Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree with you Mad Old Lu. I'm very torn about picking these up. I feel like if I don't my tatoonie collection will be incomplete.

I really wanted this set to be great! Then I could justify the price, but after the review, and still being annoyed by some recent quality control issues I've had with SS. I'm going to pass.

This was the set I wanted to finish up with, but aside from the accessories it's just not knocking me over.

Last edited:
Sideshow really need to step up their quality control, cheap loose bodies on $200 figures is unacceptable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'l go back to what I've been saying for a while... Sideshow has not earned the right to charge the prices they are for 1/6 figures these days. Not with their QC issues and corner-cutting.

I love Sideshow, but damn.

Last edited:
Sideshow needs to improve the quality on their 1/6 figures and the bodies they are built on. The floppy bodies are why I basically stopped buying SS.

Mad Old Lu has hit the nail on the head. I would have considered these but I hate floppy bodies and these ones will be almost impossible to replace. I could deal with that on a regular sized human figure - where you can do the work to make it acceptable, even though you shouldn't have to - but To be stuck with figures that felt cheap in hand and which I couldn't pose easily would annoy me. A shame because I'm sure more pictures and futzing will bring out more good things about them.

:lol

I've prolly gotten close to 50 SS figures since Indy.

Or maybe I don't exaggerate issues as much as others.

SSF Logic:
Crooked plates on SS Boba = Sideshow Sucks.
Crooked plates on HT Boba = Makes it look realistic.

:lol

I've prolly gotten close to 50 SS figures since Indy.

Or maybe I don't exaggerate issues as much as others.

SSF Logic:
Crooked plates on SS Boba = Sideshow Sucks.
Crooked plates on HT Boba = Makes it look realistic.

The complaints re: Sideshow chest armor was that it was boxy and bulky. The complaints re:HT was the little hex center armor piece was misaligned. And I don't think anyone said the HT misalignment made it look realistic - people seemed to be mildly upset about it, but it just wasn't a big enough deal to seek an exchange for most people.

So the SSC error was pretty major (affecting the overall look of his torso and therefore the figure) whereas the HT error was more subtle, and could indeed be explained away as Fett's armor does shift a bit scene by scene (though not in the way the HT figure's misalignment looked.)

And overall, I've been pretty lucky with SSC bodies too (I was very happy with my Hoth bodies,) but when they're bad, they can be really bad. The recent issue with TOD Indy's arm (seemingly most being accidentally glued internally, fusing a crucial posing joint) was pretty glaring and widespread - on a $240 figure. And my SSC Tusken body is THE worst 1/6 body I've ever had from any company.

I think the bottom line is - you could get away with floppy bodies when you charge under $100 for your figures. But you try charging well over $200 for a figure and you have a floppy or low quality body - watch out.

I have mostly clones and a few other older figures. Some are fine like the two Vaders, some are totally acceptable if not perfect but just about half are plain awful. However almost all of them would be benefitted by replacing the bodies with any no-name or knock-off chinese body from ebay, I don't know if that's me being to fussy. What really gets on my nerves is when I have multiples of one figure and one is decent but the other can't lift it's arms to hold up the weapon. :gah:

The stock sideshow bodies range from bad to effing terrible. They often have weak floppy joints unable to hold a pose. Some are just designed terribly, like the scout who needs dremmel treatment to naturally hang it's arms at its sides. It is also impossible to achieve a sniper pose without a body swap.

More first impressions.

Damn the bodies are floppy as all hell! The joints feel very loose, and one of the hands just popped right off out of the box. Scared me because the furry thing around the wrist came off with it and I wasnt expecting something furry lol!!!

That's sad to hear; although not surprising the Hobbit bodies were bad as well as the first Yoda. The PT Yoda was tightened up though, so maybe when they rerelease this exact same set for $235 in a year we'll get an improved body :lol

I'l go back to what I've been saying for a while... Sideshow has not earned the right to charge the prices they are for 1/6 figures these days. Not with their QC issues and corner-cutting.

I love Sideshow, but damn.

I completely agree... if they could deliver a prototype level figure I'd be singing their praises and gladly forking over the asking price. But it's gotten ridiculous when the are charging more than what Hot Toys is charging per figure and delivering something I'd expect from Asmus or a grey-market company.

These look decent, but I wouldn't want to pay more than $150 for the set... and the Snowspeeder Luke for $270 is insanity :lol

Recently I decided to take the weathering off my Luke x-wing helmet and while I was doing it I looked at a lot of screen caps from the film. Only after i'd done this did I realise how poor the paint job on the helmet is. They haven't even tried to make it look like the one in the film. Compare this with the HT Boba Fett paint applications. No doubt Fett fans could find lots of places on the helmet where it doesn't match the prop, but at least there's no doubting that they tried, and the finish is of a high standard. The sheer lack of effort in the X-wing Luke helmet paint job is shocking when you consider the price.

Is solo offering his yet? They look awesome.

I still have to have some Jawas so I'm exactly the kind of person Sideshow loves. :)

Is solo offering his yet? They look awesome.

I don't think he's going to. Many people have inquired and nothing yet. It's likely too much work to make a run. I do believe there was a cloak run a while back though -- that's where solo_bones got his cloak. I'd be interested in a new run of that -- maybe save the SS Jawa with a better cloak (since the gun and pouches look good).

I am willing to do another run. People ask me but then I believe I reply and I don't hear back. But if you are interested ping me...

Recently I decided to take the weathering off my Luke x-wing helmet and while I was doing it I looked at a lot of screen caps from the film. Only after i'd done this did I realise how poor the paint job on the helmet is. They haven't even tried to make it look like the one in the film. Compare this with the HT Boba Fett paint applications. No doubt Fett fans could find lots of places on the helmet where it doesn't match the prop, but at least there's no doubting that they tried, and the finish is of a high standard. The sheer lack of effort in the X-wing Luke helmet paint job is shocking when you consider the price.

I agree on the helmet - it has a somewhat Hasbro look about the paint app and was pretty lazy for the price (it looks more like it was stored in a smoker household than been in battle,) but when it comes to Fett, it was HT that made little effort to match the weathering, and SSC who went all-out and matched the weathering pretty much exaxctly. Even if it was done over Kermit-green as the overall color, and HT's was far more accurate.

My desire to have a Jawa on my shelf has waned. That's probably a good thing.

I'd rather spend this kind of money on a solo_bones Jawa kit.

Yeah, I'm passing on these (unless I can get them for close to $50 below retail.) If my custom Jawa doesn't yield results pronto, I'm going with Solo-bones' one. Just in an overall sense, his look like a shrunken-down Jawa from the movie, can't say these do based on any pics I've seen so far.

Back