Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dangit, Rory. I was more than satisfied with my modded ANH Vader until now.

Beautiful pics, dude!
Sorry. :lol But you should really get him if you can, the only real negative are all these damned QC issues folk seem to be having. Otherwise it's a show stopper.

I think anyone with even the tiniest scratches on the head should return them to SS. This release is all about the perfect glossy helmet.

What are your plans for this one, Rory?

Not a lot to be honest, which is a good thing. Right now the only thing I'm going to do is lower the helmet. Down the road I might look at the height, I reckon he is 13.5" which to me doesn't look too bad, mind you I haven't displayed him with the other figures yet.

Last edited:
Got him today FINALLY :yess:

Very pleased that his left tusk was still connected but it had punctured through the packing plastic :horror Strong tusk I guess. So no problems for me which I am grateful for. Thank you sideshow!

Cheers, thanks for letting me know. Here are a few pics of the scratches on my dome. I think this is worth asking for a replacement right? It's the marks on the centre column of the dome on the forehead part.

Yeah that's bad, doesn't look as bad as mine, but it's still nowhere near what a 250 + dollar piece should look like, if I was buying this at walmart! I'd look for a better one. If they don't send a new head, I won't be a happy camper.

Everything present and correct.

Nothing broken. Nothing missing. No scuffs, no dents, no jagged cap, no crooked Anakin, lights work and the box is perfect.

This thing's a beast! :vader

Yeah that's bad, doesn't look as bad as mine, but it's still nowhere near what a 250 + dollar piece should look like, if I was buying this at walmart! I'd look for a better one. If they don't send a new head, I won't be a happy camper.

Yeah, it's strange that the separate dome piece for the side stand is actually perfect, but the one on the figure isnt!! GGAAHH!!!! Hopefully SSC respond soon indicating they can send me a replacement!

:rock congrats Kuat! Nerves followed by sweet relief :lol

Thanks, Lejuan! :hi5:

The only issues are the ones we already knew about: skinny arms and baggy pants.

I thought I might cure the baggy pants by taking the boots off, but the boot legs are so tight they push the pants back up again!

Not bothering me much, though, as this figure is just so simply stunning.

Love all the minute detail, such as the inside of the reveal sculpt neck piece, or even inside the reveal mask.

kangaroo-b_alls.gif~original

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

In the words of LL Cool J - they're jingling baby. :lol

There may be at least a few people on the forum who don't know how to use a ruler. ;)

Now I'm starting to wonder if some of the shipped figures weren't different heights. Some people measuring (and photographing, see Rebel Scum) a 14" figure and others 13.5" - odd to say the least.

There may be at least a few people on the forum who don't know how to use a ruler. ;)

Now I'm starting to wonder if some of the shipped figures weren't different heights. Some people measuring (and photographing, see Rebel Scum) a 14" figure and others 13.5" - odd to say the least.
Mine stands 13.5" from ground to the peak of the dome, mAybe they need to check the feet are on all the way and the head is on properly?

Cheers, thanks for letting me know. Here are a few pics of the scratches on my dome. I think this is worth asking for a replacement right? It's the marks on the centre column of the dome on the forehead part.

Looking at your pics I would definately ask for a replacement. The scratches on yours are not acceptabel. Mine was missing both tusks. The replacement that I got was flawless.

Back