Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone tried a height mod yet? I tried last night to port everything over to a TTM-20 but it just didn't look right. The legs seem too short because of the huge shin guards and the suit is too long so if have to cut it. I'm not doing that. Yet. The build seems right as fat as the chest and arms go and the suit fits on the body but it's too short in the torso and bunches up really bad. Plus all the gear like the belt and chest box fits a bit too wonky and needs to be futzed a whole lot more than when on the standard. The shoulders and chest fit nicely but you would need to modify either the neck on the body or the helmet itself to get it to fit. I think I'll just keep it on this body until someone figures out something else.

It would seem from reviews and pictures that this new one is much more tailored to the body it was designed for. I think in the recent in-hand shots he looks amazing. The trade-off is the height factor. On balance I would rather have him looking the best he possibly can, rather than the most desirable height he could be.

At least he isn't quite as tall as before.

Maybe if it's a problem I'll fudge the height difference the way they did it in the films to create the illusion. Have HT Luke on his tall stand, and Vader on a regular one!

It would seem from reviews and pictures that this new one is much more tailored to the body it was designed for. I think in the recent in-hand shots he looks amazing. The trade-off is the height factor. On balance I would rather have him looking the best he possibly can, rather than the most desirable height he could be.

At least he isn't quite as tall as before.

Maybe if it's a problem I'll fudge the height difference the way they did it in the films to create the illusion. Have HT Luke on his tall stand, and Vader on a regular one!

Yup. It's a trade off for sure but it does look so much better out of the box.

Here's my Review posted once more. Was trying to fix the lighting on the video but couldn't get it to be done right. May be my last review for a while but hope you like it Enjoy!

Thanks, I must have missed your first response. Here are pictures of my cape, definitely going back!

2014-01-15220516.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2014-01-15220456.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

what if all SS is doing to replace the edges of the cape is simply cut it a tad shorter? Would make sense, try to measure the cape before it goes back.

That's what I would do insttead of bothering to send it back and all that. Same goes for the tusk. If its a clean break and I can find the piece I'm gluing it.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

While I'm hoping mine arrives pristine so that I don't have to go through any kind of returns process, Sideshow at least seems to be well prepared for replacing anything defective. A broken tusk or frayed cape is not going to bug me for the couple of weeks it takes to get a replacement. As a last resort, definitely OK with a sharp scissor trim of the cape, but if they are laser cut so that the edge is sealed and less likely to fray over time, that's preferable. Don't think replacements will become an issue for a couple months, yet.

Back