Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty nice there. Need updated boushh and slave Leia. I wonder if this is holding up HT Bespin Lando in any way?

Looks pretty nice there. Need updated boushh and slave Leia. I wonder if this is holding up HT Bespin Lando in any way?
I don't see why it would be. This is a completely different looking Lando and its not like the two haven't released competing versions of characters before.

I don't see why it would be. This is a completely different looking Lando and its not like the two haven't released competing versions of characters before.

Probably isn't just surprising that Bespin Han and Lando were not at SDCC.

Probably isn't just surprising that Bespin Han and Lando were not at SDCC.
I kind of wonder if they’re saving those because they’re two of the last big Original Trilogy reveals.

Things that I think are likely:
Return of the Jedi
Leia (the question is Boushh, slave, Endor Rebel gear, or Endor dress)
Han (largely the same as his A New Hope look but add the long coat he wears on Endor)
Vader (another that’s basically a re-release with some minor differences and a couple new display options like an unmasked sculpt and a severed right hand)
Scout Trooper
Wicket (probably)

I think they’re done with A New Hope. Lando and Han are the big reveals from The Empire Strikes Back that are left. The only other characters that need releases are R2 and 3PO.

I kind of wonder if they’re saving those because they’re two of the last big Original Trilogy reveals.

Return of the Jedi
Han (largely the same as his A New Hope look but add the long coat he wears on Endor)
Vader (another that’s basically a re-release with some minor differences and a couple new display options like an unmasked sculpt and a severed right hand)
Scout Trooper
Wicket (probably)

I think they’re done with A New Hope. Lando and Han are the big reveals from The Empire Strikes Back that are left. The only other characters that need releases are R2 and 3PO.
It’ll be interesting to see where they go after they run out of all the different looks for the main characters. Mind you, those different outfits alone could keep HT easily going for the next few years.

It’ll be interesting to see where they go after they run out of all the different looks for the main characters. Mind you, those different outfits alone could keep HT easily going for the next few years.
Yeah. There’s always prequel figures that can go on for a while and whatever new characters come about from future films and shows.

Return of the Jedi
Scout Trooper
Wicket (probably)

Well I am waiting for the likes of Veers, Ackbar, Nien Numb, 2-1B, Greedo, Lobot etc

I hope we eventually get a Leia Endor, Gonk and Death Star Trooper. (And Baze).

The likes of Lando, Leia Boushh, Scout Trooper and Han Bespin will get made.

The others I can just waite it out for.

Well I am waiting for the likes of Veers, Ackbar, Nien Numb, 2-1B, Greedo, Lobot etc

I hope we eventually get a Leia Endor, Gonk and Death Star Trooper. (And Baze).

The likes of Lando, Leia Boushh, Scout Trooper and Han Bespin will get made.

The others I can just waite it out for.

We all know the anh v2 heroes are not too far away. I’d bet within 3 years we get new farm boy, smuggler, and obi.
This is the year for the minor characters to show up. Nothing new movie wise- should mean we get one or two background characters. Doubtful though, I’m sure it will be prequel city.

We all know the anh v2 heroes are not too far away. I’d bet within 3 years we get new farm boy, smuggler, and obi.
This is the year for the minor characters to show up. Nothing new movie wise- should mean we get one or two background characters. Doubtful though, I’m sure it will be prequel city.
I don't know about that. Hot Toys doesn't generally re-release a bunch of figures. All the figures that came out are at least decent even though a couple sculpts could be improved.

I’m with you guys there are so many great OT figures left to do I sure hope HTs gets to them all. At least give us Bespin Lando and the freakin Death Star Trooper!

I’m with you guys there are so many great OT figures left to do I sure hope HTs gets to them all. At least give us Bespin Lando and the freakin Death Star Trooper!
I actually disagree. For core characters the amount Hot Toys has left to make is dwindling. They’ve churned out what they have pretty fast really if you think about it. Pretty much they have to finish off Return of the Jedi. Add in Bespin Han and Lando and R2 and 3PO. Possibly a Bespin Luke re-release.

We all have wishlists but I’m just going by what I realistically expect them to make.

There's also Hoth Han and Luke left to do!

And Scout Trooper and Ewoks. Still not sure if I'd buy an Ewok actually.

They've actually only released 4 figures from RotJ.

aeff9caa29128ff2802ff4510a5d0520.jpg

I actually disagree. For core characters the amount Hot Toys has left to make is dwindling. They’ve churned out what they have pretty fast really if you think about it. Pretty much they have to finish off Return of the Jedi. Add in Bespin Han and Lando and R2 and 3PO. Possibly a Bespin Luke re-release.

We all have wishlists but I’m just going by what I realistically expect them to make.

The Death Star Gunner shows that anything can be made and released.

They could release the Death Star Trooper at the drop of a hat. Or the Sandtrooper, Gonk, etc.

With Episode 9 still over a year away and the demand for ST figures fairly low, they can make figures from any source at any time.

I have a list of about 20 that I will buy should they ever materialise. Every chance someone will make them in the next decade.

My list of wanted 1/6 SW figs is still a mile long as well. I really want Krennic, Veers, and DS trooper.

The Death Star Gunner shows that anything can be made and released.

They could release the Death Star Trooper at the drop of a hat. Or the Sandtrooper, Gonk, etc.

With Episode 9 still over a year away and the demand for ST figures fairly low, they can make figures from any source at any time.

I have a list of about 20 that I will buy should they ever materialise. Every chance someone will make them in the next decade.
Right, but I’m just going off of what I expect to come out eventually. Other stuff like the Death Star Trooper, Gonk, etc. are just kinda welcome extras that are potential releases but not totally sure things at least in my opinion. The list I made a while ago was basically core characters or variations of characters that I would imagine come one way or another eventually.

Jeez, the months between preview and PO get obnoxious these days. The reality is when the PO finally arrives, there's a whole YEAR wait for ship date (Sideshow even had a year wait even on some re-releases of previous/old figures) so every month that goes by is another wasted.

I guess we should be thankful for every previewed figure that gets a PO - many don't. I was so relieved when I saw the Leia Bespin go up - meanwhile, the Endor heroes fade away.

What an experience 1/6 collecting has evolved into: nothing below $200, NRDs the standard + tax on internet sales too, many cool figs previewed but then never go to PO, anywhere up from a 12 month wait between PO and ship date.

Back