Premium Format Sideshow Black Canary Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Black Canary Premium Format Figure

Elisse
The nrd is a non-refundable deposit and cannot be transferred to another order.

I thought Id try anyway.

they do it as a one-time courtesy. I would press the issue if you haven't done it before.

This is a great sculpt!

It definitely doesn't portray her "kickass" side, but it does showcase her sexy side. And that is still a part of her ...so this is a definite buy.

Perhaps SSC or another company will make another BC that showcase her "kickass" side.

I like the pose -- or the concept behind it at least. Playful, taunting -- like saying "ssssh.." before or after a round of her Canary Cry. Could use some tweaking IMO as it can be mistaken to her thinking of which lingerie in her closet would she pick for when Ollie gets home. Kinda like the concept of a salute for Supergirl which looks more like she's trying to cover her eyes from something bright. Just my 2 cents.

Netting should definitely be real net -- having it sculpted and painted over would mean lots of shaky lines LOL

She looks amazing. My only nit pick is that it is kind of a pin up looking pose and her power is her Canary scream so having her finger over her mouth doesn't make much sense. You wouldn't do a Black Bolt statue like that. Oh well, as I said, she does look fantastic and her portrait is absolutely beautiful. I'm on the fence for now. Will wait to see a few more pics before deciding.

Reading the character in the late silver early bronze age, I never really saw her do the canary cry. Of course, the only time I saw her was when she would team-up with Batman in B&B, or the rare time she had a back-up story in someone elses book (which is what the panel below is from) . I always thought the character was pretty much just a sexy judo/hand-to-hand combat master. The first I noticed the "cry" power was in the animated JLU. Didn't realize that first showed up in the late Silver age material.

In any case, I don't think she is putting her finger to her lips in a "shhhhh..." attitude.
It looks to me like she is wagging her finger in a "No. don't even think about it" way to a bunch of thugs that just got trounced and are now picking themselves off the floor and starting to make the move to rush her (again).
The broken rubble at her feet seems to be purposefully there to imply that some serious a$$-kicking just went down.

And I gotta say, that would change what seemed to be just a generic cheesecake pose into something that is both playfully cheesecake as well as a quintessential encapsulation of this character (or at least the way she was in the Gold, Silver, and most of the Bronze ages).

(not really a good example of the above, but a panel from my favorite BC story that does channel the playful spirit I'm talking about- art by the great Alex Toth)
tumblr_lo8b9vWAeL1qky1uxo1_1280.jpg

In any case, I don't think she is putting her finger to her lips in a "shhhhh..." attitude.
It looks to me like she is wagging her finger in a "No. don't even think about it" way to a bunch of thugs that just got trounced and are now picking themselves off the floor and starting to make the move to rush her (again).

But then the only explanation for her hand on her butt with her hip thrown wide would be an offer of, "Let's not fight. Have this instead!" :rotfl

Reading the character in the late silver early bronze age, I never really saw her do the canary cry. Of course, the only time I saw her was when she would team-up with Batman in B&B, or the rare time she had a back-up story in someone elses book (which is what the panel below is from) . I always thought the character was pretty much just a sexy judo/hand-to-hand combat master. The first I noticed the "cry" power was in the animated JLU. Didn't realize that first showed up in the late Silver age material.

The broken rubble at her feet seems to be purposefully there to imply that some serious a$$-kicking just went down.

And I gotta say, that would change what seemed to be just a generic cheesecake pose into something that is both playfully cheesecake as well as a quintessential encapsulation of this character (or at least the way she was in the Gold, Silver, and most of the Bronze ages).

(not really a good example of the above, but a panel from my favorite BC story that does channel the playful spirit I'm talking about- art by the great Alex Toth)
View attachment 273626

Well, I'm going to wait until I see the preview pics to draw anymore conclusions, but in the little I've seen so far, I definitely see a cheesecake pose and a finger being raised to shush someone. Again, she looks sexy as hell but I would have liked a little more of her fighting spirit and attitude. I think the WW PF does an excellent job in conveying both beauty and a warrior's attitude. We'll see if I change my thinking after the EX is revealed (if there is one). That said, I really want to stress that she does look beautiful in every way. Her body is gorgeous and her portrait is stunning. This is a great looking PF and my only little nit pick is the pose so far. It just doesn't fit the rest of the JL PFs poses we've seen so far. If I buy her, it'll be to display her with the rest of the JL PFs and I feel that she may stick out as being too playful when compared to the others. Who knows? That may not even be a bad thing. I'm definitely looking forward to the full reveal. This is basically the last female DC PF I'm considering for my collection so I'm certainly leaning towards picking her up. Outside of the Big 7 I was looking to add her, GA, Hawkman, and Atom. They round out my favorite members of the League.

I find it a shame we have to figure out or justify this pose. Should have just went with something simply resembling her power not the contrary. She was pitched as a super heroine not a super pin up.
I like it from an artistic stand point and may get it to accompany BG. Then of course Huntress will have to follow. That being said if BC was made to compliment BG's pose then I'm sure Huntress's pose will be similar.

I love the playful attitude as it fits PG and BG, without making it too pin up. Yeah the poses are fun, and not exactly the character's, but I think they look sexy and fun together.

I hope Green Arrow debuts soon. I'd probably want them both displayed together, rather than her displayed with BoP. I skipped Batgirl but the Huntress intrigues me and if it's a good sculpt, I may be into it.

To each their own but I think this is a case where you see what you want to see, negatively or not... I personally don't see sex portrayed in any of these below.

yeah, cause you know, she's never been posed in the comics in a sexually charged pose...never
black-canary-jla-comic-art-print-signed-signature-autograph-neal-adams.jpg

Sitting on a bike hanging out.
250px-Bcanaryx.png

Same thinking "are we gonna do this or not?"
adam-hughes-jla-justice-league-comic-art-print-signed-signature-black-canary-1.jpg

Ass kicking time.
tumblr_nbrm11dQmM1s9b5lko1_1280.jpg
Burning a suit, with legs crossed I might add.

I hope Green Arrow debuts soon. I'd probably want them both displayed together, rather than her displayed with BoP. I skipped Batgirl but the Huntress intrigues me and if it's a good sculpt, I may be into it.

I just want her for my JL lineup. I'm passing on Batgirl and Huntress since I have no interest in those characters. That's why the pose feels a little off to me. None of the other characters in the JL PF lineup are as playfully posed as she is.

Need to see the booty.

Hopefully the fishnet seams aren't on the back of her legs or aren't so bulky if they are.

I just want her for my JL lineup. I'm passing on Batgirl and Huntress since I have no interest in those characters. That's why the pose feels a little off to me. None of the other characters in the JL PF lineup are as playfully posed as she is.

Yeah, I gave up on the whole JL just due to space constraints. But you're right, she'd probably look a little off with the JL.

To each their own but I think this is a case where you see what you want to see, negatively or not... I personally don't see sex portrayed in any of these below.

Burning a suit, with legs crossed I might add.

I don't see anything overt here like the statue, and only one of them, the 1st, can even be thought of the same to my mind, and that's a pinup, which serves to better disprove the point, I think.

I find it a shame we have to figure out or justify this pose. Should have just went with something simply resembling her power not the contrary. She was pitched as a super heroine not a super pin up.
I like it from an artistic stand point and may get it to accompany BG. Then of course Huntress will have to follow. That being said if BC was made to compliment BG's pose then I'm sure Huntress's pose will be similar.

Oh come on :lol

I like the pose -- or the concept behind it at least. Playful, taunting -- like saying "ssssh.." before or after a round of her Canary Cry. Could use some tweaking IMO as it can be mistaken to her thinking of which lingerie in her closet would she pick for when Ollie gets home. Kinda like the concept of a salute for Supergirl which looks more like she's trying to cover her eyes from something bright. Just my 2 cents.

Netting should definitely be real net -- having it sculpted and painted over would mean lots of shaky lines LOL

The jacket and netting are fabric

Back