Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sticking with this order. Basically, the pluses outweigh the negatives.

I can definitely see Hot Toys releasing a metallic version (a la Tama) to go along with their release of R2. I'll end up getting those two as well... (sigh...)

I can definitely see Hot Toys releasing a metallic version (a la Tama) to go along with their release of R2. I'll end up getting those two as well... (sigh...)

Yep, me too. I bought Hasbro's and got rid of them. I bought Medicom's to replace Hasbro's then sold them. Now I'll have Sideshow's for a while until I sell them for Hot Toys'...it never ends.

When did he get that hole? I don't recall ever seeing that. (EDIT: Okay, looks like he got it sometime around the sand people attack.)

The weathering is not good. Everyone seems to be upping their game on that except SSC, who seems to never improve weathering technique at production. The runs look like the same opaque decals like they used on the deluxe clone troopers. It's like SSC has peaked. The figure has pluses, but the finish is not 2016 quality IMO.

Last edited:

Yeh, the pluses easily outweigh the negatives imo. I'd be very surprised if HT release ANH versions of the droids, even more surprised if one or both are die-cast and more surprised still if either ends up any better. No surprise if they end up being a lot more expensive though.

Got the Thursday notice as well. I'm gonna stick with the order but this may be the first figure I mod if the weathering is as bad as it seems; the prototype doesn't seem to have a lot of the weathering shown in the production piece and certainly isn't as heavy-handed. Would also have liked to see a more chrome-like finish, hope it looks better in hand.

Sure looks smaller to me...

View attachment 234887

View attachment 234888

tumblr_lmsx38io9z1qguurxo1_500.gif

Doing the handlebar mod makes a hell of a difference to the overall appearance.

^^What thread are we in again?

Thought this would be a fun comparison. Can't wait to see a real side by side. The SS figure looks great to me, really just the head that the Tama is a clear winner to me. Articulation looks much better on the SS, couldn't come close to that hip movement in the first photo. Finish looks fine to me on the SS too, just the weathering that I'm a bit dubious about.

57b9cba2f8b3a5b193b111f972eff330_zpsnhez0kww.jpg

2be39ee4baacc7758abbf10c011ad7b2_zpsht6os1c0.jpg

4a669b73e29fbdef704b7100f6e4f13c_zpsxljl7cwg.jpg

57a4777f7f6c04f63750d254e3f3ae44_zpsccknje0q.jpg

Please, please let the weathering be easily removeable without damaging the gold paint. That weathering has to go. I have an EX pre-ordered and Im going to leave him boxed and wait for someone to try removing the weathering. If it is possible, Ill open him up and go that route and be content.

Back