Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow the tattered capes are horrible. I feel bad for you guys who got some really bad QC issues. I hope the rest of you who get him in won't have a issue at all. Sideshow Customer Service should fix the problem easily.

Just got off the phone with them. The customer service rep that I talked to said they have received their stock and the shipping department is working on getting all of them out today. Let's keep our fingers crossed that they actually get them out.

Just got off the phone with them. The customer service rep that I talked to said they have received their stock and the shipping department is working on getting all of them out today. Let's keep our fingers crossed that they actually get them out.

I ordered yesterday, hopefully they charge me today.

I called yesterday about my missing tusk. Told them if they can just send me the tusk I'd be happy to glue it on. But they want to send an entire new head and have me destroy the old one. Panic!!!

I would use the head that has to be destroyed as a practice run at King's mod, myself. Wouldn't mind if I get a broken tusk, in that respect.

I noticed mine has some scrapes on the helmet. Like, dented in scrapes. I wouldn't be bothered if it wasn't front and center on the crest of the dome. I'm not sure if it's worth having to go through the replacement process? Will they make me scrap my whole Vader? This is the first time I've had a quality issue with SSC.

Not seeing SS having a good time QC wise on these?
There seems to be more in hand issues then normal, but at least SS will hopefully deal with them properly unlike HT/EB.

got my replacement head and chest and belt in, thankfully new belt lights up. now got to figure how to get it on. Also can someone help me with the steps to remove the head. I never removed one before and im worried about breaking something. any help be appreciated.

got my replacement head and chest and belt in, thankfully new belt lights up. now got to figure how to get it on. Also can someone help me with the steps to remove the head. I never removed one before and im worried about breaking something. any help be appreciated.

The only part of the belt that lights up are the green lights correct?

I called yesterday to see if I could have my last flex payment (scheduled for the 25th) moved up so I could get this bad boy. I was told that wasn't possible. Hopefully that means I get one from a newer shipment with fewer issues. Either way, SSC is great with making things right, so I'm not worried.

I noticed mine has some scrapes on the helmet. Like, dented in scrapes. I wouldn't be bothered if it wasn't front and center on the crest of the dome. I'm not sure if it's worth having to go through the replacement process? Will they make me scrap my whole Vader? This is the first time I've had a quality issue with SSC.
Like Jedijim, they'll just ask you to destroy the defective head and send you a new one. If you liked King's mod and were thinking about doing it, I'd take advantage and do a trial-run before smashing it for SSC.

i asked SS about ordering this today and was informed that shipments wouldn't be sent until the end of the month...

Not seeing SS having a good time QC wise on these?
There seems to be more in hand issues then normal, but at least SS will hopefully deal with them properly unlike HT/EB.

As SS should as this is a expensive piece. Each and every customer should be 100% satisfied!

Just so some of us are aware, Sideshow announced on facebook that they are closing their offices early today (at 2:15 PST) to attend a memorial service. So I wouldn't expect any shipping news today.

Back