Sideshow 1/6 Yoda Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
to ensure the strong variety I really think SSC needs to keep SW as a value line. Otherwise they're going to come down to like 2000 units for top tier characters and even less for obscure characters. not many people will want to spend $400 for a set of the Max Rebo band. But $200? I think you find a lot more people.

If this dude gets the details it deserves. I will make my own 1/6 scaled Yoda and Trooper diorama :D

With a cold cathode lightsaber ofcourse!

to ensure the strong variety I really think SSC needs to keep SW as a value line. Otherwise they're going to come down to like 2000 units for top tier characters and even less for obscure characters. not many people will want to spend $400 for a set of the Max Rebo band. But $200? I think you find a lot more people.

I don't care how much money they are, so long as we get a very wide spectrum of figures and the quality stays the same or gets better. I'd rather see a high quality line than a line that compromises quality for price point.

If price is an issue, just don't be a completist. One should only buy what they want.

But in a case like Sideshow I think they could deliver more consistent quality for the prices they are charging. Paint is still very weak compared to other companies and the loose bodies are really becoming a pain.

I'm mostly very satisfied with my Sideshow Star Wars figures... but anymore I'm waiting on many purchases as the vast majority of them (exclusives included) can be picked up at a discount if I just wait a couple of months.

I don't care how much money they are, so long as we get a very wide spectrum of figures and the quality stays the same or gets better. I'd rather see a high quality line than a line that compromises quality for price point.

If price is an issue, just don't be a completist. One should only buy what they want.

What I want is partly dependant on price.

When priced at a good value I might spend less on baseball games and more on toys. Or vice versa.

So its not like I have $1000 a year that I will for sure spend on toys and it makes no difference if they cost $100 or $50. At $50 each I might spend $2000 on toys and at $100 I might only spend $500.

Even though the quality of individual pieces have gone up, I was still much more excited by toys when they were just $50 each.

I'm just happy when they nail a character with an awesome figure. In recent history, I really dug the first Clone Trooper, AOTC Obi-Wan (though the CW Obi-Wan has the more desirable portrait), and Darth Vader. And if these figures were $200 each, I would have been fine with it.

want to buy some figures? just kidding. i can respect your taste, its just not the way i see it.

The ESB version of Yoda can not swap heads out with PT version Yoda. PT Yoda's hands and feet are not the same as ESB Yoda's. Same goes for the wardrobe. To much creative license occurred with the from scratch created CGI version of PT Yoda.

As for accessories. You have the bunsen burner styled lamp he holds, the box he was rummaging through to find that lamp, the lantern that was resting on top of that storage box, the fish tackle like box he was digging through for food, a log or tree base for him to sit or perch on, the blue backpack Luke carried him in, a cooking kettle, a wooden bowl, a wooden spoon, a boa snake, a lizard, his cane and his flute. A big accessory could be a 1/6th version of his hut.

Very excited to see what this fig looks like. The head shape in the teaser looks about right to me. The image cuts off before the top tips of his ears would be visible. I hope they figured out way to distress his robe to make it look tattered like it did in the film. It looks like they brushed the original raw india silk robe to cause random knots and lumps in the film.

yodacomps1.jpg

I loved the ep2 cgi yoda. It showed how awesome he was with his lightsaer and also a very good level of realism. Would buy it in a beat

The costume was perfect.

Which is why I said he just needed a better base body and the Clone head, the rest of the package was great. I'm even thinking of getting a second to swap the tunic on my ROTS figure, better color than the ROTS tunic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back