Premium Format Sideshow Black Widow Premium format (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I didn't realize there was such a difference in the art work of the Supergirl piece vs. the face sculpt. The difference is pretty alarming.

I really liked that piece initially, and heard it disappointed a lot of people. Maybe we'll get another sooner rather than later.

Man, I didn't realize there was such a difference in the art work of the Supergirl piece vs. the face sculpt. The difference is pretty alarming.

I really liked that piece initially, and heard it disappointed a lot of people. Maybe we'll get another sooner rather than later.

I know :(
Probably one of SS worst pieces in my opinion. Ok I've not seen it in person, and maybe (maybe) it pulls back a few points, but while I absolutely loved the print, for me the statue was/is still a total disaster zone.

People on SS seemed to like it in the review section:

I went back & forth on this statue because I heard people complain about the face but I finally decided it was to cool looking to pass up and let me just say if your on the fence about this statue get it, the face looks much much better in person under some good light, fantastic statue and art box!

This is my my first statue from Sideshow. It's amazing. She is beautiful, I find myself always looking at her. It's just perfect. I quickly bought 4 more PF statue after receiving this one. I'm hooked.

Personally I cannot forgive a flawed design/pose. Going after the print is fine, but there needs to be a point where you accept it's not working and start again. They could and should have done much better with this.

When I heard they were doing a companion piece to the artwork I did get quite excited, but nothing about it works and then to try and salvage it they threw in Streaky :)huh) just seemed desperate IMO :dunno

Yeah, sorry to hear that one. It seems like a missed opportunity.

I'll admit that there's still a part of me that likes it a lot, but just not enough to go for it. The 'action' pose is something that intrigued me most about it. It just didn't come together as well as I was hoping.

Yeah, sorry to hear that one. It seems like a missed opportunity.

I'll admit that there's still a part of me that likes it a lot, but just not enough to go for it. The 'action' pose is something that intrigued me most about it. It just didn't come together as well as I was hoping.

I've got the print on my eBay watch list and once a month almost hit the buy it now button :lol
- The pose was a pulling point. Maybe you'll find one at a decent price from a fellow collector and can take a punt at it.

Loved her in Tudor ...and in Games of Throne. Wouldn't mind that choice.

:hi5:

While I don't watch it anymore, she was good in Elementary too! :D

I'll definitely take a look around. I think it sucks because with Sideshow 'restarting' their Trinity line, I may just wait it out and see if they remake others along the way.

dc-comics-supergirl-premium-art-print-feature-500277.jpg

In the picture she looks like really cute but the statue looks like she just got out of bed. The scene in "There's Something about Mary" also comes to mind...

Last edited:
^^

Referring to Supergirl? I think it was a poor decision to go with the hair flying upwards... if they do that, why not just make a sculpted cape in the same direction because it doesn't work as well if you pose the cape flowing downwards, it looks as if she's descending from the sky at a fast rate. If anything, they should've just sculpted her hair to flow outward to the side like in the artwork.

I agree...

Saw the statue on the Art Print write-up on the SSC Blog. Meh. Not impressed with the head sculpt (those bangs) or the armor bra.

+3 the exclusive portrait is way better then the standard... pretty much a must buy exclusive IMO.

Exclusive is very nice and as other have stated, MUCH BETTER. But I will not be ordering this because the art direction on the shiny bra is horrendous IMO. It is sad too because I may have ordered this if it blended into the whole outfit.

Man I like the rest of it (yes the EX portrait is very good,) but that boob armor....bleh. I’d probably buy it if they removed that.

It's already been said, but this is one of the few pieces IMO that the Exclusive is a must.

If I don't get an Ex, then I'm not owning it. My biggest concerns at the moment is do I want it bad enough. The base was a nice surprise and of course, Sideshow is smart by having it compliment Captain.

Back