Statue Sideshow 1987 Predator 1/5 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still not enough sunlight but what the heck . . .

Having spent a few of days glancing over at this, I noticed a couple of things I didn't spot originally and no-one else seems to have mentioned.

• The top of the belt was not painted (the flesh colour just sort of rolls onto it).
• More importantly (for me) - the lower mandibles are not right – this is the first P1 I can remember that has the mouth skin to mandible joint sculpted in a “stepped” fashion instead of flowing. I guess they did that for molding concerns but it’s a negative.​

Still happy with it though.

My belt is messed up too. Same problem.

It's been a full week since I sent my request to customer service for help with this item and still no response! This must be the "great" customer service everyone talks about...

It's been a full week since I sent my request to customer service for help with this item and still no response! This must be the "great" customer service everyone talks about...

Try giving them a call. It's faster!

Patience, you will get a reply. Took them a week or so to come back to me with a Dutch PF problem, but they did, in a very satisfactory manner.

So here I am complaining online about good CS, and a representative from SS called me to let me know that he saw my complaint and they didn't get the email because it was too big! So I'm venting and they just didn't see it.

Foot is officially in mouth!!!

I'm sure they'll take care of me... now that they can actually see the email!

So here I am complaining online about good CS, and a representative from SS called me to let me know that he saw my complaint and they didn't get the email because it was too big! So I'm venting and they just didn't see it.

Foot is officially in mouth!!!

I'm sure they'll take care of me... now that they can actually see the email!
:rotfl:rotfl

so what has happend to your pred

Patience, you will get a reply. Took them a week or so to come back to me with a Dutch PF problem, but they did, in a very satisfactory manner.

SS has been super quick with my issues with my Pred and Alien Warrior statues. Only takes a day or 2 to get a response. I keep in touch by phone and email.

SS has been super quick with my issues with my Pred and Alien Warrior statues. Only takes a day or 2 to get a response. I keep in touch by phone and email.

Yep. And I correct myself - Has not been a week. Actually just 2 days, because of the weekend.
It was my first time ever to contact them with a problem, and I could not be happier.

Finally, I've received the Exclusive Sticker from SS. Great customer serivces. Two thumbs up!

CIMG6001.jpg

Got a reply today (roughly a week after emailing which isn't too bad I guess). They're sending me two extra replacement heads. Hopefully these will fit into my Predator's body. I am pretty happy in this instance.

Yep. one replacement regular head and one exclusive. Apparently I need to destroy the two faulty heads and send them pics as proof they're destroyed (which I'm totally fine with if the replacements fit correctly). This is the first complaint/return/replacement I've had to request through Sideshow.. so I am guessing it's just normal procedure?

Got a reply today (roughly a week after emailing which isn't too bad I guess). They're sending me two extra replacement heads. Hopefully these will fit into my Predator's body. I am pretty happy in this instance.

Cool. So, you'll get to keep the two you have now.

Sell 'em when the replacements come in. ;)

Yep. one replacement regular head and one exclusive. Apparently I need to destroy the two faulty heads and send them pics as proof they're destroyed (which I'm totally fine with if the replacements fit correctly). This is the first complaint/return/replacement I've had to request through Sideshow.. so I am guessing it's just normal procedure?

Yea I just destroyed my alien warrior statue after receiving my replacement. They just don't want you keeping 2 when you only paid for one. Fine with me because I like most probably everyone we just want what we paid for anyway...

keeping mine. I like it but it does have the problems mentioned. The netting has a few spots that could be better and the hair does get in the way a bit for the head but I think the hair is slowly moving out of the way and the gap is closing. It seems to be a different material.
The helmet looks a little dark. The base is pretty cool.

Back