Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all,

Just a little request - I know there are definitely a few dotted throughout the thread already, but if people could either link to or post shots of their Vaders next to their Sideshow ESB Boba Fetts (both on and off stands) then I'd be very grateful! Was thinking about picking up a Vader a little while ago, but was put off by potential scale issues as Boba is my only other Star Wars figure, so it'd make sense to put them together.

I know Boba is supposed to be on the shorter side and Vader on the taller, but there's no point putting them next to each other if it's going to look like a giant and a dwarf! :wink1:

Well, if you are expecting screen accurate height, then you will be disappointed as many of us are. Vader is way too tall. Everyone's either sucking it up and trying to ignore the issue, displaying Vader by himself or modding him to make him shorter. :(

:vader

Well, if you are expecting screen accurate height, then you will be disappointed as many of us are. Vader is way too tall. Everyone's either sucking it up and trying to ignore the issue, displaying Vader by himself or modding him to make him shorter. :(

:vader

Oh yeah, I picked up on the fact that he'd probably look a full "foot" taller (referring to miniature land of course) instead of just half that, but I was just wondering how out of scale they looked together overall. Like do the bodies look proportionally ridiculous, like figures from two different lines? Just wondering if it was something that could be remedied by using perspective and shifting Boba a bit in front etc, or whether it really would be too noticeable to be worth while. Sadly I can't really display figures by themselves as I don't have a proper detolf or anything, just a couple of high bookshelves where I keep everyone in rows.

Putting Boba on his stand and Vader directly on the shelf should solve the height issue. Or Vader on his own stand and Boba on his stand plus something else under the stand to lift it up. Or Boba on Vader's back having piggyback ride. That would definitely mask the issue. ;)

I wonder if JJ's new film might have flash backs and include Vader, and if so, would he be portrayed in accurate proportions?

I wonder if JJ's new film might have flash backs and include Vader, and if so, would he be portrayed in accurate proportions?
Vader-Noooo.jpg

I finally got mine in yesterday! I really like it and there were no QC issues so I'm very happy about that. When I opened him up I found myself enjoying that new figure smell maybe more than with any other figure I remember in a while:)

Mine should be shipped soon. What should i look for. Tusks, cape, crooked anakin head. More?

Are the robe and tunic just as good as the lforigno ones?

Best,

Robert

They are a great improvment over the original Sideshow ANH version. Yet, lforigno's work still has my preference.

Well, beside the fact i had to ask for a replacement cape as it was misscut at the bottom, there has benn multiple reports of fraying on both the cape and robe.

My own personnal gripe on ESB/ROTJ cape is that it's not one piece but 4 pieces sewed together.

My own personnal gripe on ESB/ROTJ cape is that it's not one piece but 4 pieces sewed together.

But this design is what lets it flow so well. I have no idea how the cape was constructed for the movies, but I'd have a hard time believing anyone could have made it from a single piece of fabric. First fabric bolts tend to be somewhat narrow, second you'd have an odd stretch on the bias (the diagonal) compared to the grain (horizontal and vertical).

Mine should be shipped soon. What should i look for. Tusks, cape, crooked anakin head. More?

Are the robe and tunic just as good as the lforigno ones?

Best,

Robert

I think the cape and tunic are the best mass produced ones made. Some have had frays but overall I think they were very much well received. Iforignos are great, but these are better imo. Oh, and the cape isn't in 4 parts put together. Its one piece with 4 seams, and the tunic has pleats. So in those respects they're also more sophisticated than lforignos.

I'm not knocking his stuff, I love his set. I have them for my ANH.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Back