Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like you might be able to bulk up the body and fix the eyes with material and a sharpe. The accessories could be tweaked by futzing them properly....but there is no fixing those hoods and robes....they are what they are.

I'm holding out hope that those pictures are just not very good and that these can look better with futzing. I know the robes are what they are though which sucks. It's a shame as I've been anticipating these guys. I wouldn't have thought that Sideshow would screw them up when they're relatively basic..

They just look like they need serious work. Given how long it's taken for them to release it seems crazy they'd end up looking this bad. I will give them until some more pics come out but like you said, not promising.

I think I might take up solo_bones on a commssion at some point if he's keen, his Jawas are the benchmark at this point.

SSC should just get out of the 1/6 SW game, or get into 'parts' kits or something.

Simply awful...the material they used for the cloaks ruins the figure, and Jawa cloaks are 80% of the figure. What a waist of production efforts!!!:slap
you do not need to see further pics, the material will not change. Cancelled!

jawas_42e63e07.jpeg

BTW, does anyone have a safe solotuion for removing super glue residuals that is on plastic/vinyl. One of my babies broke and I attempted to repair with super glue. The repair was successful but it left nasty white residual around the repaired area. I would greatly appreciate any advise.

Yeah. Don't use super glue.

I honestly don't know why so many people on this board recommend it for anything. A 2 part epoxy makes for a stronger bond, with no danger of "bloom".

Why is it the first photos available are always from someone with NO idea how to futz or pose a figure?

lol the worst are the ones who literally pull it out the box and dont even straighten out the arms and say JUST TAKEN OUT AND NOT FUTZED . like really? guess some people have a goal to be the 1st to post pics

I still have them on order. If I can get them to look like this I'll be okay. Probably still gonna just go with one though.
star-wars-jawa-sixth-scale-set-100122-09.jpg

These would be ok. But if they are more like those other awful pics it's cancel time. Wish HT could have just made these guys but they leave all the secondary characters to SS.

I was so excited for these guys. Sad that those pics don't look good. I still have my order and will keep it but just shows I shouldn't pre-order anything from Sideshow and wait for in-hand photos. I have 4-LOM on order, I hope he turns out better.

Back