Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received my figure yesterday and am very happy with it.
Here he is boxing up the ark. The box is unfinished (that is why there is a rubber band holding it together) and i want to to the same to the other side with the logo but burn it like it was on the boat.

Very nice work on the crate. The burnt swastika should look damn cool

Got mine yestuerday for $40 from my LOC really like it the only loose part is the hips!!

I love taking photos of this figure. :)

118nkia.jpg

One thing I don't understand about this figure that I'm going to correct tonight, why did Sideshow stitch the corners of the collar down. I noticed them all over the place in the stills I was replicating last night and it's just a few small stitches pinning it down to the chest so I'm going to cut them.

One thing I don't understand about this figure that I'm going to correct tonight, why did Sideshow stitch the corners of the collar down. I noticed them all over the place in the stills I was replicating last night and it's just a few small stitches pinning it down to the chest so I'm going to cut them.

I questioned that myself, but they did it to make sure the collar falls properly. If you cut it, you run the risk of them sticking straight out like they do on most other figures.

Its worth a try though. You can always stitch them back. Try one first.

Well, I can understand that, hopefully the time in production stuck down has shaped it enough, but retying it down should be easy enough. I also have a second jacket coming, I got my shirt for TOD conversion in an auction that included the jacket, so I figure I can use that jacket for weathering attempts and all and if I screw it up, oh well.

Very nice job on the crate indy65.:rock Could you give a few details about how you made it?

I first had to figure out the scale of the crate. Once I did that I took the picture of the crate from "From Star Wars to Indiana Jones: The Best of the Lucasfilm Archives" and re-sized it in Photoshop. For the wood i used basswood and cut them using an x-acto knife and razor saw. I put it together using elmers glue and stained it. I also distressed it a little with a scotch brite pad. For the stencil i took the picture of the crate that i re-sized and printed it out onto a transparency and cut it out. Then i put it over the one side of the crate and used a sponge to dab black paint over it. Eventually i will finish it with some fake nails and the burnt swastika on the other side.

Love this! The work and detail you've put into the clothng is just wonderful, from the weathering on the jacket, to the bullethole on the sleeve.. the blood... the better colour of his shirt... sweat stains... blood on his gloves....just everything. looks like he's come right out of the film.

Excellent work my friend!!! :whip

its kinda wierld to me that this figure can look perfect proportion wise, but in some other pics the head looks too big..

its kinda wierld to me that this figure can look perfect proportion wise, but in some other pics the head looks too big..

Plenty of figures like that, photographing collectibles is challenging if you really want to serve the piece best, lots of work figuring out which lighting setup favors it, camera angle, etc. I posted 10 pictures or so of Indy the other night, I probably shot over 30 to get that.

Finally got my Indy today. I've barely had time to mess around with him but straight away he is a contender for favorite 12" figure. Probably doesn't hurt that my last 12" purchase is standing next to him. :lol
Anybody who's bummed out by Indy's issues should get themselves a nice cheap-clothing, Buck-body, lazy eyed Lara. And I even LIKE Lara. But man...after a long wait and a lot of anticipation....Indy is a TREAT. :rock

indylara.jpg

Plenty of figures like that, photographing collectibles is challenging if you really want to serve the piece best, lots of work figuring out which lighting setup favors it, camera angle, etc. I posted 10 pictures or so of Indy the other night, I probably shot over 30 to get that.

I know lenses can effect this greatly, but it's best to eye level the camera at the waist or hips to depict a whole figure's true proportions. Most have the camera level with the shoulders or head which makes the head appear larger then it really is.
That said, the head is just a very small tad too large which is exacerbated by the narrow shoulders of the Pro.

Ya, as far as anatomical shape, the Pro is great, proportions probably a hair off. The upper body could be broader, not just the shoulders, but it'd make the shoulders broader too. Not trying to stir anything, but the current torso proportions are more suited to a Medicom sized head on the figure, not a more common sized head like SSC and HT use.

It's not the years, sweetheart, it's the mileage...

P1000697.jpg

This is definitely my favourite repaint so far - thanks for posting these. I LOVE the blood on the knuckles.

If you have time, could you go into some details about how you did it/ what you used, and in particular how you redid the stubble? Thanks.

Back