Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader ESB/ROTJ Removable Helmet/Full Reveal

I had the pleasure of working on this proto. It is amazing! You guys are going to love it. Best 1/6 Vader to date, I think.

*whistles* Cool, can't wait to see your work. Must've been a good feeling to be painting Vader, I'm assuming.

Are you allowed to say whether they used seperate headsculpts for a one-piece helmet and the reveal helmet? Anything you can reveal at all? :monkey3

Hmmmm.....do I need another Vader? :dunno

Depending what I do with my displays and what environments come out, I could see having two Vaders in two seperate displays. Especially in your case, where you'd have an ANH and an ESB/ROTJ version (I mean assuming you bought the new one), I could totally see that working.

Pretty sure I'll be picking-up two just because they won't be making another for a very long time and secondary market prices will be terrible once this sells out. I'm assuming this will have a really big run, though.

This is gonna be awesome! Boba Fett and the new Vader! Can't wait to recreate this iconic pic. I only hope that they will fix the hands this time. Giving them more articulation instead of the solid gloves :pray:
Darth+Vader+with+Boba+Fett.jpg

Yeah that was one of the things that bothered me when I watched the VHS versions...

Ofcourse you do! You can never have to many Vaders :vader
Just not sure how to display him. Already have the original Vader flanked by storm troopers...not sure what I'd display with him. Fett will be with the other bounty hunters...maybe with the snow troopers? Hmmmmm

Yeah, there's lots you could do, I think. Boba Fett, Snowtroopers, fighting Bespin or Jedi Luke (once it's inevitably released), Emperor, etc. Plus he'll have a lot that differentiates him from the ANH version. Hopefully even working belt and chest lights. :pray:

:yess::yess::yess: Awesome news, Nathan! Wow, you really got to work on some iconic SW pieces during your time with SS.

This Vader, Boba Fett, and Jason PF will always be my fave pieces for Sideshow. Those are some of my dearest childhood icons, and I got to paint them.

Thanks agains Sideshow and Anthony.

How's the height on this one compared to the old one? Do you know what the exclusive will be?

I only worked on hard parts and never saw it build up, so I don't know how the proportions look all together. But, the parts I worked on were perfect. Not sure what the Ex will be.

*whistles* Cool, can't wait to see your work. Must've been a good feeling to be painting Vader, I'm assuming.

Are you allowed to say whether they used seperate headsculpts for a one-piece helmet and the reveal helmet? Anything you can reveal at all? :monkey3

I won't reveal any details, but I will say that all your needs in a perfect Emp/Jedi Vader Helmet will be met.

This Vader, Boba Fett, and Jason PF will always be my fave pieces for Sideshow. Those are some of my dearest childhood icons, and I got to paint them.

Thanks agains Sideshow and Anthony.

I only worked on hard parts and never saw it build up, so I don't know how the proportions look all together. But, the parts I worked on were perfect. Not sure what the Ex will be.

I won't reveal any details, but I will say that all your needs in a perfect Emp/Jedi Vader Helmet will be met.

That's good to know -- for me if the gloved hands and helmet are sculpted well there's a lot more that's forgivable....
m excited about this...
may get 2...

Awesome, thanks, Silent! That's all I needed to know.

Had no idea you also worked on Boba, too. That prototype is incredible.

I am too lazy to sell any figures that get updated - taking pics, posting an ad, dealing with douchebags. And I couldn't put up with that period of having an empty spot on the shelf while I'm waiting for its replacement. Looks like a Vader for home and a Vader for the office then :yess:

That's good to know -- for me if the gloved hands and helmet are sculpted well there's a lot more that's forgivable....
m excited about this...
may get 2...

Gloved hands are excellent on this one and as plentifull as other recent releases.

Awesome, thanks, Silent! That's all I needed to know.

Had no idea you also worked on Boba, too. That prototype is incredible.

And 1/6 Grievous proto. Thanks!

will order one myself, hoping it is reasonably priced and not something wacky, but not holding my breath im sure be mid 200's

I was more in the "one and done" camp with Vader, but once this comes out he'll be my main Vader and I'll steal the choking Antilles pose for my ANH version.

I just think there's so many characters that I'd love to display Vader with. Ben, Luke, the Emperor, Stormies, etc. Having two makes sense. :lecture

Just not sure how to display him. Already have the original Vader flanked by storm troopers...not sure what I'd display with him. Fett will be with the other bounty hunters...maybe with the snow troopers? Hmmmmm

BD HT Luke? :dunno.... Old Ben with your ANH version and this with your Stormies? The Emperor? :dunno

Soooo excited, this is a figure I've wanted since they started the line.

Vader v. Luke

Vader v. Ben

Vader at the Emperor's side

Vader with Fett at his side

Vader at Tarkin's side

Vader flanked by stormtroopers

Vader flanked by snowtroopers

Vader flanked by Iron Man and Nicholson Joker

Vader v. Keaton Batman

Should I go on....

Vader v. Luke

Vader v. Ben

Vader at the Emperor's side

Vader with Fett at his side

Vader at Tarkin's side

Vader flanked by stormtroopers

Vader flanked by snowtroopers

Vader flanked by Iron Man and Nicholson Joker

Vader v. Keaton Batman

Should I go on....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!:lol

BD HT Luke? :dunno.... Old Ben with your ANH version and this with your Stormies? The Emperor? :dunno

My bd Luke will hang from the antenna from the ceiling...while the clean one goes in yodas hut. I know I'll wind up ordering him...I'm such a sw and Lotr whore. :cuckoo::gah:

This seems to continue the trend of Sideshow having their coolest stuff at SDCC's of even numbered years.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :thud:

I cannot wait. This is a dream come true.

Back