Sideshow 1/6 Yoda Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange that it's no on the site though, especially if it's up on FB and Twitter.

I like his wonky eyes in rotj. I think they lend to the sickly feeling yoda should have. I am an pt + ot = SW guy too but replacing ESB/ROTJ Yoda with CGI is crazy talk.

Can they replace Hayden with a better CGI actor while they're at it? That would :rock:rock:rock!

Funny how a small teaser pic turned into a discussion about the merits of CGI :lol

Definitely excited about this one... Yoda is the last Jedi I need in the collection. I'd actually prefer a PT at this point as I'm very happy with the repainted Medicom version.

I wonder if Sideshow will go with a fully articulated body, or follow Medicom's example.

I'm hoping they go all out on the figure... and maybe can reuse the body for other tiny guys like Jawas and Ugnaughts :rock

I wonder if Sideshow will go with a fully articulated body, or follow Medicom's example.

I'm hoping they go all out on the figure... and maybe can reuse the body for other tiny guys like Jawas and Ugnaughts :rock

Agreed. I'll be highly disappointed if he's not fully articulated. If Hasbro can do it for the itsy bitsy Clone Wars Yoda, I expect no less from Sideshow.

Unless he came with an environmental piece, I can't see releasing a PT or OT Yoda by itself, there isn't that much for him to come with.

PT - Cane, Lightsaber
OT - Cane, Backpack

Pretty weak really unless you pack them together or inlcude some sort of Dagobah environment or his council chair or the hover chair from AOTC.

For the ESB version you have the lamp Luke gave him, the food he took from Luke , they can also pay homage too Kenner and include a snake

For the ESB version you have the lamp Luke gave him, the food he took from Luke , they can also pay homage too Kenner and include a snake

That wouldn't justify a $90 price tag in my book. Maybe some weathered duds for Bespin Luke and the backpack?

Other than enviroment pieces, I can't imagine what could be included with individually packaged Yoda figures that'll make people comfortable with the price tag.

Maybe the selling power of Star Wars will help, but if people felt $70 was too much for Frodo and Sam, who were much more intricate in costume and goodies than Yoda, I can't imagine what it'd take for people to be comfy with $70 or more for a lone Yoda without some environmental piece included. I think $120 with a second Yoda or environmental piece would sit better with folks than $70 for just a Yoda and a couple little accessories.

Although RS is usually fairly reliable for information. I can not help but wonder where they got this image.

Other than enviroment pieces, I can't imagine what could be included with individually packaged Yoda figures that'll make people comfortable with the price tag.

Maybe a part of the interior of his home with the Kettle and some bowls?

Maybe a part of the interior of his home with the Kettle and some bowls?

I am good with a bare naked "mini-pro" with a Yoda portrait, and Yoda hands and feet for 125.00.

A Dagobah Luke with Yoda could be a good seller... I wouldn't mind an improved sculpt as the first Bespin looked very shocked :lol

Maybe the selling power of Star Wars will help, but if people felt $70 was too much for Frodo and Sam, who were much more intricate in costume and goodies than Yoda, I can't imagine what it'd take for people to be comfy with $70 or more for a lone Yoda without some environmental piece included. I think $120 with a second Yoda or environmental piece would sit better with folks than $70 for just a Yoda and a couple little accessories.

Or $70 with interchangeable heads for PT and OT versions. That'd force everyone who likes both to buy 2 and would also appeal to the elitists. :lol

Or $70 with interchangeable heads for PT and OT versions. That'd force everyone who likes both to buy 2 and would also appeal to the elitists. :lol

You can't really do that though, his costume varied, and I don't see SS skipping out on a detail like that. If it were swappable heads and clothes, then yeah.

I couldn't do it. Not even with the mention of a "facebook gift card" for the people following on facebook. I am simply too averted to those websites to be able to create an account on one. Even to follow Sideshow on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back