Sideshow Forrum getting bad rep.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he was incredibly generous in offering up casts of his sculpts for very reasonable prices. And he was a affable, likable guy here. But an idiot recast some of his work, and in the process ruined Grove's involvement on the boards, and generosity in doing fun sculpts on the cheap for everyone moving forward.
Awww, man... :monkey2

This forum has become consumed by too many people who simply want to generate LOLz by GIF spamming and ripping everything apart. It's as simple as that.

giphy.gif

In a sense, I think that is also representative of the internet as a whole. There is a norm of internet behavior that has developed over the last decade or so, where trolling, cyberbullying and the like have taken on a life of their own. Our current president is a reflection on this in some ways, as his Twitter posts, and speeches really, reflect a lot of the current norm of how others get treated on the internet. And he had a huge following of internet trolls for this reason, using the Pepe the Frog meme, etc. Someone behaving the way he does on the political scene would seem like an alien from another planet 30 years ago.

Here here......well said Karamazov.

Its slowly seeping into the real world also. The way I see people talking to those in the service fields today is disgusting......like they are their person slaves, below humanity somehow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes. There is free reign for folks to promote themselves, really to their heart's content, whether they have their own webpage, Youtube video, company, etc. Because it is important that collectors have information about what is going on. But the key is to do it the right way. If you create a new thread for every new video you start up, that's going to rub some members the wrong way. And if you are perceived to be spamming threads with this stuff, you may rub some members the wrong way. But if you get push-back or criticism, you should follow mod instruction, but just roll with it if people are being critical within those parameters. When folks can do that, everything seems fine from where I sit. But getting defensive and combative with members in those situations just leads to more conflict, to members more prone to report posts and contact mods, etc.

I'm just grateful (and hopeful) that something like this will never happen again. All 195 versions of it. Yes, 195..

34028739333_294ce91768_h.jpg

This forum has become consumed by too many people who simply want to generate LOLz by GIF spamming and ripping everything apart. It's as simple as that.
I came here from a Russian toy forum which I liked. Over the years it became more aggressive in terms of forcin' everyone in line which only made most members less interested in talkin' about their passion and hostile. Newcomers are incredibly rare and most of them aren't that enthusiastic. Admins are mostly silent and inactive. It's pretty much dyin' at the moment.

So in comparison SSF is alive and well.

lol I called that dude out right at the beginning. All he wanted was YouTube views, he was using this as advertising.

Honestly the board started to go downhill years ago when there was a huge influx from Spawn boards in order to get into the Comic Con party after they heard about high $ prizes.

To each his own, I guess. Personally I would rather have people here who are trying to provide information, insight, reviews etc (regardless of their "ulterior motives")-basically people who are promoting the industry we have all come to enjoy, than others whose only source of participation are useless clips, gifs, emoticons and snarky quips every other post. The latter of which has to be at least 75% of the people here.

I know I'm not the only the one who thinks this, hence the reputation this site has. And it's not just Budget Stark, let's not attack the low hanging fruit here, why don't we address why Sideshow (the very company this forum was named after no less) reps don't post here anymore, or any artists such as Andy B.

I think the this board is mostly a community of 'internet friends' which is far better than groups created for self promotion content and ad revenue for stuff already known and exposed to the rest of the community. There are several here that I respect the opinions of on various things. And of course some I can't stand. Eh. I'll read just about whatever anyone posts on something I'm interested in. Plus this board isn't just 1/6. It's statues, video games, movies, music and a silly junk section for fun and venting.

Grove certainly was not the jerk. Apart from being one of the most amazing sculptors on earth, he was incredibly generous in offering up casts of his sculpts for very reasonable prices. And he was a affable, likable guy here. But an idiot recast some of his work, and in the process ruined Grove's involvement on the boards, and generosity in doing fun sculpts on the cheap for everyone moving forward.

Trev sold his casts for $25 SHIPPED. Now you get gouged $80, plus shipping and plus 'paypal fees' for stuff not even close to Trev's talent.

In a world of limited meaningful participation , where everyone has an opinion and thinks the world is waiting to hear it, forums and the like are all ripe with negativity.

This board has a few members who crap on everything. I have ignored them for the most part.

The problem is that those few members are relentless...the continue to poison certain threads with negativity effectively shutting down the actual discussion of people who want to talk about something.

The true shame is the more weak willed will join in rather that be the only person being positive because it leave them open to ridicule....

Of course this post is just another opinion.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unlike Sideshow Freaks, Facebook is full of trolls who are constantly looking for ways to "one-up" everyone - Just as an example, I once wrote an article about why I thought a classic film should have had a different title and posted a link to it in a Facebook group. Then this one guy commented on it; assuming that I didn't understand why another film in the series was different. I told him that if he just opened his eyes, he'd see that I was talking about a completely different film... :lol

While I know that there are people here (myself as an example) who frequently spam the movies section with gif wars, most of it is all in good fun. And the folks here could NEVER hold a candle to some of the dummkopfs on FB. :rotfl

Lol yea I agree this place can be a complete nightmare. We had a bunch of bullies back in the day. The movie threads are complete nightmares sometimes.

Back