Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vader has gone to pre-order and no payment plan options are provided on Sideshow's listing - can anyone tell me if payment plans requested through the site's 'order actions' are automatically accepted for pre-order products so long as the the checkout process has been completed for that item?

Kathy told me yesterday that they'll be getting more Vaders in the warehouse in the next 3-5 business days. I just ordered mine yesterday, but when I did there was the payment plan option.

Sure :)

I just took a look and the payment plan is still gone. Wonder why, yesterday it allowed up to three flex pays :huh

I opted for one payment.

Just opened up Vader, wow! I can see the improvements over SS's last go at the big fella. His cape is good, tusks intact, I even like the height of the dome out of the box - but his nuts are totally unprotected! Cod piece is missing. :lol

No real big deal, I'll just have to close up his inner robe until SS get me a spare. Otherwise VERY impressed.

a perfectly intact vader is out of the question it seems, looking forward to my defect

Yeah, SS is dropping the ball big time on the QC for one of SW biggest characters. (no cod piece for crying out loud?) Hope all you guys with problems are taken care of swiftly.

Call em like i see em.

You mad bro?

images

Yeah, I'm so mad. See how I'm crying about miniscule QC problems on an otherwise amazing figure?

Leave the baby snot to Nam. Imitation only flatters.

a perfectly intact vader is out of the question it seems, looking forward to my defect

Hardly, plenty of people have received one with no problems.

The cape on mine is lovely, no ragged edges, both tusks are there and straight as a die, the lights blink on and off, everything is tops. Just a missing part.

I wouldn't get too carried away.

Probably shouldn't have mentioned it. I thought it was funny, actually.

family-guy-blue-harvest-20080123115225586-000.jpg

So, did Sideshow run out of stock? Having to break down too many figures to supply missing or broken parts to customers?

My Order History page said "Item (s) Shipping Soon" yesterday when they were supposed to take my final flex.

Today it's going back to "Processing", with the Order Summary still reading "Item Shipping Soon", and the unpaid last flex still scheduled for yesterday.

By the time he arrives they'll have probably run out spare parts! :lol

Hey, you must've missed it when I responded to your question earlier. There should be no fraying at all. Both my tunic and cape have a smooth and even cut all the way around. It is not normal, and you should contact SS asap.

Thanks, I must have missed your first response. Here are pictures of my cape, definitely going back!

2014-01-15220516.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2014-01-15220456.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

NO sightings of my Vader yet! Still 'item shipping soon'! And with all these QC issues lurking, all i wish for when i get my Vader that i would be spared from all these inconveniences!

Strange! Sideshow ran out of stock?! But didn't know that's probable enough. If so, that defeats the whole concept of preordering, right? Not unless, there's some politics going on here like after reading someone mentioned he ordered last October then he already got his while I got mine in like the day it was up for preorder on SSC. LoLz!

I had some time to open and set up my Vader last night. Luckily, I have no QC issues with the tusks or cape. This figure is completely stunning. I think it's easily Sideshow's best work in this scale. My only complaint is that I can't decide how I want to display it! So many awesome options .....

I sent an email about my Flex Pay for Vader not being charged and just got an email back saying Vader has been dispatched via Fed Ex today and I should have it by Thurs next week in Ireland.

They will probably charge my card in the next 24hrs.

Has anyone tried a height mod yet? I tried last night to port everything over to a TTM-20 but it just didn't look right. The legs seem too short because of the huge shin guards and the suit is too long so if have to cut it. I'm not doing that. Yet. The build seems right as fat as the chest and arms go and the suit fits on the body but it's too short in the torso and bunches up really bad. Plus all the gear like the belt and chest box fits a bit too wonky and needs to be futzed a whole lot more than when on the standard. The shoulders and chest fit nicely but you would need to modify either the neck on the body or the helmet itself to get it to fit. I think I'll just keep it on this body until someone figures out something else.

Back