Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader ESB/ROTJ Removable Helmet/Full Reveal

I have an ANH Hurricane Vader, and right now I'm having an internal struggle over its fate.

Looking good. Wondering if the DSII backdrop is part of a futur environment release. It would be perfect to display with palpatine's throne.

:horse

Haven't you learnt anything from yesterday's pictures of the Bat-pod?

Spoiler Spoiler:

I have the Sidehsow ANH version and a Hurc ESB Vader, so now I'll have the SS ROTJ version. Way more Vaders than I ever thought I'd have in 1/6 but what the hell.... It's Vader.

I always felt I needed two. This looks like the perfect compliment to the first... I'm really just hoping that SS eliminate the need for customization with this v.2 though. Like we've already said: Height, cape, dome. SS fixes those ills and we'll have a perfect figure.

I have an ANH Hurricane Vader, and right now I'm having an internal struggle over its fate.

Keep it. It's a record of the 1/6th era from one of its masters. Plus a different look for Vader.

Anyway, at least wait for photos of this one before you decide. You might want Hurc's cape or something.

It should be a while before you can take that decision. Anyway, that is a piece of art in itself.

The two-year waitlist says it all. :lol

I hope they will upgrade the body (a shorter one) and the cape.

YES! That is my hope as well. Even with the torso mod on the ANH version, he's still a 1/2" too tall.

They confirmed long ago in an interview (I think with Cool Toys?) that they had corrected the height, so that shouldn't be an issue.

As for the cape, I can't believe they'd use the same one. The cape changed pretty significantly from ANH to ESB. Can't see them cheaping out on that.

Also very much hoping that they will release the Death Star window as an environment piece. Don't know why they don't release easy pieces like that when they could make a killing on them.

As for the cape, I can't believe they'd use the same one. The cape changed pretty significantly from ANH to ESB. Can't see them cheaping out on that.

They cheaped out on the first one so why not again? Lando's too. Takes a lot of material to make those capes so I guess its an easy cost-cutter. Just hope they fix that... if they did solve the height issue then I'm very stoked for this.

This is some awesome news today...This is going to be EPIC!

:horse

Haven't you learnt anything from yesterday's pictures of the Bat-pod?

Spoiler Spoiler:

That background does not look like a screengrab from ROTJ, though. Never know, it could be an environment. Would be easy to make, should be fairly inexpensive and would go great with Vader and Emperor. Certainly would be easier to produce than the stuff they've made, so far.

They cheaped out on the first one so why not again? Lando's too. Takes a lot of material to make those capes so I guess its an easy cost-cutter. Just hope they fix that... if they did solve the height issue then I'm very stoked for this.

Those were in the days of $60.00 - $100.00 figures, though, Wor-Gar. Before Hot Toys... before the dark times... *shakes head* Anyway, I'm pretty confident that they've redone the cape.

Those were in the days of $60.00 - $100.00 figures, though, Wor-Gar. Before Hot Toys... before the dark times... *shakes head* Anyway, I'm pretty confident that they've redone the cape.

You've clearly been keeping track of this better than I so I'm holding you personally responsible if they don't fix the cape.

:)

May my head reside on a pike if they've not fixed it!

:lol

Pressure's on. Looks again at that cape hanging off Vader's shoulder. This could be a nail-biter.

Back