Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They will either send you a shipping label for return or ask for photo's to prove total destruction of the piece being replaced. They will ship the replacement straight away, but if they don't receive the defective part back or the photo's proving destruction, they will bill you for the replacement at about 75% of the cost of a full figure.

Thanks for the info.

I don't want to get yelled at for stirring the height pot again. I'm not going to discuss whether the height is accurate to film or not, but would like to ask what other people has measured him to be out of the box? I thought I read at some point that SS had admitted he was too tall and would correct it. Their own product spec says 13.75". I measure him to be 14.25" to highest point of dome standing as straight as he can, which, IIRC, is exactly what my ANH Vader was before I torso modded him to get him 3/8" shorter. But I've seen some pics earlier in this thread comparing ANH to ROTJ with ROTJ being a little shorter than what I understood to be a non-modded ANH Vader. Is there some way there can be that much variation in these bodies?

For those doing this mask dremeling mod, does this just impact how the dome sits forward/back, or is it giving you a bit of a height reduction as well? I think I may give that a shot once I receive my replacement mask. Perhaps I can do a trial run on my defective mask as Phase I of "total destruction."

Looking forward to some body swap pics. If the new suit has more room in the torso, it seems like a smaller body could be padded up a bit to compensate. When I torso modded ANH, I used some bubble wrap to bulk up the trooper midsection and think it turned out great.

From my unboxing / inspecting effort last night. I hope to take some better pics in the next couple weeks if I can find some spare time and set up the light tent.

P1210093.jpg

Okay so I ordered a non exclusive version and so obviously they would be from a differnt batch. You guys think these would have the same QC issues as the exclusives have been having? Like the broken tusks and cape.

Okay so I ordered a non exclusive version and so obviously they would be from a differnt batch. You guys think these would have the same QC issues as the exclusives have been having? Like the broken tusks and cape.

why would you order none exclusive? are they sold out?

IMG_2111.JPG.jpg
Not sure if posted but I just took some quick Iphone shots.. All Vaders are on standard stands and the same distance from the wall. Deluxe on left. ANH in middle with ab mod and helmet mod with Iforigno cape, Hurricane on left with Iforigno cape and yes, mu deluxe is sans a tusk as well. I then have Deluxe and ANH back to back with ANH on right and then Deluxe and Hurricane back to back with Deluxe on left

Attachments

• IMG_2113.JPG.jpg
    IMG_2113.JPG.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_2114.JPG.jpg
    IMG_2114.JPG.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 489
She told me they are expecting their shipment to come in the warehouse today from the docks where they were held in customs for inspections. So she may have meant they were on the truck on their way to the warehouse.

I got a shipping/tracking email from Sideshow today, finally on its way.

Fingers crossed for no issues, seems to be a few tusk and cape problems.

So obviously I dont post pics too often and cannot figure out how to get them righside up. Like I have then on my computer. Hopefully you all have tablets. May I suggest flipping them upside down to view pics
Hey, I tried

View attachment 88480
Not sure if posted but I just took some quick Iphone shots.. All Vaders are on standard stands and the same distance from the wall. Deluxe on left. ANH in middle with ab mod and helmet mod with Iforigno cape, Hurricane on left with Iforigno cape and yes, mu deluxe is sans a tusk as well. I then have Deluxe and ANH back to back with ANH on right and then Deluxe and Hurricane back to back with Deluxe on left

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Patiently waiting for Vader Thank's to the those blasted rebel scum custom's agents holding up lord vaders shuttle. Anyway next week he should finaly arrive...:impatient::lsvader

View attachment 88480

Thank you for the pics! Have you tried putting the hurricane dome on the SS V2's mask? Since hurricane uses a modified hasbro come, it would give us the idea on whether that helmet will fit.

Back