Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9.jpg

Maulfan, these are the pics I have been waiting for! Your photos always seem to capture the figures true, in-hand, likeness. Bravo to you sir!

CelticP , awesome job on the weathering! I am always half tempted to try things like this, but can never bring myself to do it. I've weathered, repainted, body swapped, head swapped, and horse whipped plenty of Hasbro figures in my day, but could never pull the trigger on a Sideshow figure for some reason. I guess because, if I screw it up, I can't just run down to Wal-Mart and pick up another one.

Also, I feel ya on that pistol! I damn near broke mine the one and only time I tried opening it. I severely stressed the plastic and the clyinder went flying across the room. I almost had a heart attack carefully bending it back into place. I will never, EVER, try it again!

Thanks! Oh and its not hard for me. Its my figure. If I ^^^^ up...I ^^^^ up. I have to learn to live with it. Which is why i'm VVVEEEEERRRY careful now....and I tested it first on Hasbro's jacket.

Maulfan, your photography is incredible. Sideshow should use you to bring something new to each figure instead of their boring house style. I've always enjoyed your pics, but with these you've managed to bring out the iconic nature of the subject matter beautifully. They're more than just pictures of an action figure, you're getting right into the heart of what makes Indy special.

More please!

Lowered the hat on indy, not really drastic, just so that the brim of the hat is at the top of his ears, and the front sits level with the top of his eyes, which seems accurate to how he generally wore it from the pics i looked at. Its minor difference but enough to look better to me:
indyhatfix.jpg

And one random pic
ssindylit.jpg

Well, I got mine today :banana:whip:chew:naughty:D:monkey5

It's certainly not a perfect figure, but it's easily my favorite piece. And that's from a collection consisting of a lot of customs, Hot Toys, etc. I can't even put the bastard in my detolf...he's standing on my desk next to the monitor.

I'll try to post some pics later.

Celtic, I think you're more talented then you let on. Looks like you did some acrylic work on that Hasbro gun? If not, I'm actually impressed by Hasbro's work for a change. And are you going to try for a replacement gun from SS?

Maulfan, those stills are freaking awesome :rock

Lowered the hat on indy, not really drastic, just so that the brim of the hat is at the top of his ears, and the front sits level with the top of his eyes, which seems accurate to how he generally wore it from the pics i looked at. Its minor difference but enough to look better to me:
indyhatfix.jpg

And one random pic
ssindylit.jpg

Is the hat adjustable? if so you may find if you give it a little tilt to either side it may look more realistic

indyhatfix.jpg

And one random pic
ssindylit.jpg

How did you do that????????????????

Celtic, I think you're more talented then you let on. Looks like you did some acrylic work on that Hasbro gun? If not, I'm actually impressed by Hasbro's work for a change. And are you going to try for a replacement gun from SS?

[

I did a little. I need to re do it. I chipped all the paint off.

And I can't get a new gun, due to I didnt order it from SS. But If they dont mind sending me a gun....:monkey3

To lower the hat i first yanked it off the giant square peg that is the top of his head, cut a section off of that, then shaved the square sides off the inside of the hat, then i just picked the height i wanted on his head, and took the xacto to around his head cutting out a small ring of his head so the hat could be put down lower.

Then glued it on.

Just received my figure yesterday and am very happy with it.
Here he is boxing up the ark. The box is unfinished (that is why there is a rubber band holding it together) and i want to to the same to the other side with the logo but burn it like it was on the boat.

That crate brings to mind the movie magic of Raiders. Indy and Sallah carry the ark over to the crate with the poles, then it's boxed up without them because the crate's just big enough for the ark, then they get to the Nazi island and magically the poles are there again to carry it to the alter.

Back