Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just noticed that the nose on my Vader mask has some weird line down the middle like a skeleton nose.

Now I'm starting to wonder if some of the shipped figures weren't different heights. Some people measuring (and photographing, see Rebel Scum) a 14" figure and others 13.5" - odd to say the least.

I measured him a couple of times while he was on the stand, and he came to 14".

Then I laid him down with his feet at the edge of a table and marked the point where he dome came to on the table. He was 13.5" exactly.

Might be that on the stand he isn't exactly standing with his feet level all the time due to the springiness of the wire, coupled with the difficulty of assessing the top of the helmet while holding the rular. Still doesn't explain those Rebel Scum pictures.

A few crappy pictures - I still have no place to take decent photos.

He's so tall on his stand he's currently consigned to the Predator/future Hulk shelf:

Standing with some temporary friends he doesn't look too gigantic to me.

Standing straight the top of HT Luke's head comes up to the bottom of the mask.

I'm sorry to hear so many of you have these issues. I've actually never had any issues with SS pieces, and most of my collection is SS.
In this case, I pre-ordered the EX in May 2013, I was charge on Jan.7, shipped on the 15th or so, and I received it on Monday (the 20th). I live in Toronto, so I had assumed that was the reason for the delay in shipping.

Anyway, I didn't have time to open it until last night, and I guess I must be one of the lucky ones.

Impressive..... most impressive.

No scratches on the dome, no paint issues, no fraying on the cape, both tusks intact and solid. Even the Anakin sculpt is perfect. I have to say, that I really love what SS is doing these days (although I'm still on the fence about Destro). I don't have the skill, tools, or in some cases, imagination to customize my figures, or create customized figures, so I totally respect what some of you can do. But for someone like me, these figures are FANTASTIC. I couldn't be happier.

Here are some crappy pics from my terrible LG phone:

DVFullBody.jpg
DVMid.jpg

Now I'm not sure what's more troubling, the QC issues or that I keep seeing Vader holding his saber in his left hand… :panic:

I found a new QC issue I don't recall seeing anyone posting about. The middle light on the my Vader's chest box has a blank spot that doesn't light up. :(

I'm sorry to hear so many of you have these issues. I've actually never had any issues with SS pieces, and most of my collection is SS.
In this case, I pre-ordered the EX in May 2013, I was charge on Jan.7, shipped on the 15th or so, and I received it on Monday (the 20th). I live in Toronto, so I had assumed that was the reason for the delay in shipping.

Anyway, I didn't have time to open it until last night, and I guess I must be one of the lucky ones.

Impressive..... most impressive.

No scratches on the dome, no paint issues, no fraying on the cape, both tusks intact and solid. Even the Anakin sculpt is perfect. I have to say, that I really love what SS is doing these days (although I'm still on the fence about Destro). I don't have the skill, tools, or in some cases, imagination to customize my figures, or create customized figures, so I totally respect what some of you can do. But for someone like me, these figures are FANTASTIC. I couldn't be happier.

Here are some crappy pics from my terrible LG phone:

View attachment 89987
View attachment 89988

Great shots. How much did this figure set you back living in Canada? Im from the Canada too (West Coast).

Also, I'm not sure about the West Coast, but for the 1/6 figures, it ships through Fed-Ex, and I've never had to pay any duty. Just the shipping charges which are usually $25.

Back