Premium Format Sideshow Black Canary Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why didn't they think of a swap out masked head. For $450, I don't think that's asking for much.

From SF;

And multiple swap-out parts is definitely a factor in having a higher price tag on a statue. Especially portraits.

Did you guys entertain an alternate portrait during development, Igo? With a character like BC, it seems like an automatic thought to have a screaming visage. Although with her body stance, you'd probably have to add one or two swap out arms.

We did, but we co-designed this one with Stan (similar to Ivy, Harley, and Catwoman) and the stance / pose just didnt lend to proper swap-out parts without it feeling awkward.

Like COI stated, Im in favor of swap-outs so long as it doesnt compromise the original design. We've done it in the past, and Id rather have no exclusive rather than something that doesnt fit with the original intention.

Im sure we could have done the poster bigger, maybe on a chunk of wall sitting more up-right, etc, but at a certain point you cant keep second guessing everything you do, or changing things over and over again, because then things wont get done. We always try to learn from every piece we do, and make the next one better.

Im sure there will be plenty of exclusives we do in the future people will love, and Im sure there will always be some people feel were intentionally made to make them angry, but that's just how it goes.

Like Parallax said, if it strikes you and you want it and pre-order, awesome. If not, you dont have to buy it. If the ex is lame but you like the piece, it gives you a great opportunity to wait for in-hand pics and get it down the road.

Ive said it in the past, I definitely listen to all feedback and distill down accordingly. I appreciate having a forum to engage on, poke fun from time to time, and hear feedback, because I do take it all in and digest, and apply on future projects where I think it makes sense.

Stoked for some more announcements coming up, one in particular on Tuesday, should be a cool reveal :happybirt

Easy pass for me. Not a fan of the pose, especially the "shushing". I AM, however, looking forward to the Huntress reveal.

not a bad piece. that being said, just looks like some chick going out to the club, nothing stands out about it at all.

If having a swap out head will drive the cost up, but it's already expensive at $450 with a lackluster base. The Batgirl had 2 portraits but with a different hair style and same face, so why couldn't they add just a mask to another head with that same expression.

the price point doesn't match the statue's worth given she's a non-A list character with no major swap out portrait or anything. i think it's a beautifully rendered statue, but i'd rather save my money on a well made A-list character. i understand the cost of statues has increased due to the market and such, but I remember a time when sideshow would throw a pre-order up and it would be sold out in a matter of hours because the price was good, the production number was low, and the quality was amazing. i hope someday it will revert back to this when major statue companies see how people are spending less on the hobby and being more selective.

the price point doesn't match the statue's worth given she's a non-A list character with no major swap out portrait or anything. i think it's a beautifully rendered statue, but i'd rather save my money on a well made A-list character. i understand the cost of statues has increased due to the market and such, but I remember a time when sideshow would throw a pre-order up and it would be sold out in a matter of hours because the price was good, the production number was low, and the quality was amazing. i hope someday it will revert back to this when major statue companies see how people are spending less on the hobby and being more selective.

It's a different time and place, those days are over

Back