Statue Sideshow 1987 Predator 1/5 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Serious Neo?
You picked one up and you're that impressed?
Sorry, I don't do sarcasm!

I understand. The statue is sarcasm in itself!

lol didnt i tell you not to get this....the giant plastic blades alone is enough.
C'mon man. SS opted for plastic in the interest of safety and you are taking a hit on them?? Not good.

Cheers,
Neo.

I really, really wanted this statue to be brilliant. Here are my thoughts...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJRpyALmFtc[/ame]

Congrats to those that got a good one and are happy :D

Good review, but I honestly don't have any of the issues you highlight. There's a little bit of sloppy paint application on the torso, but not to the extent you show. I was on the fence about this statue after all of the initial reviews poured in, but I opened it day one and have been satisfied with it since then. If sideshow does another 87 Predator, I will most likely go for it. But until then, I'm glad to have this character in my collection.

Sideshow's really screwed the pooch with their statues lately. I lucked out with their new Alien line, but I can easily tell where things could've been done better (or where problems could -- and did -- happen on other peoples' products). I don't know what happened to the company over the years, but their figures have improved and their statues neglected. Not all of them, but many.

I jammed the hand in and got my biomask replaced - still a poor fit, but with some violence it popped in. The dreadlocks can 'form' a bit and it fits.

SS must really have their work cut out these day with all these replacements.

I'm happy to say my 3 latest issues have been sorted out.

I feel your love for the statue and it's saddening. I had the same feeling with the Isaac which I simply destroyed and got my money back, but I want it so bad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJRpyALmFtc

Sorry man, really sad . I'd send it back too,really sloppy. I pre-ordered the Bad Blood statue and crappy paint aps are a worry too. As you know you can have a great sculpt,but you kill the figure with s.oppy paint

Sideshow's really screwed the pooch with their statues lately. I lucked out with their new Alien line, but I can easily tell where things could've been done better (or where problems could -- and did -- happen on other peoples' products). I don't know what happened to the company over the years, but their figures have improved and their statues neglected. Not all of them, but many.

it used to be win win win, now it's fail fail win...

what happens when a small company turns corporate, there is no passion left it's all about the bottom line - the bare minimum to max profit while keep returns and production cost down, anything else like quality just doesn't matter as long as they can stay on the thin line to keep the peons from mass revolt.

I know sideshow can produce great stuff their early releases are top quality every time, they just don't care anymore.

Just got in my 2nd one to replace the terrible qc of the first. And this one while not as bad still had some major issues :\ . The base was actually broken and the dreads were not fully molded.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPKgtVEApxA[/ame]

what happens when a small company turns corporate, there is no passion left it's all about the bottom line - the bare minimum to max profit while keep returns and production cost down, anything else like quality just doesn't matter as long as they can stay on the thin line to keep the peons from mass revolt.

I know sideshow can produce great stuff their early releases are top quality every time, they just don't care anymore.

I wouldnt say thats completely true, i think its piece to piece if they are hit or miss or not. I got both the Dutch and Colossus PFs this year and both of them are great.

Just got in my 2nd one to replace the terrible qc of the first. And this one while not as bad still had some major issues :\ . The base was actually broken and the dreads were not fully molded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPKgtVEApxA

Again what a shame man. I heard you mention Narin,heck the Samurai Predator is closer in quality to Narin Preds.

Again what a shame man. I heard you mention Narin,heck the Samurai Predator is closer in quality to Narin Preds.

Yea have tempted to get samurai still but i kinda want a good 1987 predator statue that isnt 3k. So i was thinking of getting the Narin classic staute he has up right now. I want to own at least one Narin sculpt in my collection as i think he is really talented and does a lot for the pred community.

I am on my last payment. I am really looking forward on this statue i hope SSC wont disappoint me :pray:
:( I just got QC issue on my Alien warrior and will get the replacement on Monday.

one should think all these replacemnts and refunds are way more expensive for SS than just make the statue right the first time.

one should think all these replacemnts and refunds are way more expensive for SS than just make the statue right the first time.

I often wonder how much of their business is made up by cancelled NRDs - that might be a counter balance so to say. They have certainly got more than a few $ from me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJRpyALmFtc

Good review, but I honestly don't have any of the issues you highlight. There's a little bit of sloppy paint application on the torso, but not to the extent you show. I was on the fence about this statue after all of the initial reviews poured in, but I opened it day one and have been satisfied with it since then. If sideshow does another 87 Predator, I will most likely go for it. But until then, I'm glad to have this character in my collection.

Congrats! I have seen a few videos of Predators that look better. Sending it back was a hard decision.

I jammed the hand in and got my biomask replaced - still a poor fit, but with some violence it popped in. The dreadlocks can 'form' a bit and it fits.

SS must really have their work cut out these day with all these replacements.

I'm happy to say my 3 latest issues have been sorted out.

I feel your love for the statue and it's saddening. I had the same feeling with the Isaac which I simply destroyed and got my money back, but I want it so bad...

Exactly. Your last sentence is spot on. I really wanted this to magnificent.

Sorry man, really sad . I'd send it back too,really sloppy. I pre-ordered the Bad Blood statue and crappy paint aps are a worry too. As you know you can have a great sculpt,but you kill the figure with s.oppy paint

Thanks. 'Bad Blood' looks cool. I hope it works out OK for you.

So glad I cancelled.
Sorry to hear your issues with it.
Seems like a lottery with this piece wether you get a good one or not.

Thanks. I think if all the joints are good and the paint app issues are at minimum it can "keepable". But yes, definitely requires some luck.

one should think all these replacements and refunds are way more expensive for SS than just make the statue right the first time.

It's just a guy looking at a spreadsheet. If i remember correctly the acceptable return is ~5% so if i was sideshow i would also not bother with spending $ for onsite QC or hire more experienced painters. Just spot check a few once it's in warehouse make sure it actually looks like the thing, then send them off as most people are lazy and wont bother trying to return such a heavy statue. If you look alibaba it cost about $60 (fob price) to make a statue like this in china, given sideshow's wholesale volume their cost is probably much lower.

So unless they hit something like 20% return rate, they dont care. Unfortunately we are just the minority of buyers.

Back