Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those still complaining about the thumbs.....

I have a question for you.

Is every single square inch of your house/apartment absolutely perfect?

giphy.gif

Nice pics, Batty. Answered my questions about whether the legs could be positioned very close together.

I like that the first photo was the magazine shot and the second was behind the scenes. :clap

Nice pics, Batty. Answered my questions about whether the legs could be positioned very close together.

I like that the first photo was the magazine shot and the second was behind the scenes. :clap

Thank you! Yes, he's pretty posable. I'm happy with the arm movements too. At first I was worried about the postons, but as long as you're careful, there aren't any issues.

I'm so disappointed to hear about (and see) all the issues and breakages. I really did enjoy this figure out of the box and still look at him on my shelf with satisfaction. I have problems with mine -- bad flashing on the knees, globby weathering (chocolate sauce), some imperfections in the gold paint -- but the overall still pleases me. I didn't have any breakage that I'm aware of but I can see the immediate aggravation over that. But some of these other nits, like heavy weathering under the nose or a miniscule smear here and there seem really petty to me.

I couldn't agree more. BUT I don't have mine in hand yet. With one payment left to be made on my preorder sunday, I've decided to go through with the purchase. From what I've seen this thread, in photos, and video reviews, overall he looks good to me. I am curious what mine will be like since it's shipping later.

For what it's worth, here's my video review of it.

Great review! I like your 3P0 head, did you notice the whole left side has no weathering? Im a little jealous! I finally got mine today! Im liking it overall. There are issues... but i don't hate it.

For what it's worth, here's my video review of it.

Interesting. Your figure has the same line on the left eye socket that mine has. Here I thought that was a scratch. I only noticed it because where I have it sitting the light hits it just right, and it is a little distracting when it does. But, if yours has it, it must just be part of how they're made, a mould seam or some such thing.

3poscratch.jpg

Last edited:
The gold threaded section showing with the damaged arm looks odd.

There was nothing like it on the real thing:

latest

In the instructions it looks to be angled:

23847459454_76345ed290_o.jpg

As if it was originally intended that the notch on the shoulder be screwed onto the stump so that it sat closer to the body.

Received my goldenrod today. After all the QC issues and complaints I was a bit apprehensive. Luckily mine only has one real issue.

Personally I think SS has done a great job with this figure. The weathering in hand is fine and from shelf distance looks good. My head poped off with minimal effort and the head range of motion is excellent. The arm pistons seem to work well so long as you grip an appropriate section of arm for the direction you want to move it and do it gently. I'm very happy with this figure. The only real issue with mine is he has one yellow eye and one white eye. I've put in a request for a replacement head. The thumbs are unfortunate but don't seems as big a deal when I have him in hand.

Despite some of the hypebole in regards to every SS figure being a dud (the recent OT Tie Pilot was executed fantastically and SS Deadpool was a total home run for me - I can only speak to the figures I've bought), this one is really quite good. That said, I am still interested to see what HT will finally comes up with for the droids. In the meantime this will do just fine. In fact I'm tempted to leave C3PO and R2D2 downstairs instead of moving them up to the Star Wars display for a while because they do look quite striking on the side table they currently occupy after taking some pics. Next to 3PO though, I think my R2 needs some more dirt.

R2%20amp%203PO_zpsrcfitmxd.jpg

It's a very unexpected fault, that's for sure. I said I was happy with my Sideshow figures, but if I'm griping I'd say I've got a Vader that's too tall, a stormtrooper that can't stand up on its own, a Tusken Raider with stubby arms and rubber knees and an R2 with a seam on its dome. One by one those figures are being replaced with HT versions (zero chance of a HT Tusken Raider though).

I asked Jack Bauer about a HT Tusken Raider and he said although he hadn't seen any plans for one he didn't see why they wouldn't make one.

So, I studied the thumbs and I think my approach will be to cut the thumbs off with a blade. I intend to leave as much of the "root" as possible so I can bore a tiny hole for a post for re-attachment. I'll need to get a very fine drill bit from a craft store.

If you can, please take pictures as you go so others can consider and copy your method if they like. Thanks.

Back