Premium Format Sideshow Black Widow Premium format (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will all of you with the X-Men PFs ever sell your pieces if Sideshow releases a more 'superior' version, or will you be keeping with the OG releases?

I love the XMen so much I’d probably keep both

I can’t afford to keep 2 Black Widows or 2 Visions Caps Scarlet Witch Winter Soldier Thanos etc etc etc

I’m packed to the brim as is

The only 1/5 scale pieces I have left are the 80s series and Avengers Assemble

I just don’t see the appeal of a stylized 1/4 Avengers line.... isn’t that the whole point of the 1/5 series?

Thundercats and XMen is all I care about now

In terms of BW I was and still am hoping for one more ScarJo version.
The Iron Man 2 PF is pretty cool, and I do have mine with the Custom Avengers hair, but to have a Civil War version would have been nice. Maybe more likely is that we get one for infinity wars.

That said, I don't dispute that there's a lot more characters they have yet to cover. But speaking as a BW fan that didn't get an invite to the limited spectacular White Version :)gah:), it gives me some hope that maybe they'll do one final PF version of SJ

I'd really like:

infinity_war_black_widow_1___png_by_captain_kingsman16-dbq1f0x.png

Will all of you with the X-Men PFs ever sell your pieces if Sideshow releases a more 'superior' version, or will you be keeping with the OG releases?

I'm keeping my OG versions. I'm not sure I necessarily want newer versions of the ones they've released...I want characters they've never made to fill out the lineup. And they just announced another new trinity set :rotfl Classic...

I'm keeping my OG versions. I'm not sure I necessarily want newer versions of the ones they've released...I want characters they've never made to fill out the lineup. And they just announced another new trinity set :rotfl Classic...

I don't even mind that they are making a new Trinity. We all knew it was coming someday. However, we should've got a Flash, Martian Manhunter, and Green Arrow PF first. At the very least complete the Big 7.

I don't even mind that they are making a new Trinity. We all knew it was coming someday. However, we should've got a Flash, Martian Manhunter, and Green Arrow PF first. At the very least complete the Big 7.

I literally just typed this exact same thing on a FB page. I don't mind either, but I would have preferred that each of the new trinity get released with someone else. So do Supes first and then release Flash. Then Wondy and do Jonn, then Bats and Ollie, etc.

I guess the Trinity pay the bills, much like Capspiderverine does for the Marvel line. Perhaps the profits from these redos keep them in the game to bring us other characters?

I'm glad they passed on those others TBH. Aside from WW, I thought the Supes and Batman PFs from Sideshow were less than stellar (and that's me putting it nicely), and a new start is what they needed. I'm sure that's not what Sideshow thought when they made the move, but that's I how I felt.

The new preview of Supes is already miles better than any of their previous attempts.

Just my two cents, but I had zero desire to own any of the past efforts. My hope is finally renewed.

I'm glad they passed on those others TBH. Aside from WW, I thought the Supes and Batman PFs from Sideshow were less than stellar (and that's me putting it nicely), and a new start is what they needed. I'm sure that's not what Sideshow thought when they made the move, but that's I how I felt.

The new preview of Supes is already miles better than any of their previous attempts.

Just my two cents, but I had zero desire to own any of the past efforts. My hope is finally renewed.

My sentiments exactly. I don’t own any of the trinity premium format line because I hate the “pajamas” but this new fully sculpted line, I’m very impressed with and might have to buy all 3

I repect and understand that you may like a different take on the Trinity and other JL members. However, there are plenty of us that love the classic PFs. For me personally, the OG Supes PF is the very best Supes ever made. Nothing comes close to it in my book including this new Rebirth PF. I haven't seen nearly enough of the new Bats PF to given an opinion on it. Still love my classic Bats PF though. I may pick up the new Bats PF but will definitely be keeping my OG PF too. The new WW PF looks great but I love the 1st PF as well. The OG WW puts the warrior in the Amazon princess in a way the new PF does not for me. That said, both WW PFs look really good to me.

There are a lot of us collectors that love the classic takes on the JL members. Many of us have spent thousands on the classic JL PFs sideshow has released. I think it would be utter B.S. if they didn't release classic versions of the Flash and Martian Manhunter to complete the original Big 7 lineup. After the classic Big 7 are released, I don't care what version of the Justice League sideshow wants to make because I'll have the lineup I want in my collection.

What :lol

I see a clash between OG collectors and new lol. But yeah I’ve been lurking SS for some time now. Past on all the classic PFs cuz i just didn’t like them. These (to me) look so much better. Maybe not classic but I like slideshows take on them. As of this moment i still think the P1 hush line is the best statues ever made of these 2 characters. I will say its pretty lame SS won’t at least complete the 7 in the classic line. Then again even my 1/6 JL from koto is still incomplete dammit lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... As of this moment i still think the P1 hush line is the best statues ever made of these 2 characters....
Somewhat hard to understand this since these P1 Hush statues haven't even been put up for preorder yet, much less shipped for in-hand pictures and review.

I’m amazed at how accurate I was

12 days of rehashes

Mumm Ra wins !

7e0f2c15d193a2d5872e8fb1422b7603.jpg

Marvel villains? So to recap the only actually new announcements are Thundercats and Miles? Those 2 and the Terminator im interested to see how they turn out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miles actually looks like the original Spider-Man comiquette

If they were having problems moving the current PFs the solution to reintroduce characters beloved by collectors seems deluded.

This isn’t Disney... they can get away with re-releasing their films every 10 years to new audiences...

The problem with statues is these are becoming exponentially more expensive thus more exclusive regardless of how many more likes Sideshow acquired on Facebook

The market is saturated with these characters and the CoTD series doesn’t really seem to gain any traction with collectors

It seems like they are trying to resuscitate their brand at the expense of long term collectors hoping they trade in or replace their current collections with the upgraded model.

Miles actually looks like the original Spider-Man comiquette

If they were having problems moving the current PFs the solution to reintroduce characters beloved by collectors seems deluded.

This isn’t Disney... they can get away with re-releasing their films every 10 years to new audiences...

The problem with statues is these are becoming exponentially more expensive thus more exclusive regardless of how many more likes Sideshow acquired on Facebook

The market is saturated with these characters and the CoTD series doesn’t really seem to gain any traction with collectors

It seems like they are trying to resuscitate their brand at the expense of long term collectors hoping they trade in or replace their current collections with the upgraded model.

Except what they're replacing it with it is pure trash

Don't get me wrong, I'm certain some of the new stuff is gonna knock everyone's socks off

I'm still interested in the new Joker and Batman... probably wont replace the ones I already have

I wouldn't replace my Black Widow with the new one... but I'm certainly contemplating Daredevil because anything is better than the last Daredevil / Elektra pieces.

Lately I've browsed my collection and I'm happy with about 90% of it. I'm holding off hope for more X-Men and with Thundercats I'm totally good.

Sideshow doesn't really care about my opinion so no harm no foul saying what I see. I've wanted X-Men for a decade now. Eventually we will see them, I'd take em even though they'll probably end up looking like an abomination like most of XMs latest.

But Jesus... their Iceman looks amazing... it doesn't even have an elaborate base. That's something Sideshow should've done like yesterday.

Honestly.. this is a custom..

It takes old with new and marries the two marvelously

custom_iceman_statue_not_sideshow_xm_studios_hot_toys_1510402810_7d8c9f1b.jpg

why wouldn't Sideshow do the same?

WHY?!

Back