Sideshow Forrum getting bad rep.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wondering if the marvel and Star Wars threads are the ones that are gaining the toxic rep. I mean I made a joke in the Logan thread once and some guy took it personally. They seem to have a void sense of humor. Everything must be serious or shut the hell up.

Sideshowcollectors > YouTube reviewers, commentators and Facebook users

I don't really see any of this fighting anymore. Must be in all those Marvel and Star Wars Hot Toys threads. :dunno

Wondering if the marvel and Star Wars threads are the ones that are gaining the toxic rep. I mean I made a joke in the Logan thread once and some guy took it personally. They seem to have a void sense of humor. Everything must be serious or shut the hell up.

I learned to avoid the marvel section a long time ago... even for someone as jokey and goofy as me it was too depressing and uptight. It takes A lot to bother me (im always in a good mood) and the marvel section will take the fun out of everything. it felt like a chore whenever i try to read something over there.

For me the best sections are the horror and the alien sections. I have never really ever seen a big fight or any problems. Alien section is always nice, it is kinda funny how the sections dealing with the darkest subjects like Horror and Aliens and robots and violence are so calm, while the kid friendly Disney avengers Marvel section has so much drama lol :lol
I cant recall of anyone being rude or causing trouble in the alien or horror parts (except when celticP was here) seems like theres a problem at marvel every day almost.

the star wars section feels like it is a secluded gated club, theres not as much drama but it always felt like outsiders not welcomed. no one was mean or anything but it felt like you needed to be one of the guys.

For me the best sections are the horror and the alien sections. I have never really ever seen a big fight or any problems. Alien section is always nice, it is kinda funny how the sections dealing with the darkest subjects like Horror and Aliens and robots and violence are so calm, while the kid friendly Disney avengers Marvel section has so much drama lol :lol
I cant recall of anyone being rude or causing trouble in the alien or horror parts (except when celticP was here) seems like theres a problem at marvel every day almost.

If it were horror movie discussion, as opposed to horror collectibles discussion, it WOULD very likely be the definition of modern internet drama... If not, then the folks here deserve awards.

I learned to avoid the marvel section a long time ago... even for someone as jokey and goofy as me it was too depressing and uptight. It takes A lot to bother me (im always in a good mood) and the marvel section will take the fun out of everything. it felt like a chore whenever i try to read something over there.

the star wars section feels like it is a secluded gated club, theres not as much drama but it always felt like outsiders not welcomed. no one was mean or anything but it felt like you needed to be one of the guys.

This is a guys club........no women allow on this thread....

You gals always wanna take our stuff and feminize it.....can we not just have a thread without a woman's input?

God Crows.........take your militant feminism elsewhere.......
;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a guys club........no women allow on this thread....

You gals always wanna take our stuff and feminize it.....can we not just have a thread without a woman's input?

God Crows.........take your militant feminism elsewhere.......
;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kp5i71J.jpg

Marvel section? I think you mean the XM forum.....

Last edited:
Budget Stark disses SSF in first minute...

Well, it looks like BudgetStark's video omitted half the truth. There was a time where all he does here was creating new threads with his name slapped on it. There would be new threads such as "Budget Stark: First Look Iron Man Figure" despite already having clear thread designated to said figure. He was less about participating in discussions and more about plugging his own Youtube channel.

Now don't get me wrong- I'm pretty sure the mods might have said that there's nothing wrong with that, but eventually a lot of members started to get irritated since he was clogging the forums- it comes off as cheap advertising and when confronted, his reasoning was something along the lines that he creates new threads because the dedicated threads moves so fast that his content gets buried. Again, not verbatim, since I don't recall much.

I believe that if you have good intentions, post your content on the relevant thread and it will get the attention it deserves. A good link will always get brought forward to the next page even months after it has sunk to 78 prior pages. I also believe a good Youtuber will always enable the "Like/Dislike" feature so that people can gauge the content without having to watch the video, something that BudgetStark has disabled.

Budget Stark created a name for himself here, now ****s on us. Way to go, Budget Stark. Plus 3 of his 5 choices continue to pay lip service to HT.

One thing most 'business' people learn: never crap on anyone, you never know when the pendulum will swing back.

Back