Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is definitely my favourite repaint so far - thanks for posting these. I LOVE the blood on the knuckles.

If you have time, could you go into some details about how you did it/ what you used, and in particular how you redid the stubble? Thanks.

Thanks a lot. I'm really having a great time with this figure and enjoy seeing what everyone is doing with him.

I wanted to capture the look Indy had from the Flying Wing fight to the truck chase. These scenes left an indelible impression on me as a kid and sum up what Indy is all about. It was the first movie fight I saw where blood went flying. I remember thinking: "That's what it would really be like."

Used acrylic for a complete head repaint. I'm not completely happy with the beard yet and may try it again. I really look forward to seeing what someone with Darren's experience can do. Once I had my basic flesh tone mixed and the face basically covered I began adding a little black and brown to it to get subtle gradations to add to the stubble area. I even tried brushing individual whiskers for while before deciding they would be too big. In reality, the beard I painted doesn't hold up to well at extreme close-up. Dry brushing vs. individual strokes seems like the way to go for me but again I can't wait to see what others do.

Once I had the general shape of the beard down, it seemed a little too dark so I actually dry brushed some of the flesh color back on top to tone it down. I'm a big fan of pastels so I used a touch of red and orange for his cheeks, ears, and nose to add some blush and a tan. I used black and brown pastels to soften the beard and to add some finer gradations.

Hope that makes sense. PM me for more details.

For the shirt I dropped a little black and brown acrylic in some water. I soaked the shirt a few times and let it dry. I repeated this until it look the right color and suitably grimy. Once it was dry I added sweat stains to the chest, back, and arm pits.

I used sand paper to wear the belt and pants. The jacket was hours of kneeding and general scrunching. It didn't take sand paper too well.

I then dry brushed light brown and gray acrylic all over him. I'd actually like to add more dust to his shoulders.

Can't wait to see what others do. There are endless variations that people can do with Indy and I'm loving what I've seen so far. Indy is a great figure to start learning to weather because you can't really mess him up. He just gets better looking the more beat up he is.

P1000744.jpg

Love this! The work and detail you've put into the clothng is just wonderful, from the weathering on the jacket, to the bullethole on the sleeve.. the blood... the better colour of his shirt... sweat stains... blood on his gloves....just everything. looks like he's come right out of the film.

Excellent work my friend!!! :whip

Thanks Darren. Means a lot coming from you. Your mantra of "The actor in 1/6 form" has been something to strive for. Cannot wait to see what you do with him. You're going to have a blast.

I questioned that myself, but they did it to make sure the collar falls properly. If you cut it, you run the risk of them sticking straight out like they do on most other figures.

Its worth a try though. You can always stitch them back. Try one first.

Or put some wire in the collar ?

Thanks a lot. I'm really having a great time with this figure and enjoy seeing what everyone is doing with him.

I wanted to capture the look Indy had from the Flying Wing fight to the truck chase. These scenes left an indelible impression on me as a kid and sum up what Indy is all about. It was the first movie fight I saw where blood went flying. I remember thinking: "That's what it would really be like."

Used acrylic for a complete head repaint. I'm not completely happy with the beard yet and may try it again. I really look forward to seeing what someone with Darren's experience can do. Once I had my basic flesh tone mixed and the face basically covered I began adding a little black and brown to it to get subtle gradations to add to the stubble area. I even tried brushing individual whiskers for while before deciding they would be too big. In reality, the beard I painted doesn't hold up to well at extreme close-up. Dry brushing vs. individual strokes seems like the way to go for me but again I can't wait to see what others do.

Once I had the general shape of the beard down, it seemed a little too dark so I actually dry brushed some of the flesh color back on top to tone it down. I'm a big fan of pastels so I used a touch of red and orange for his cheeks, ears, and nose to add some blush and a tan. I used black and brown pastels to soften the beard and to add some finer gradations.

Hope that makes sense. PM me for more details.

For the shirt I dropped a little black and brown acrylic in some water. I soaked the shirt a few times and let it dry. I repeated this until it look the right color and suitably grimy. Once it was dry I added sweat stains to the chest, back, and arm pits.

I used sand paper to wear the belt and pants. The jacket was hours of kneeding and general scrunching. It didn't take sand paper too well.

I then dry brushed light brown and gray acrylic all over him. I'd actually like to add more dust to his shoulders.

Can't wait to see what others do. There are endless variations that people can do with Indy and I'm loving what I've seen so far. Indy is a great figure to start learning to weather because you can't really mess him up. He just gets better looking the more beat up he is.

P1000744.jpg

Oustanding Rugby! I wanted to ask what color or colors you used to repaint Indy's fedora hat. It looks more brown, like it should be in your picture. The fedora from Sideshow looks a little grayish, brown to me. A darker tone. At least mine does. Let me know what you did with the hat. If you repainted. If not, mabye it's just the lighting in your picture. The hat looks great too! :D

Oustanding Rugby! I wanted to ask what color or colors you used to repaint Indy's fedora hat. It looks more brown, like it should be in your picture. The fedora from Sideshow looks a little grayish, brown to me. A darker tone. At least mine does. Let me know what you did with the hat. If you repainted. If not, mabye it's just the lighting in your picture. The hat looks great too! :D

I did repaint it. A bit of guess work really. I painted the whole thing Burnt Umber which is a dark color. I then did a new, lighter color made up of burnt umber, a little yellow, a little red... and a little white. I kind of played with it until I found a shade that felt okay and dry brushed this over the dark color so the dark still could be seen in a few spots. If I were to do it again I might try a LITTLE more red.

In hindsight I'm thinking of adding a but more dust to it to match the jacket, etc.

First, Indy with the strings removed from the collar so it's not tied down to the jacket.

15.jpg

And just a moody shot.

16.jpg

One of my favorite features of this figure are the fists! In my mind Indy's always been the ultimate scrapper, so those were a real treat for me.

I let him loose on my shelves to show-off some of his signature punches thanks to SS's diverse hand assortment:

100_3222-1.jpg

100_3225-1.jpg

100_3223.jpg

100_3273-1.jpg

What jacket is that he's wearing?

It's from a custom I bought on ebay a while back. I never could get the guy to tell me what he made it from, but I've always really liked it. The rest of the figure, well besides the custom leather belt, was crap though. Now that "other Indy" is sporting the SS jacket.

It needs some weathering but I've been to lazy and scared to touch it.

Not the greatest lighting, but you get the picture. I had to use the open hand from a HT truetype body. It's nice that Sideshow gave us both gloved and ungloved hands, but would it have killed them to include one open hand?

indy12pf.jpg

GREAT work Rugby! I LOVE what you did with the blood and extra damage, great attention to detail and you certainly captured the moment perfectly. :rock

And Ashton... hilarious pics, especially that last one. :lol

Back