Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like a "that's what she said" is in order here... Hopefully I'm getting a new dome as mine has some problems. With luck I might get one of the "hardly noticeable" ones.

Definitely get another dome. You'll see, really -- believe me, if it was bad in the slightest you'd be hearing everyone here going on about it.

WOW! So no more gold stickers...??? The old days really are gone now, aren't they?

Both Rex and Pliskin came with one. Not sure why R2 missed out.

Edit: Except those are silver stickers.

Definitely get another dome. You'll see, really -- believe me, if it was bad in the slightest you'd be hearing everyone hear going on about it.

Fingers crossed. Waiting on Sideshows reply to the pics I sent.

Just took this picture with flash, momaw i think you should speak with sideshow about your dome/ qc issues. I don't think they even tried on your one :gah:
20150207_094745.jpg

Just got mine. He's perfect. Trying to figure out the light controls.

Step 1: on/off switch under the dome.

Step 2: Locate large blue panel on R2's dome right side (left side when facing R2).

Step 3: one touch on panel to switch lights on.

Step 4: one more touch on panel to switch projector on.

Step 5: one more touch on panel to turn everything off.

Step 1: on/off switch under the dome.

Step 2: Locate large blue panel on R2's dome right side (left side when facing R2).

Step 3: one touch on panel to switch lights on.

Step 4: one more touch on panel to switch projector on.

Step 5: one more touch on panel to turn everything off.

Cheers. Finally figured it out.

Just got an email from Sideshow saying a replacement dome has been booked and will be sent out shortly. :yess:

I really do love Sideshow customer service.

Wow pretty let down with this figure, got it just now opened it up and a bunch of the attachments were just rolling around inside the box. The left hand panel was detached and the top projector is pushed into the dome. I could not get the lightsaber door to open and the front "arms" flop around when you pick the figure up. the overall look is great, but the figure feels like a plastic model put together with glue. He will be going back to Sideshow, this was not the droid I was looking for unfortunately.

Wow pretty let down with this figure, got it just now opened it up and a bunch of the attachments were just rolling around inside the box. The left hand panel was detached and the top projector is pushed into the dome. I could not get the lightsaber door to open and the front "arms" flop around when you pick the figure up. the overall look is great, but the figure feels like a plastic model put together with glue. He will be going back to Sideshow, this was not the droid I was looking for unfortunately.

This figure has been a surprisingly controversial release! It looks great in pics but clearly holding it in-hand is a more complicated story.

I missed my Fedex driver...:gah: Really want this in-hand to judge for myself.

I just got mine and it's great.
I just can't figure out how to get the lights to work.
Which panel are people talking about to push or touch?
Can some one take a pic pointing to it?
Only other thing is one of his front doors just flys open its very loose.

Mine was missing the sticker too.

I have the EX brown shipper so I guess that's good enough.

Mine was missing the EX sticker as well, I called SS and it's supposed to have the sticker, they are mailing me the EX sticker and the orange dot sticker to go on the bottom of the box.

Hmmm... I don't think mine had an exclusive sticker either. Just the shipper that said exclusive I think. Did anybody have the sticker??

Back