Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is thy bidding, my master

What is thy bidding, my master

G5-1210568_zps92e570df.jpg

Last edited:
I just got mine, and I have to say, I am very impressed. Of course, I feel lucky as mine had no issues. I did notice that the clear protective tray had a section cut out over the tusks, maybe that's what caused the breakage other people were having. Maybe there was a second batch??

I really like how soft the hands are, so you can get a wide range of motion out of the wrists. The cape drapes well.

This new Vader is noticeably shorter than my modded ANH Vader, I replaced the lower torso with the Stormtrooper torso, and this new Vader is still about 1/2 inch shorter.

I think the light up base is overkill, as the package was just way more huge than it needed to be but, I didn't criticize HT for going overkill with Bespin Luke, so I can't hold it against SSC here. The problem is now, I like this new version so much more than the ANH version, but I don't want to put ANH back in the box, sooooo. . . . I dunno what to do.

The sith lord finally is in the building!! :yess:
What can I say?, this vader rocks!!! :rock
Can't help to unboxing him without the vader soundtrack playing again and again in my head haha..

image.jpg

This new Vader is noticeably shorter than my modded ANH Vader, I replaced the lower torso with the Stormtrooper torso, and this new Vader is still about 1/2 inch shorter.

I wonder if they made a running change to the body? I did the torso swap on ANH and got him down to 13-7/8". My ROTJ is 14". I've had him completely disassembled. There isn't anywhere to take out height without cutting.

The new Vader is 100% confirmed to be between 13 7/8" and 14" tall. Anything lower and the only explanation is a faulty ruler. ;)

EDIT: If you happen to think you have a Vader that is shorter than 13 7/8" then please by all means show us by posting photos with careful positioning against a good ruler as I and others have demonstrated (my photoset and earlier posts show the complete series of measurement photos). The likelihood of SS shipping different parts is pretty slim, however, damaged parts may be a different story. But I can't find an obvious point of failure that could possibly account for a significant height difference while remaining elusive in-hand. In other words, a missing neck post, missing post and head inserts, missing feet, etc. would all be pretty obvious.

Last edited:
I wonder if they made a running change to the body? I did the torso swap on ANH and got him down to 13-7/8". My ROTJ is 14". I've had him completely disassembled. There isn't anywhere to take out height without cutting.

MY ANH is 14.25" (with the Stormtrooper lower torso), my ROTJ is 13.875".

My new Vader is 100% confirmed to be between 13 7/8" and 14" tall. Anything lower and the only explanation is a faulty ruler. ;)

Fixed that for you. There are a whole range of slightly different confirmed sizes floating around. The only rational explanation that I have myself is that SS used slightly different parts on some batches. Dunno? But I can guarantee you mine is less than 13 7/8, and many others have reported the same. I think to come up with "absolute" comments like that you need to have measured more than one of these figures, or be a Sith.
:dunno

Last edited:
Hi,

Can someone give me a link for these lighted sabers? I want to get one. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received mine today, no QC issues, looks good, will eventually mod for scale.

Next time though Sideshow, leave the batteries OUT. There is NO way the battery plate is coming off my helmet stand. Tighter than a crabs bum.

Edit: Needs a custom cape. Sideshow gave it a good try, but the edges keep "crinkling". Anyone selling one?

Last edited:
I received mine today, no QC issues, looks good, will eventually mod for scale.

Next time though Sideshow, leave the batteries OUT. There is NO way the battery plate is coming off my helmet stand. Tighter than a crabs bum.

Edit: Needs a custom cape. Sideshow gave it a good try, but the edges keep "crinkling". Anyone selling one?

My battery plate screw was ****ed as well. And to add to the misery, when I finally got it back on, the cheapscrew left a huge scrape across my desk...

Recieved mine today. I have to say I prefer lforigno's cape and tunic over this one. Thinking off getting a set for this. It has a small scratch on the face. Is this normal?

ezutura2.jpg

Best,

Robert

Last edited:
Hey guys got my replacement head sculpt a few weeks ago. The head is not crooked (at least I can't tell that it is) however his right eye is painted so it looks like he's got a lazy eye. Not sure I want to email SS again on this. How hard is it to separate the head from the collar? I'm thinking about just doing that and resetting the first one that I have. The eyes are fine with that one.

Thanks!

Anyone know how easy it is to separate the head from the collar?

The new Vader is 100% confirmed to be between 13 7/8" and 14" tall. Anything lower and the only explanation is a faulty ruler. ;)

EDIT: If you happen to think you have a Vader that is shorter than 13 7/8" then please by all means show us by posting photos with careful positioning against a good ruler as I and others have demonstrated (my photoset and earlier posts show the complete series of measurement photos). The likelihood of SS shipping different parts is pretty slim, however, damaged parts may be a different story. But I can't find an obvious point of failure that could possibly account for a significant height difference while remaining elusive in-hand. In other words, a missing neck post, missing post and head inserts, missing feet, etc. would all be pretty obvious.

exactly what mine measured out to.

So I got mine last night and Over I love the figure but his cape is cut terrible!!!! Does anyone else have this issue and if so what did you do? Contact SSC? For the price this guy cost it should look like my 3yr old cut it.

So I got mine last night and Over I love the figure but his cape is cut terrible!!!! Does anyone else have this issue and if so what did you do? Contact SSC? For the price this guy cost it should look like my 3yr old cut it.

Other people had this issue. Is the edge of your cape very jagged? If so contact SSC for a replacement, people have gotten theirs replaced with pristine capes.

Back