Premium Format Sideshow Black Widow Premium format (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THIS IS SO SICK

26173956_1975555769331779_5077506384051230710_o.jpg

there's like movement to the piece when it's standing still

I repect and understand that you may like a different take on the Trinity and other JL members. However, there are plenty of us that love the classic PFs. For me personally, the OG Supes PF is the very best Supes ever made. Nothing comes close to it in my book including this new Rebirth PF. I haven't seen nearly enough of the new Bats PF to given an opinion on it. Still love my classic Bats PF though. I may pick up the new Bats PF but will definitely be keeping my OG PF too. The new WW PF looks great but I love the 1st PF as well. The OG WW puts the warrior in the Amazon princess in a way the new PF does not for me. That said, both WW PFs look really good to me.

There are a lot of us collectors that love the classic takes on the JL members. Many of us have spent thousands on the classic JL PFs sideshow has released. I think it would be utter B.S. if they didn't release classic versions of the Flash and Martian Manhunter to complete the original Big 7 lineup. After the classic Big 7 are released, I don't care what version of the Justice League sideshow wants to make because I'll have the lineup I want in my collection.

I definitely respect that. I know a lot of people like the classic looking PFs that Sideshow put out earlier. I can appreciative how frustrating it must be for DC collectors to not get the rest of the line-up that they've eagerly waited for, like MMH and Flash that many had waited for. Flash is one that I'm been chomping at the bit for and am scratching my head at the lack of response from Sideshow.

In thoughts to the DC Trinity release though, it's similar in some ways (and I'll emphasize SOME ways) to what Sideshow does with the Avengers. They've done numerous iterations of Captain, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk and scatter an additional Avenger here and there, with an occasional release of someone like SW or Hawkeye, etc.

But when you compare how long Sideshow has had the DC license vs. how long they had the Marvel one until they started putting out more depth (like Vision and those above, etc.) I don't think it should be a big surprise, in my opinion. Regardless, it's still a disappointment though to your point. This is what Sideshow does though. They recycle very popular characters over and over - not that I can blame them though. They're a business.

For me, as someone who wasn't impressed with the OG Trinity (aside from WW), I'm thankful for the new sculpts and hope they live up to my expectations.

:lol :lol :lol

Simply put: I understand it sucks, but I'm looking forward to what Sideshow has in store - and hoping to a Superman to my collection.

Sooo are iceman and B.W lovers now? Don’t get me wrong, I love me some iceman but let’s focus on the thread topic lol.

I can't wait to see the paint job on the ice :clap

That's what I was thinking. I like the sculpt, but that paint app will make or break it.

I would love to see an all resin version too, but I don't think that will happen.

Sooo are iceman and B.W lovers now? Don’t get me wrong, I love me some iceman but let’s focus on the thread topic lol.

Exactly. Stick to B.W. here ...especially since Ice Man has his own thread.

I forgot about that, to be honest.

I'm not a true fan. I'm not a true fan. I'm not a true fan. :lol

I need to get caught up on X-Men. I remember reading he announced that to his parents in 2017(?). I thought it was not too long ago.

In the original X-Men comics Iceman was chasing girls all the time (even his older self dated girls), wasn't until Marvel decided to take the young versions of the original X-Men and time travel them to the present that they came up with the whole Gay thing to appease the LGBT community because Marvel didn't have enough gay characters. They gave him is own solo comic to explore his new gayness but it was cancelled after several issues due to lack of sales...

I honestly have no issues with gay characters in comics, but I hate it when they take established characters and mess with them like that...

In the original X-Men comics Iceman was chasing girls all the time (even his older self dated girls), wasn't until Marvel decided to take the young versions of the original X-Men and time travel them to the present that they came up with the whole Gay thing to appease the LGBT community because Marvel didn't have enough gay characters. They gave him is own solo comic to explore his new gayness but it was cancelled after several issues due to lack of sales...

I honestly have no issues with gay characters in comics, but I hate it when they take established characters and mess with them like that...

To be honest, the current/former Iceman writer is a sociopath; and wrote Bobby Drake to be a sociopath as well.

Arguably one of the worst comics in Marvel history(which is saying something).

Sorry to go off topic, but when I saw the Iceman comic being mentioned, I needed to comment on just how much of a dumpster fire it is/was(thank God).

To be honest, the current/former Iceman writer is a sociopath; and wrote Bobby Drake to be a sociopath as well.

Sorry to go off topic, but when I saw the Iceman comic being mentioned, I needed to comment on just how much of a dumpster fire it is/was(thank God).

So I didn't miss much? :lol

I never finished the Ultimate run. That's where I left off, in terms of monthly reading.

Any advice on where I should start back up?

It was written by a woman...

I did think it was funny how they cancelled Black Widow's wake to go to a gay bar.... LOLL!!!

Speaking of Black Widow....

I read it's official that a solo movie is in the works. w00t w00t. :lol

Back