Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now here's a duo Sideshow can reissue together to make some good coin...

JAWA AND R5.jpg

Still dig those Sideshow jawas...and that R5 is pretty good too.

I bring that up because of the high fever over HT doing their own versions of the jawa and the Tusken Raider. jawa didn't turn out so hot. The raider...well, the proto looks good. We'll see in a couple of years how it makes ot through production.

HT putting out these figures doesn't diminish Sideshow's achievement with them. Still dig those Sideshow figures!

I ended up getting a second pair of SS Jawas and skipped HT's, all together.

I've heard that R5's only negative is that it may be slightly under-scaled. I honestly don't see it. It is well detailed and painted. I don't see it being replaced in my collection, either.

Thankful I got the SS set and R5. Honestly I don't see the HT versions as an upgrade at all. The main appeal for the HT set was the Gonk droid which from what I've read feels cheap. I would have bought the set if it was $50 less to add another Jawa and for the Gonk but after seeing the posts about the HT set I am glad I didn't . Wish HT would have released the two Gonks as a set that were previewed a few years ago. I don't see HT adding much to R5-D4.

I ended up getting a second pair of SS Jawas and skipped HT's, all together.

I've heard that R5's only negative is that it may be slightly under-scaled. I honestly don't see it. It is well detailed and painted. I don't see it being replaced in my collection, either.
R5 may be my favorite Sideshow figure I own.

R5 may be my favorite Sideshow figure I own.

Yeah the SSC R5 is a pretty stellar figure - something about the paintwork that looks incredibly realistic, a more convincing figure than the SSC R2.

tbh I thought the Ht R5 prototype was very lackluster, but at least if it gets made it will mean Jawa V.2 from HT, which they need to do. I'm still p*ssed off over V.1.:lol

An HT R5 is probably more likely now given his appearance in Mandalorian. Lol

The Sideshow version is nice, but I still miss the heavier weathering that the proto had. I've been meaning to dirty mine up more but haven't gotten around to it yet.

They do look pretty good overall. Sideshow did a good job with the robes and how they’re weathered. I don’t like the bodies and also I don’t really like how hoods are separate pieces.

Back