Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my Vader today. Is the helmet meant to be detached from the mask on the figure, or did this come loose during shipping?

It's not meant to be removed - it ships glued to the mask. Just in case: I'm talking about the head that's pre-mounted to the figure, not the mask/helmet combo that ships elsewhere in the box for use on the mini display stand.

It's not meant to be removed - it ships glued to the mask. Just in case: I'm talking about the head that's pre-mounted to the figure, not the mask/helmet combo that ships elsewhere in the box for use on the mini display stand.

Correct, the head on the figure, not the mini display. So a dab of glue to secure this I'm guessing?

Yes, a dab should be enough.

You may want to skim back through various posts however to see the helmet mods people have done. Since it's already unglued you may be interested in repositioning and shortening the top of the mask (under the helmet) for a better overall fit (slight lowering and tilt back).

But this design is what lets it flow so well. I have no idea how the cape was constructed for the movies, but I'd have a hard time believing anyone could have made it from a single piece of fabric. First fabric bolts tend to be somewhat narrow, second you'd have an odd stretch on the bias (the diagonal) compared to the grain (horizontal and vertical).

The ANH Vader cape was one piece , I swapped it out with the ESB/ROTJ Vader cape and it looks a million times better. I agree the fact that is segmented makes it fall so well.

Sorry if this been answered before. Im getting this guy next month, is anyone selling in this forum light up custom sabers?

Hey guys got my replacement head sculpt a few weeks ago. The head is not crooked (at least I can't tell that it is) however his right eye is painted so it looks like he's got a lazy eye. Not sure I want to email SS again on this. How hard is it to separate the head from the collar? I'm thinking about just doing that and resetting the first one that I have. The eyes are fine with that one.

Thanks!

It's just a quick cell phone pic Without any reference to it's actual size it looks real great detail!
uqyjysyr.jpg

Are there any light up sabers that don't have that little nub on the end? That completely kills it for me.

There's no way to avoid at least a little something on the end, as that's the nature of the hardware - these are miniature fluorescent lights and the electrodes are at each end. That said, take a look at the ones I'm making and see if the tips are more disguised:

Un-powered:

Powered:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-amp-lights)&p=6661690&viewfull=1#post6661690

They look better in person. My Vader is still in pieces, so I'm not able to take any shots of him holding the Saber yet. I'll try putting him together this week for some photos. I'm also optionally integrating power for his chest-box/belt and stand in with the saber supply. Very slick with everything lit up.

Those look pretty good Pixelpiper. I am looking forward to seeing the Vader after you get done with all the work your putting into him

Back