Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a quick pic of mine. You can make out how it looks like another finger and not an opposable thumb...

C3PO 2.jpg

All it needed really was to have been turned inwards some more.

Outside of that, it is a fantastic figure. I've been quite happy with it, for all of these years.

I would say this figure is definitely the most fragile figure I own, even arrived broken but definitely a must have. I’m really hoping HT does a diecast version.

Here's a quick pic of mine. You can make out how it looks like another finger and not an opposable thumb...

View attachment 551642

Outside of that, it is a fantastic figure. I've been quite happy with it, for all of these years.
Thanks, that's how mine looks. I guess there was no easy fix for this. I don't notice it for how it's posed most of the time though, so not the worst thing.

I have been looking at this figure. I like it but does the head seem a bit off?

I think it looks great in hand. I wouldn't upgrade for a Hot Toys version unless it's like an ESB version that can be fully disassembled for Chewie.

I love mine as well. I have the same Fthumb issues.

I did lightly “grease” the joints especially the ones with the rods. (insert joke here)

It made articulating the elbows much easier

Mineral oil lightly used didn't damage anything.

Got this in today, looks like C-3PO alright. Don't like the character but feel like I can't have R2 without him.

View attachment 551642

Thanks for the picture. I see it now, when comparing with the other picture.
Thumbs now can be articulated inwards. Good.

I would say this figure is definitely the most fragile figure I own, even arrived broken but definitely a must have. I’m really hoping HT does a diecast version.
The eyes on one of mine have stopped working. It's a problem because this figure doesn't look as good with eyes turned off as the Tamashii version.
I have been looking at this figure. I like it but does the head seem a bit off?
Yeah, the face sculpt is a little off - reminds me of the Don Post mask from the 1970s. There are some minor mods you can do with paint that help the likeness a bit though.
Pinky finger. Sideshow did send a replacement part quickly. Very painless.

Something worth noting as well: it’s very easy to pull the collar off with the head which can break the two rods that hold the collar to the chest.
The way the batteries are swapped in the figure is really bad. It's quite tight to pull off and yet it's in an area where there are some fragile parts. Why they didn't put a metal ring below the neck so the batteries could be in his "backpack" area I have no idea.

The eyes on one of mine have stopped working. It's a problem because this figure doesn't look as good with eyes turned off as the Tamashii version.

Yeah, the face sculpt is a little off - reminds me of the Don Post mask from the 1970s. There are some minor mods you can do with paint that help the likeness a bit though.

The way the batteries are swapped in the figure is really bad. It's quite tight to pull off and yet it's in an area where there are some fragile parts. Why they didn't put a metal ring below the neck so the batteries could be in his "backpack" area I have no idea.
I 100% agree. The batteries should have been in a backpack compartment. Pulling on the head makes me so nervous.

Back