable time looking for a 1:6 jersey to make a Bazook and you managed to find the perfect one! You also managed to create the numbers perfectly. I'd love to know specifically where the jersey came from.

It's not the first time G.I. JOE has been cancelled. Joe fans are tough, we can deal with it.

Projects just take time, at least for me anyway. Especially good ones.

There's a long list of Joes,Cobras and Dreadnoks to do still. I also want to improve the ones I do have. Anyway, to prevent this hobby from getting overwhelming, I like it when there's a group effort to do a figure (like Destro, Scarlet, Steel Brigade, Big Boa, ect). I think it would be good for the community if as a group, we worked on one figure a month, collectively (we're kind of already doing that unofficially). Like make August all about Scarlet. September, all about Big Boa, ect.
We could do a Joe one month and a Cobra the next month. Or we could potentially have all the Dreadnoks done in a year ;)
I think this is a great idea. There's a lot of great custom stuff being made but honestly, you guys are making this stuff too fast and I know if I'm having a hard time keeping up, I'm sure others are too. Maybe of we make the figures 2-3 month projects and work together I'm sure we can create dome bad ass figures. We'd have to make some sort of group though.

Back