Statue Sideshow 1987 Predator 1/5 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol thanks for the offer but I am pretty sure it's the statue. At first I thought it was meant to have a gap, because if you look at the product page on Sideshow's site, there is actually a little gap. The dreads have nothing to do with it (at least they don't seem to in mine), they're not obstructing, it's just the scult of the peg/hole.

I am thinking of a refund.. I just really want this statue because I missed on the Predator maquette and am in Australia so it's a hassle sending it all back. Also from what I've seen, there's a good chance I could one with the same problem even worse.. or other issues :(

EDIT: I've emailed them telling them I can't display it like this and asking what can be done. This is the first time I've had to do this.. any pointers on what I can expect?

Last edited:
Now I have get my Predator. I am very happy with the statue.

For more details look on the picture.

Best regards
Michael

After seeing the newer pics, I'm liking this statue more and more.

only for those who are not that picky, I have this statue, and i agree there are paint issues, but im not that picky and happy wit these statue,

I got my predator this morning...unfortunately Im at work and wont be able to really inspect it til I get home. So hopefully I'll snap a couple shots as well to add to the thread.

There's an Exclusive on eBay UK for £413 if anyone's interested?
:rotfl :cuckoo: :rotfl :cuckoo:

tumblr_m9tqebsOxC1rvo8et.gif

Lol thanks for the offer but I am pretty sure it's the statue. At first I thought it was meant to have a gap, because if you look at the product page on Sideshow's site, there is actually a little gap. The dreads have nothing to do with it (at least they don't seem to in mine), they're not obstructing, it's just the scult of the peg/hole.

I am thinking of a refund.. I just really want this statue because I missed on the Predator maquette and am in Australia so it's a hassle sending it all back. Also from what I've seen, there's a good chance I could one with the same problem even worse.. or other issues :(

EDIT: I've emailed them telling them I can't display it like this and asking what can be done. This is the first time I've had to do this.. any pointers on what I can expect?

Glad you didn't take if offensively. Hope SS will help you out. Good luck! :wave

only for those who are not that picky, I have this statue, and i agree there are paint issues, but im not that picky and happy wit these statue,

I guess those picky should look for other perfect hobbies coz dont think you can get a perfect from SS. nothing is "perfect"

I guess those picky should look for other perfect hobbies coz dont think you can get a perfect from SS. nothing is "perfect"

there is a difference between looking for a perfect piece and accepting junk.

again i use the old predator statues sideshow released, they all have excellent to near perfect paint and much smaller in size, then you look at something like this which should at least be on par, but it's so far below the norm. Just remembering the way they painted the masked black eyes pisses me off, you can literally see the brush marks and paint stacked on top of each other, nevermind all the other good sculpting details that are lost like the highlights/lines on the armor/helmet.

This is absolutely unacceptable, i challenge anyone who accept this type of quality as normal sideshow release for a $300 20" statue.

there is a difference between looking for a perfect piece and accepting junk.

again i use the old predator statues sideshow released, they all have excellent to near perfect paint and much smaller in size, then you look at something like this which should at least be on par, but it's so far below the norm. Just remembering the way they painted the masked black eyes pisses me off, you can literally see the brush marks and paint stacked on top of each other, nevermind all the other good sculpting details that are lost like the highlights/lines on the armor/helmet.

This is absolutely unacceptable, i challenge anyone who accept this type of quality as normal sideshow release for a $300 20" statue.

Yep. If it $150-200 I would understand perhaps, not $300. I mean this is their profession. Paint aside even, you would think they would want to ensure the statues head goes into its body, no?

Heres my story...piece came in today and i got home from work to inspect it...amazing. Mine is perfect...bad news is my dumb ass was pushing the plasma cannon in and i guess i put to much pressure on it and as I push the piece down the pin snaps...wtf!!!! The pin is stuck inside with no way to get it out. I was thinking maybe i could drill it out some and at least push the base of the cannon in to still use it. Currently the cannon wont stay on. Other than a little looseness in the hand with the clean skull its perfect. Not one chip on this guy. Personally hes amazing looking in my opinion.

Back