Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pics, Kool! Weathered up these are gonna look great. Worth the $220? Nope. But few 1/6 offerings nowadays are worth the asking price.

I think I would have felt better about these if they were more like $200 shipped. $220 plus another $20 or so shipped feels too high. Luckily I used a coupon code.

I used rewards points that helped ease the blow. Had these been under $200 shipped I'd of been tempted to get another set. Now, with these being a Sideshow only purchase, even buying sets or parted out sets from elsewhere isn't going to be as available.

Still thinking I'll just keep one--probably the tall one to have the blaster and such. The height seems really similar between the two, but still want to see how they both look on display before deciding.

Reminds me of the HT Stormtrooper difference a bit, but since they're supposed to be tiny it won't make much difference which I keep compared with other figures.

Do you have a favorite between the two yet? My memory seems to push me toward the little one since I never had the sense that there were more with the vests, blasters, etc.

Here's my review of the new Sideshow Collectibles 2-figure Jawa set. Overall, I'm happy with how they look on display, but there are certainly some areas that aren't so good. Hope you can check out the vid :)

Looks good with a bit of futzing as expected. Shame about the bodies being loose though.

How'd you get your Jawas so early, koolkollectibles? When did you P.O.? Doesn't seem like anyone else has these in-hand.

Quick summary.

Pros:
- The material of the inner suit and outer cloak I actually like. The inner is the usual stretchy material similar to spandex (eg. Hot Toys Superman). The outer cloak is a "onsie" type material that is pretty easy to futz and looks decent.

- The tattered edges on the hem around the bottom of the cloak and the sleeves looks decent. The weathered is not too noticeable since it's all brown, but is there especially around the bottom of the cloak as expected.

- The fake leather pouches and straps actually look really nice, and have a good tumbled leather texture to them. They dont feel too delicate either to move around. The use of different materials looks great too.

- The light up eyes are pretty nice, and even with lights off I find they look decent enough with the slightly reflective yellow translucent plastic used. Battery and switch on the back of the head is easily accessible.

- The hood is a bit of a pain to futz, but with two options for how the hood is wrapped around the head, it gives good options. Lots of fun for those that can futz properly.

Cons:
- The underlying body is the biggest negative. It feels too floppy in areas, especially the knees, thighs swivels, elbows, and bicep swivels. It does not feel of a good quality, and may be prone to breakages or things becoming unattached (eg. I was bending the elbow and the forearm came off. Not broken, just annoying I had to roll up the sleeve all the way to reattach).

- The blaster and droid caller holsters are too thin to actually place the accessories properly into them. At the factory, whoever packaged them shoved them all the way in, which deforms the holsters a little and makes it very hard to remove the accessories (be careful not to snap the blaster!!).

- The stands are pretty crap, but ultimately are a necessity since the figures do not stand on their own very well due to floppy knees and body.

Summary:
Overall despite the negatives, I'm actually pretty happy with them. I think they do look nice on display, especially with the droids. Are they worth $220? That's borderline I would say. With the pros and cons above, I would say a price around $180-$190 would be OK. But in the end, they're pretty nice representations of the characters, especially for fans of the first movie.

Thanks for sharing the photos and for the review as well.:goodpost:
I'm still waiting for my to arrive in a few days.

How'd you get your Jawas so early, koolkollectibles? When did you P.O.? Doesn't seem like anyone else has these in-hand.

I preordered directly from sideshow. But most figures they now ship straight out of HK to Australia now, so we don't have to wait until stock arrives in the USA and sideshow ship to us from there. So sometimes if it releases in HK, we get them pretty quickly. Quite a few other Aussie collectors got theirs on Friday too.

Bumping this....

Here's my review of the new Sideshow Collectibles 2-figure Jawa set. Overall, I'm happy with how they look on display, but there are certainly some areas that aren't so good. Hope you can check out the vid :)

THANK YOU for the great in depth look at these. Really excited now...looks like they have lots of futzing opportunities and will look pretty cool on display.

Now I can't wait to get'em out in the desert later this summer....

Back